WATER WATER WATER

Lowe6

Mouseketeer
Hi all !!!! I need your help. I am curious if the water at Dis and the resorts taste good. I'm debating whether or not to purchase water bottles ahead of time to send to room. I really don't want to spend the money however I am picky when it comes to good water.

Has anyone ever gotten the flavor packets or drops to put in water? If so what type did you like.

Thank you so much for all your help.:thanks:

We have water bottles with filters in them. Never had an issue with taste using them with the water from the hotel room tap.

It depends. Some water is absolutely disgusting at Disney, some is perfectly fine, but you never know what you’re going to get. I filled our bottles at the freestyle machine every morning and hauled it around all day. When it was empty we just drank whatever we could find. I have used the water flavours, but it was so hot I couldn’t be bothered to waste my time digging it out of the backpack.

We drank the water at the QS restaurants and never noticed a bad taste. Now that I've read so many terrible reviews about the water, I'm curious to taste it again!

Water at the MK and the MK resort area is terrible. Bad after taste!! (I swear they pump it straight from Bay Lake:rotfl2:) We usually have 3 cases of water delivered to the resort (with an assortment of other foods and snacks from Garden Grocer) and use those throughout our stay! We start off w/ 6 bottles of water each morning (there are 2 of us) we each drink one on way to park, then drink the other 2 each throughout the morning. This lightens up the back pack throughout the day but also helps to keep my back a bit cool as well!

We have used the filtered water bottles in the past they work well, but we don't like carrying them all day because of the bulk!

I will say the water at EPCOT's The Land is really good!!

This will be a very personal answer. I guess I'm not picky, I've never had water at WDW that was "gross"...ever. The water from the QS places (and I'd imagine TS too) is filtered, so that's what we get all the time.

Has anyone ever gotten the flavor packets or drops to put in water? If so what type did you like.

I pretty much only drink flavored water. My go to are the Crush packets. Strawberry, grape, orange and pineapple are all good. I just saw and tried Sunny D for the first time this weekend. It doesn’t taste exactly like real Sunny D but it is close and very good. Jolly Rancher also has several flavors and the Green Apple is amazing.

Have a great time at Disney!

Water from the tap in WDW, DL and on DCL is just fine. Actually, the water on DCL may be the purist you will ever drink,which may make it funny tasting to some from areas with odd water taste where they live.
I bought a bottle of Evian at the airport last week when on the way to DL. That stuff tastes AWFUL. Glad to refill it with Anaheim tap water.

I'm guessing all the drinking water sources at WDW use filters now. Growing up and visiting relatives in Florida, we always referred to it as "Florida water" and it was awful; very sulfur-tasting. Blech! But now, I don't detect any issues with the tap water, and my taste buds still work, so I think they upped their water filter game.

YOu
Hi all !!!! I need your help. I am curious if the water at Dis and the resorts taste good. I'm debating whether or not to purchase water bottles ahead of time to send to room. I really don't want to spend the money however I am picky when it comes to good water.

Thank you so much for all your help.:thanks:

You can buy a case of bottled water at the resort gift shop. It's more than buying them at Walmart or somewhere similar, but WAY less than buying them in the park, and its less hassle than picking up a package (and depending on the resort you are staying at, paying the package surcharge).

I don't like the taste of the tap water in Orlando at all. I usually buy bottles, but for my next trip I purchased a Britta bottle with a filter. I'm hoping it works good enough to save me a bit of money.

We buy a large container of water. There is a spout on it so you can pour it into your water bottle.

My daughter thinks it tastes like swamp water but loves their ice. I don't mind the water that is served at QS or TS locations or the resort food courts. I do think the water from the fountains in the parks is nasty. We usually ask for water at QS places and pour into Brita bottles with filters. Watch for a coupon and you might be able save $$. I bought mine with $4 off coupons at Walmart so they were less than $5. (Makes it not as painful when you lose one in the park :rolleyes1 )

We bring a large Tervis water bottle and get the free waters from QS and I’ve never had a problem with the taste but we do try and bring at least one great value brand water drops to break it up. You can get your own refills at the Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT and at the Backlot Express in HS. It’s nice not having to waste the paper cups since we just pour them into our big bottle.

Water is water...... Some places taste better than others yes. BUT I do not like to carry around water, nor do I want to pay for water. I also like cold water all day long. We are known to ride a ride, get a cup of water and walk to the next ride, ride, and repeat. This way you know you are staying hydrated. That is just us though. I rather drink the free water than pay for the over priced soda!

In the parks we only drink CS filtered water, never from the water fountains (tastes very gross to us). Otherwise we bring our (well) water from home for drinking and making coffee. (we are in a motor home at FW).

I always bring pure frozen lemon juice and add a little to my water as a change, but not all the time. I don't like the after taste of any of the flavored additive drops, plus they're horribly sweet tasting to us also.

I'm fine with the water served in QS and TS venues but keep bottled water for the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter