• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

waterpark for non-swimmer ?

louisaho

DIS Veteran
i am really poor in swimming
but i really like to go to water park, any suggestion>?
thanks

I have not been to the water parks - this upcoming trip will be my 1st time enjoying them. But as far as the water slides go I think - although not sure - that most probably end in a 3'6" deep section - same as the pools at most resorts. and as far as things like the lazy river you have an innertube so you have something to hold on to - I think but again not sure you can use this in the wave pool too.

Hopefully someone with more 1st hand knowledge will give you more info.

Sue:D

I am most certainly not a mermaid. Water is not my favorite element. I can swim but not really that well. Now, my dd and dh are wonderful in the water. So, we go and they love the huge wave pool at TL. We do the family tube slides and the lazy river is fun. There really is something for all levels of ability. As far as the slides go, I'm not sure how deep it is at the ends.

Sue is correct, in the lazy river you ride in a tube, but the water is shallow anyway. You should be okay in the wave pool if you don't go too far out. The smaller slides all dump you off in pretty shallow water, and you don't have to swim very far to get to the edge of the pool. I would think a poor swimmer would be scared of the mega slides because you hit the water with a tremendous force at the end. It can be disorienting, and I am a pretty good swimmer. At the end of all slides they have staff members if you need help. but mostly they want you to swim out of the way FAST! I think you could find plenty of things to do and enjoy.

Water is not my favorite element...I can doggy paddle at best...but I went to BB and had a great time. I even braved Summit Plummit. The pools at the end of all the slides are pretty shallow (3'6"). I didn't brave any of the raft rides that sent you face first into a pool (there are only 2, I think, at BB)....but avoiding those did not take away from the enjoyment of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter