Wave resturant/MK fireworks

Bev J

DIS Veteran
We have ADR for the Wave at 7pm, with MK fireworks at 9. Will we be able to go up to the viewing deck at the Contemporary to watch them with a receipt from the Wave? We thought 2 hrs would be enough time but have been reading alot of reviews that say service was very slow
MK is open till 12 EMH that evening so we will go back to the park.

Thanks! Only 2 more weeks!

I love the Wave! Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. When you say viewing deck do you mean the top of the resort? If so that is California Grill and separate from the Wave. If you mean the outside area in the hotel you don’t need a receipt to get out there.

I was unaware that patrons who have dined at The a Wave can go up and view the fireworks, thought this only applies to California Grill patrons in the viewing area outside the California Grill.:confused: Enjoy your dinner at the Wave! :thumbsup2We were quite pleased!:cool1:

The viewing deck is located on the fourth floor. There are times when it is closed to other guests if they have a ticketed event located there during the fireworks.

I believe the 4th floor observation deck is open to all - no receipts required. However, as indicated above, a portion or all may be roped off for the Highway in the Sky Dine-around or other private events. The decks on the top floor are for California Grill patrons only. I don’t believe they’ll honor receipts from The Wave.

As others have said, YMMV viewing the fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck depending on private events or Highway in the Sky. Guests who have dined at the Wave will not be allowed access to the Cali Grill observation decks. That's reserved for guests who have dined (or are dining) at Cali Grill that evening.

I will just add that if you finish your meal by 8 or 8:15, I personally would just walk back to MK and view it from the park. Even if Main Street is packed and you hang near the train station, it will be a much better view (IMO) than the 4th floor deck. I don't love the view from Contemporary - it's so off center and you miss all the castle portions. And the 4th floor view is not very high up.

Plus that puts you in the park before the mass of humanity starts flooding out after the fireworks if you plan to stay.

(Our meal at The Wave has never taken 2 hours, but we don't order appetizers and desserts. It might also be worth checking in a tad early and hoping to score a table earlier)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter