Water Shoes

mnasf

DIS Veteran
Our cruise is coming up and I was wondering if we need water shoes for the dolphin excursions or Castaway Cay. Thanks!

You'll need them for the Aqua Duck -- the stairs get hot!

DH and I have done Castaway Cay and two dolphin swims without shoes, but we were at CC in December so the sand wasn't hot.

My suggestion is a resounding 'yes.' Last year our 15 yr old was bitten by a clam!! Can you believe it? The darn thing hung on to her toe until we were able to remove it! So yes, I think CC would be a great place to use water shoes. Funny thing we have been on 10 cruises and never used them - but we will in the future!!!

I've been wondering about water shoes also, for my upcoming Western. Does anyone have any types of water shoes they recommend? TIA!

My feet are too sensitive to walk on the beach. If I don't wear them I look like an idiot trying to avoid things, going ouch, ouch, all they way down the beach. :yay:

I've tried the closed shoe, but all they did was fill up with sand...so now my water shoe of choice is a Teva Sandal. Sand washes out, they dry very quickly and though they my not be the most "stylin'" shoe they work well for me.

The Teva Terra sport or Textile Sport. They do have a huge selection on e-bay, for me I do size down one size.

Hope I was of some help....

We've always gone with the cheap Walmart water shoes. We wore them at the Atlantis waterpark and the next day at Castaway Cay and then tossed them.

We did the same thing when we went to Schlitterbaun. The once every 5-7 years i need water shoes isn't worth paying for better lasting or more expensive.

We took ours on the last cruise thanks to the boards. I was so happy to have them!! I highly recommend them.

The Teva's on e-bay are around $20 to $30. I think they are worth the money they will out last me....and the styles really don't change from year to year.

Just my senstive feet talking here..... they say the are priceless!!!:rotfl:

Thanks for the lead on Tevas - I'll check out ebay. That's a good price and I like them better than the regular netted water shoes also. :thumbsup2

They also have them for sale at CC. Not last forever variety but certainly they do the trick!!

I will never go without water shoes again...stepped on a sea urchin at CC and then went home and promptly bought 2 pair from Lands End....love em and they actually look cute.

Any problems going down water-slides with them on? I'm thinking that if you hit the side of the slide it will sort of make you stop.

I got some Keen Newport H2 just prior to our recent Fantasy cruise after reading the reviews on Amazon.

They are a little pricey but I wear them all the time now. You can go from the boat straight into the water...

I second (or third) the Teva suggestion. I found a pair on clearance at Dicks, and just love them. They may not be high fashion, but they have saved my piggies at Typhoon Lagoon several times, and they will get their first shot on a cruise in November!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter