Waterslide

Roobear77

Mouseketeer
We are headed to the fort in September and looking forward to lots of pool time. Is there a height restriction on the waterslide? Can kids go down in a life jacket?

Thanks!

No height restriction as it's pretty tame and kids can definitely go down with a life jacket.

Our adventurous 2 year old went down it! I think he actually did it twice, but that was plenty:D I think that we might spend all afternoon at the slide next week as he has turned into
an even braver 3 year old!

Just a friendly tip. Suggest to them that they keep their mouth CLOSED as they go down. On one of our trips (2014 I think) our younger DD went down the slide and took a big gulp. Forgetting the fact of all that may be in the water, The Chlorine alone was enough to make her gag.... And GAG she did.... to the point that, well..... something came up :crazy2: (we'll leave it at that). Wasn't much but it was enough to cause them to "Clear and Close" the pool for about an hour. (We did end up leaving to go back to our site to take care of our DD). It's my understanding that they cleaned (vacuums and/or nets or something) and adde extra chlorine (or other chemicals) before folks were allowed back in.

WE felt bad, but, it is what it is... So, if you don't want to have the focus.... :) just remind them.

Another tip is (this probably goes without saying but) keep your eye on them. The slide supervision is pretty much minimal if any. So though your kids may be listening and following the rules there may be others around them that are not...
I was nervous not for my DD so much as some other kids that I thought for sure would fall off that structure because they were jumping around or running into the slide head first.

Our adventurous 2 year old went down it! I think he actually did it twice, but that was plenty:D I think that we might spend all afternoon at the slide next week as he has turned into
an even braver 3 year old!
Are kids allowed to go tandem with an adult, or was your son actually able go by himself? I think my 3YO would love the slide (and big brother and big sister will be all over it), but I definitely don't think he could handle it on his own.

Are kids allowed to go tandem with an adult, or was your son actually able go by himself? I think my 3YO would love the slide (and big brother and big sister will be all over it), but I definitely don't think he could handle it on his own.

No, you can't go down tandem unfortunately. We sent one parent up the slide to make sure the got on successfully and then one of us was waiting at the bottom to "catch" him. That seemed to work well last year. This year as soon as we knew he understood the red Light/green light he did it by himself.

No, you can't go down tandem unfortunately. We sent one parent up the slide to make sure the got on successfully and then one of us was waiting at the bottom to "catch" him. That seemed to work well last year. This year as soon as we knew he understood the red Light/green light he did it by himself.
Wow... and he did it at 2! Was he already swimming, or wearing a floatie, or were you just really good at catching him?

Wow... and he did it at 2! Was he already swimming, or wearing a floatie, or were you just really good at catching him?

Wearing a swimmie (puddle jumper.) He doesn't know how to swim yet but isn't afraid to get his face wet and go under so that made a big difference. Our 5 year old finally decided it was fun this year! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter