Water Without A Refillable Mug?

GoofyPrincess

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if I can use an old refillable mug or just a regular plastic mug to get ice water (only) from the resort dining room dispensers? I've gotten completely away from soda, but would love to be able to just get water without waiting in the cashier line for a water cup (and wasting it after a drink or two) each time.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I get ice and water in my Yeti cup from resort food court drink stations all the time and have never had the first problem. Latest instance was last month.

That's great to know, I was wondering the same thing.

Like all things at Disney I think this may depend on the location and CM. While at the Marketplace at Beach Club last month I saw a couple filling metal water bottles from the drink station and a CM told them they had to get a water cup first. The couple ignored the CM and yes yessed her while continuing to fill their bottles. The CM repeated it several times but they didn't stop until they were finished.

I'm not sure if this is for sanitary reasons of having a small mouthed container close to the dispenser or what since they obviously can't steal soda with the chip readers now.

Just wanted to share so you're prepared in case it happens. Ice water is free at any fountain location so that's not a problem; you may have to fill a cup and pour it in your own container though.

I've brought my old mugs a few times and they have free water, tea, and coffee. I've never had any CMs mention anything. I am also using a very new mug that is the exact same one that everyone else has.

I've brought my old mugs a few times and they have free water, tea, and coffee. I've never had any CMs mention anything. I am also using a very new mug that is the exact same one that everyone else has.

I know that the water is free, but I didn't think the tea and coffee were free too. I know they don't have the chip readers but I assumed that you either needed to purchase the refillable mug or a one-time cup to get either of those.

You can get water for free but tea and coffee need to be purchased -Unless you've purchased that mug on your current trip. If you're reusing an old mug you need to be paying for that coffee and tea you say you are taking for free.

I know that the water is free, but I didn't think the tea and coffee were free too. I know they don't have the chip readers but I assumed that you either needed to purchase the refillable mug or a one-time cup to get either of those.
You are correct. Unless a refillable mug is purchased, water is free for the taking - tea and coffee are not.

I've purchased a mug on last trip and also brought another mug from previous trip to put coffee in, because I didn't want the same mug for both coffee and soda. I bring both mugs with me when I fill old one with coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter