Water parks only on a solo trip???

orlandonewstarts

Mouseketeer
We did 8 day family trip in November and did all the parks and sea world. This time I'm going solo for 4 days.

Actually thinking about getting annual water park pass and spending all 4 days at the water park relaxing! But never been to neither water park.

Staying at Disney hotel and going last week of April. Will it be warm enough to enjoy the water park? Not a slidle fan but LOVE a lazy river.

This trip is kind of a freebie bonus trip. Had Southwest credits from when our last flight had reductions. So $28 to fly from MI round trip. Only $300 for the hotel and earning swagbucks gift cards to pay that off. :). Hubby thanks I'm crazy but the airfare credits expire in May so I want to use it.

Thoughts on going alone? How is the water park? Won't have a car just using magical express so what do you all suggest?

I've done Blizzard Beach solo, and it was fun, but not sure I could do the water parks for four days. Also, bear in mind Typhoon Lagoon offers surf lessons preopening, if you are into that. I might consider a day off property to break it up a bit. They always have one water park or the other open, so always warm enough.

I did Typhoon Lagoon solo last April and the weather was just perfect. It was just warm enough but a little cool but perfect because I kept a lot of people away as well. I did it for two days and I really enjoyed it and have no problem now going solo to water parks. Cast members were really friendly and helpful.

Thank you both for your feedback. I'm still considering the water park but also considering 2 days in the parks (epcot and MK). Off topic but wondering - we have never done the dining plan. If I am staying 3 nights / 4 days. And do the 2 day park option. Do I get 3 days work of dining plan? And is it pretty easy to use at the resort for snacks and meals? It would be so much easier to use in Epcot and MK. But wondered about at the resort.

Thank you both for your feedback. I'm still considering the water park but also considering 2 days in the parks (epcot and MK). Off topic but wondering - we have never done the dining plan. If I am staying 3 nights / 4 days. And do the 2 day park option. Do I get 3 days work of dining plan? And is it pretty easy to use at the resort for snacks and meals? It would be so much easier to use in Epcot and MK. But wondered about at the resort.

Dining plan is for number of nights on your stay, and can be used in the parks, at any resort(you can go to any restaurant on property to use it, as long as they accept it), and at Disney Springs. You just scan your magicband or card to the reader and it deducts appropriate credits from your account. Check your receipt before you leave....mistakes are sometimes made so you need to keep count. Also, bear in mind a quick service credit can be converted to 3 snack credits, as long as you use them all in a single transaction. This option is really meant to be used to turn side items into a light meal, but you can use it for any three snack eligible items in the same transaction. You can go on to the Disney site and run a search for dining plan eligible locations. It will list only meal level eligible options though, and not snack credit eligible locations, but you will find those throughout the parks by looking for the purple and white checkerboard icons beside options designating it as DDP Snack Credit eligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter