Water taxis

Michigandermom

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at HRH the last week of July. I think it would be great to be able to leave the parks and head back to the hotel for a while for a swim when it starts getting really hot and crowded. I was wondering how often the water taxis run back and forth from the parks to the hotels. How many are there and how many people do they hold? Is there usually a long line waiting to get on them? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

We stayed at the HRH last week. We used the water taxi alot! (we have a 3 & 4 year old) Never had to wait more than 5 minutes or so for a taxi. Not sure how many it held but when we rode it was never totally full. We did notice around 8pm(parks were closing) when we leaving City Walk after dinner the water taxi line looked fuller than normal and just decided to walk back to HRH (5 minutes at the most).
It was great with the kids and we all loved it... so pretty.

HRH is so close to US that you might choose to not even ride the water taxi. The one to HRH is always less than full than the ones to PBH and RPR. The walk to HRH is less than 5 minutes. It's still fun to ride the water taxi occasionally. We were on it once all by ourselves in March.

Thanks, Wendywoo. It sounds like it will work out great for us to use the water taxis for a midday break. If it were up to me, I'd probably stay at the parks from the time they open till closing time, but My DH would have no part of that. He loves lounging at the pool. For some reason he has the crazy idea that vacations are supposed to be for resting and relaxing! I, on the other hand, try to pack as much fun and excitement into every moment as I can. We'll try to compromise. He'll let me drag him out of bed first thing in the mornings to go play and I'll do my best to try to enjoy a couple of hours of down time every day! If I just can't stand it, I'm sure one of the kids would be willing to go back to the parks with me.

It's actually easier to walk from Universal Studios to the Hard Rock Hotel than to take the water taxi. It is so close. It's not really much further from Islands of Adventure to the Hard Rock Hotel. We only took the water taxi if we happened to be on that side of City Walk and the taxi was waiting there.

Do you mean that it is even possible to walk from the HRH to City Walk? I knew HRH was very close to one of the parks (Universal Studios, I think), but I didn't know it would be walking distance to both parks. That's good to know.

Sometimes you just want to ride the water but you could walk to the hard rock twice as fast.

Wendywoo - How did your 3 & 4 year old like HRH? We're going in July with a 3, 5 and 6 year old and some people keep saying RPH for kids and I was nervous we made a wrong choice with HRH. Also, was there a lot for them to do in US/IOA. Any tips would be helpful since this is our first time at Universal. We've only done Disney before. Thanks a lot.

My kids had a wonderful time!! We thought that since Hard Rock was pegged as being a "party" it would be too much for them. MY DH(31) really wanted to stay at HRH for the "cool" factor(I think lol) :).
Everyone at HRH was so great to our kids really suprised us! (make sure you get the Milk and Cookies with you Loews membership). They went out of there way to ask if they were having fun and if they need anything.
The pool was PERFECT for them especially with the zero entry part. We were able to sit in our lounge chairs and they played and played. My son(4) loved the slide they gave him life preserver to wear and he rode it again and again (Mama & Daddy at the end to catch him of course). Now my DD(3) would only ride it twice. Also they have sand buckets basketballs and a few other goodies to use(free) were you get your beach towels just ask.
At the pool beach area they also had daliy things for the kids to do. Die Tye T-shirt Day Scaveger Huts lots of "cool" things. Oh yeah also there is a sandy beach area they played alot there and a little kids pool with fountain things to play in!
Now at Universal Studios I was really surprised they was so much for them to do! We rode everything except Men In Black because both the kids were too small.
They loved ET Jimmy Neutron Shek Earthquake! There is also Fivels Play Land Woody Woodpeckers roller coaster and Curious Gerorges water park area (either save this for last or put bathing suits on them WET). Lots and Lots for them to do! Plenty of charaters.
FOTL is just the best with kids because they don't understand you gotta wait :)
We are planning a September trip back there just because we liked it so much! DH and I are usually like to go to new places after we have done things so this is a first wanted to go and do it again! And my son wants to eat at the Kitchen :) we just never got the chance.
If I can answer anything else just email me woodard@chartertn.net
Ya'll are going to have a super time!! :)

I completely agree with Wendywoo. We stayed at HRH last year with our then 3 and 5 year old boys. They thought it was so cool. Everyone was incredibly nice to them. I did not know about toys at the towel stand. Next trip we are staying at the RPR just because we have not stayed there before, but I have a feeling we will have to go over to the Hard Rock at least once to use the slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter