Water shoes for water parks?

JessicaW1234

DIS Veteran
Should I buy water shoes /socks for the. Water parks? I have read that the ground is too hot to walk on, so I was thinking of buying the water sock type for me and DD, 9 to keep on, even on the slides.

Does anyone. Do this? Is it allowed?

Can anyone recommend some that are not expensive? Thanks!

We wear water shoes at the water parks because the ground does get very hot in spots. I'm not sure about every slide but we did have to take them off on some of the slides.

I have asked questions about this same thing. We have decided to wear flip flops and put the strap on on wrest when going down the slides and wear them like a bracelet lol. Some say they have done this so we are going to try it.

Water socks are allowed, but sometimes you will have to hold them in your hands as you go down a slide.

We went to both waterparks last year for the first time and went without water shoes. Walking around, there were a few hot spots on the pavement but the lines seemed to have water on the pavement so we didn't encounter any problem. I had no complaints but one of my DDs complained that her feet got scraped in the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool.

I never wear water shoes, we go in August and I don't have a problem walking around. The only time I put my sandles on is to go to the washroom, get food, or go to the lockers. My son feels the same way as I do, but my DH and DD love their water shoes.

I was thinking of wearing water shoes - why would we have to take them off on the rides?

either hot spots or a little rough concrete remember if someone hurts there foot that hurts your vacation. My daughter ripped her toes apart and had to get a wheel chair for her for the rest of the vacation.

We bought aqua shoes at Walgreens on International Drive, and they worked perfectly for the water parks. Sometimes a CM will ask you to take them off on a water slide. I would just hold them against my chest.

I was thinking of wearing water shoes - why would we have to take them off on the rides?
The only slides you will be required to remove them are the slides where you aren't on a mat or tube. The socks/shoes will cause friction and create resistance on the slides. So for guest safety they require you to remove them.

The only slides you will be required to remove them are the slides where you aren't on a mat or tube. The socks/shoes will cause friction and create resistance on the slides. So for guest safety they require you to remove them.

Right, the rubber causes traction. I will say, I rode a tube slide last time and they let me keep my water shoes on. The rubber struck the slide wall on one of the turns and kinda jammed my foot and turned the tube due to the friction. A ma tall though and my legs stick out quite a bit. You can always just hold them or wear them on your hands on the way down.

We bought water shoes at Land's End. They were like sneakers so we didn't mind walking in them from the hotel. We kept them on the entire time at Typhoon Lagoon. They are great shoes. We use them at our beach for walking on the rocks. They turned out to be a great investment.

Oh okay that makes sense!

If you don't take your shoes off on summit plummet, you may have to have them surgically removed. Just sayin...

We bought water shoes at Land's End. They were like sneakers so we didn't mind walking in them from the hotel. We kept them on the entire time at Typhoon Lagoon. They are great shoes. We use them at our beach for walking on the rocks. They turned out to be a great investment.

Be careful with certain types of these shoes, they can get very heavy when wet. They are great for walking through wet areas or hiking where it might get wet, but not for swimming. I once wore them at a "swimmin' hole" in Tennessee and almost drowned. The weight from them was pulling me under. They should be fine for most areas but I wouldn't wear them in the deeper areas of the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon---especially not on kids.

Be careful with certain types of these shoes, they can get very heavy when wet. They are great for walking through wet areas or hiking where it might get wet, but not for swimming. I once wore them at a "swimmin' hole" in Tennessee and almost drowned. The weight from them was pulling me under. They should be fine for most areas but I wouldn't wear them in the deeper areas of the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon---especially not on kids.

The ones I bought at Land's End (4 years ago) were a mesh material on top attached to a light rubber sole that had holes in it for water to escape. They were weightless in the water, and out of the water.

I have used them in a deep pool to do water aerobics; to walk on the beach in and out of the water; and at Typhoon Lagoon in the wave pool, lazy river, and to walk around the park in 2011.

I'm not sure if Land's End still sells the same water shoes, but the ones I bought were and still are awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter