Water?

wdwlovin'family

Mouseketeer
I am just curious how many people drink water from the tap in the stateroom bathrooms? This is our first cruise and my dh thinks the thought of this is gross, where I am guessing that the water is clean and comes from the same place the rest of the water on the ship does. Also, he is wondering if the soda tastes different/funny due to the ship water being used with it.

Is there any cost difference/benefit to pre-ordering water packages besides it being right there when you get into your room? How long does it take for room service to get it to you? I am thinking that maybe we can try it and see how we feel about it when we get there.

My family always drinks bottled water and can tell immediately if soda is mixed with odd tasting water and we had no issues drinking tap water on the fantasy. Soda did not taste funny either. If you try it and decide you don't like it I'm sure you can order a case but you should be fine.

wdwlovin'family said:
I am just curious how many people drink water from the tap in the stateroom bathrooms? This is our first cruise and my dh thinks the thought of this is gross, where I am guessing that the water is clean and comes from the same place the rest of the water on the ship does. Also, he is wondering if the soda tastes different/funny due to the ship water being used with it.

Is there any cost difference/benefit to pre-ordering water packages besides it being right there when you get into your room? How long does it take for room service to get it to you? I am thinking that maybe we can try it and see how we feel about it when we get there.

I drink ship water. It's not a big deal.

My understanding is that all tap water is filtered via reverse osmosis. If so, it's as least as pure (or more so) than bottled water. And much much cheaper :)

The water on the ship is the same water, whether it comes from the beverage station, a restaurant, or your bathroom faucet. It is processed by reverse osmosis and then filtered, and is more pure than many bottled waters. It does NOT taste funny.

The cost of a case of bottled water to your room is about $35 whether ordered in advance or after boarding. If you have private transportation to the port, make a grocery store or Wal-mart stop on the way and place it in a rolling carry on bag. I just paid under $3 per case when DD was "hosting" a soccer match and had to supply a water bottle for each participant. At that price, the difference would even pay for the suitcase!

We ordered bottled water for our room while onboard, but we drank very little of it! We ended up leaving it behind because we had no where to put it, and we wouldn't have been able to take it through airport security anyway! I will not be paying for bottled water on our next cruise.

The only thing is we *do* like the convenience of having a container to hold the water. I will refill my bottle from the tap, but I do like to start with at least one water bottle per person.

Ships water tastes better than the water from my RO system at home. The Evian I bought on board for the room on my first cruise tasted horrible. Never again. I bought some bottles with Brita filters but we only used them in port away from the ship.

I have never had an issue with the room tap water. Tastes better than "city water".
As clean as Disney is everywhere else, I wouldn't even consider the tap water to be harmful in any way.

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

The only thing is we *do* like the convenience of having a container to hold the water. I will refill my bottle from the tap, but I do like to start with at least one water bottle per person.

We stopped and bought bottled water before we boarded. It was not expensive, but it was a waste of time and we didn't even drink it all and it took up a bunch of room. Next time, we will also just have a bottle for each of us and refill on the ship.

Reuseable water bottles are the key. You do not need to buy a case of bottled water just to have containers.

I drink a ton of water (in fact, only drink water and alcohol these days). DH is the type that will use bottled water to brush his teeth at any hotel we stay at.

I'm guessing it will be worth our while to purchase the bottled water on our way to the port next week.

luv2sleep said:
Ships water tastes better than the water from my RO system at home. The Evian I bought on board for the room on my first cruise tasted horrible. Never again. I bought some bottles with Brita filters but we only used them in port away from the ship.

We do use brita water bottles as well but keep in mind that it is for potable water only. We also drink the water on the ship.

Won't our great grandpas laugh if they knew we pay for water. I think that was a joke back then. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter