Water Parks. Which one.

Dumbo7

Mouseketeer
We've never been to a Disney water park. Is one better than the other for four adults. Is one less crowded. We'll be going on Sunday if the weather behave.

We've never been to a Disney water park. Is one better than the other for four adults. Is one less crowded. We'll be going on Sunday if the weather behave.

Are you buying a one-day ticket to the water parks or do you have the "plus" option on your tickets? The reason I ask is because it's so hard to decide, I'd be tempted to do both!

Blizzard Beach has more options and is a little bigger.

Typhoon Lagoon has the water coaster and the great wave pool (it'll knock you down if you're not careful).

No, there isn't one that's "better" than the other, it's really a matter of personal taste. Crowds are about the same between the two, so you really won't notice any difference there.

Key differences...first and foremost is the wave pool. The one at BB is small, constant waves. It's like being out deep in the ocean on a moderately choppy day. The waves are non-stop but are small. TL has the biggest waves you'll ever see in a wave pool. They come about once every two minutes and are HUGE. If you aren't a strong swimmer, I wouldn't recommend going in above your waist. We all love the wave pool, because it's so much fun...but make no mistake, it is very, very powerful. It also has a sandpaper-esque floor, so don't let it drag you. TL also has water slides called Crush n Gusher. They're as close to a water slide "roller coaster" as you could get, in that jets of water push you up small hills and over the crests, it's not just all downhill. BB does not have that. BB family tube ride can hold 6, the ones at TL can only hold 4. BB has a slightly steeper/faster "big" slide than TL (not that TLs isn't fun). BB also has Slush Gusher, which is a big steep slide that has humps in it, so on the last one you actually catch a little air as you go over it. TL does not have that.

But really, they're both a blast. You won't go wrong either way.

sharonabe,
BB has lost some of it's slides because the tube slide complex in the back (forget it's name off the top of my head) is closed.

One isn't better than the other and, unless you have the "plus" option on your ticket, neither are worth the one day admission, IMHO. If you want a great water park for adults, head to Uni and go to Volcano Bay.

If you want tube slides, Typhoon Lagoon, body and mat slides Blizzard Beach. Wave Pool: bobbing little waves BB, ocean type waves: TL. Both have lazy rivers. I went to both water parks during my trip. Liked the tube rides at TL, The ski lift to the top of the hill was nice at TL. The Miss Adventures Falls and Crusher Gushers at TL are super cool. I would go TL if you are planning for a longer time at the water parks. If have the water parks option on your tickets so you aren't paying the full price for one day, I would go Blizzard Beach and maybe play the mini golf that right next to it.

If you want tube slides, Typhoon Lagoon, body and mat slides Blizzard Beach. Wave Pool: bobbing little waves BB, ocean type waves: TL. Both have lazy rivers. I went to both water parks during my trip. Liked the tube rides at TL, The ski lift to the top of the hill was nice at TL. The Miss Adventures Falls and Crusher Gushers at TL are super cool. I would go TL if you are planning for a longer time at the water parks. If have the water parks option on your tickets so you aren't paying the full price for one day, I would go Blizzard Beach and maybe play the mini golf that right next to it.

Maybe just a typo, but since OP has never been to any waterpark at WDW, the ski lift is at BB, not TL. And personally I wouldn't use it...it has a long line, stops very frequently and is slow even when it is running.

We were there last week and went to both water parks. We enjoyed both but preferred the overall theming and layout of TL. Several of the slides and food locations were closed at BB, but we did like their more relaxing wave pool better.

The red slope was closed when we went. (Blizzard Beach) This cuts down on the number of slides. I would check to see if it is still closed. If so, I would go to Typhoon Lagoon.

personal , TL is my FAVOURITE by far , the theming to so beautiful all on its own and the side are so Wonderfull for a family's not a lot of "thrill slide" depending on age but the one down side i find is the wave pool can be a little intense for me sometimes , kids love it but i don't share the love. I still pick this water park overtime over BB i just don't feel its as "pretty " 'as the other

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter