• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waterproof (cry-proof) eyeliner?

marthachick

Traveling Grammy
DS is getting married in May and I need cry-proof eyeliner. What are your suggestions and where do you get it? Thanks!

I wish I could find a great waterproof mascara.
I have tried a couple, the latest, Estee Lauder Sumptuous.
The wand on that one is just huge and ridiculous and does not even begin to work well for applying the heavier/stickier waterproof mascara.
And, it dries on so dry that it flakes.
Uggghhhh....

Anybody know of a really great one?

I had seen the reviews for this but wanted "real" input. I'll check it out!

I wish I could find a great waterproof mascara.
I have tried a couple, the latest, Estee Lauder Sumptuous.
The wand on that one is just huge and ridiculous and does not even begin to work well for applying the heavier/stickier waterproof mascara.
And, it dries on so dry that it flakes.
Uggghhhh....

Anybody know of a really great one?

I'll need this too!

IT eyeliner. I got it at Ulta but can order from Amazon. Only comes off with make up remover. I even fell asleep with it on my face and it was still on perfectly in the morning.

Revlon Colorstay eyeliner. You can get it at any drugstore. It is a pencil stick. It goes on creamy, is very smudgeable so one can blend it in and soften any hard lines. After a minute, it sets and is smudgeproof and waterproof. It's like wearing a Sharpie permanent marker once it sets. But removes easily with soap & water.

Make sure you apply it to clean skin. Only one person I know of had complained about it and said every eyeliner she tried smudges & comes off way too easily. I suspect she wore an oily moisturizer that migrated too close to her eyes. Or she didn't remove all traces of eye makeup remover before applying. Because there is no way this stuff budges when applied to clean, dry skin.

Last edited:

When my son got married I used a setting spray. My makeup looked great all day and night.

Eyeshadow primer before eyeshadow and eyeliner helps a lot. Then spray your whole face with the setting spray. I used urban decay but too faced I’ve also used and is good.

Stila stay all day liner is amazing, and I also love Kat Von D like PP mentioned. If possible, avoid putting it on your lower lid and don't close your eyes when you cry- those things add to smudging! (Take this from a serial movie-cryer)

Maybelline Master Precise Ink. It only comes in metallics, but the black doesn't seem too shimmery. I have oily lids and all other eyeliners smudge on me even with primer.

I'm not very up on makeup trends and just recently learned about tubing mascara. It doesn't run or smudge. At most by the end of the day little bits might come off but they easily brush off my skin. It comes off with warm water. I use Clinique Lash Power mascara but there are other brands. The only problem I've had with it is if I don't take my time applying it, it can look clumpy.

I'm not very up on makeup trends and just recently learned about tubing mascara. It doesn't run or smudge. At most by the end of the day little bits might come off but they easily brush off my skin. It comes off with warm water. I use Clinique Lash Power mascara but there are other brands. The only problem I've had with it is if I don't take my time applying it, it can look clumpy.

Yes! I LOVE TUBING mascara!!! OMG, once I discovered them, I will never go back to regular mascaras that flake, smear or smudge. No MORE panda/raccoon eyes!!!

I use the Loreal Double Extend tubing mascara. There are a few Loreal Double Extend mascaras, this is the one in the red & white container with a wand enclosed at each end. make sure the package says tubes.

You coat the lashes with the white wand. I think it is just wax. Before it hardens & dries, you coat the lashes with the dark color. This dries around the wax & lash into a plastic-y tube that doesn't flake or smear. To separate the lashes so they don't get all clumpy, as stated above, I use an extra, clean mascara wand that I cleaned from an old tube of mascara. Before they fully dry & are stuck together permanently, I swipe up a few times with the clean mascara wand.

To wash the tubing mascara off, wash with warm water which melts the wax and the tubes slide right off. The first time you wash your face and see all tubes in the bottom of the sink, it is scary & shocking. :eek: You think all your lashes have fallen off. :faint: Nope, it's just the tubes! After that you realize why your mascara will never flake, smudge or smear anymore. The tubes stay in one whole piece, even when they wash off. :thumbsup2

300.JPG

Just wanted to say CONGRATS in advance:dance3:, I'm sure there will be many happy tears! Our eldest DS married in August, still smiling from the memories! :love:

I have oily eyelids and swear by Sephora's store brand waterproof felt-tip eyeliner. I also use Nyx waterproof mascara, with a few spritzes of Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray over everything. Works like a charm...that combination won't even come off in the shower - I have to use waterproof eye makeup remover.

(I'm also going to be a bit of a contrarian on the Kat Von D eyeliner...I've found that it doesn't work well on my oily eyelids, even with primer. I've tried it a few times and I find that it starts smudging after only a couple of hours. So if you're super oily like me, that might be something to consider.)

CONGRATS to your DS!

For mascara I've been using IT Superhero mascara. I had eye surgery in the fall and between that and allergies my eyes water most of the day but it stays put. I also use Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. For my job now I'm out for long days doing client visits and my daughter noted yesterday I still looked good when we were driving home at 6pm; I had left the house at 7am and been on the road all day!

Yes! I LOVE TUBING mascara!!! OMG, once I discovered them, I will never go back to regular mascaras that flake, smear or smudge. No MORE panda/raccoon eyes!!!

I use the Loreal Double Extend tubing mascara. There are a few Loreal Double Extend mascaras, this is the one in the red & white container with a wand enclosed at each end. make sure the package says tubes.

You coat the lashes with the white wand. I think it is just wax. Before it hardens & dries, you coat the lashes with the dark color. This dries around the wax & lash into a plastic-y tube that doesn't flake or smear. To separate the lashes so they don't get all clumpy, as stated above, I use an extra, clean mascara wand that I cleaned from an old tube of mascara. Before they fully dry & are stuck together permanently, I swipe up a few times with the clean mascara wand.

To wash the tubing mascara off, wash with warm water which melts the wax and the tubes slide right off. The first time you wash your face and see all tubes in the bottom of the sink, it is scary & shocking. :eek: You think all your lashes have fallen off. :faint: Nope, it's just the tubes! After that you realize why your mascara will never flake, smudge or smear anymore. The tubes stay in one whole piece, even when they wash off. :thumbsup2

I third tube mascara! I use Trish McEvoy currently and have used Blinc in the past. I have worn both swimming with no issues at all *unless you purposely rub/pull your eyelashes.

As for eyeliner, I love Mac Power Point

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter