Water Parks and shoes...

freya

Mouseketeer
Can you wear water shoes to any of the Disney water parks? I've read on some trip advisor posts that the bottoms of some of the pools are rough on the feet...anyone ever experience this issue?

Yes, you can wear water shoes. I'd say about 50% of people there do. Some of the bottoms of pools are rough, notably the bottom of the wave pool at TL. It's not THAT rough, in my opinion, but considering how powerful the waves are, I'd be happy with a smoother surface. I still have a scar on my knee from 6 weeks ago. But I have never worn water shoes. I don't like them at all, am very happy walking around barefoot. Only issue I've really had with my feet are when the pavement gets really hot. Beyond the wave pool at TL, I've never had issues with rough surfaces on my feet. The rocks at the very beginning of Shark Reef are a bit uncomfortable, but it's only about two steps worth.

The sidewalks and sand get hot too. I always wore water shoes, my husband and sons preferred bare feet.

Yes, you can wear water shoes. I'd say about 50% of people there do. Some of the bottoms of pools are rough, notably the bottom of the wave pool at TL. It's not THAT rough, in my opinion, but considering how powerful the waves are, I'd be happy with a smoother surface. I still have a scar on my knee from 6 weeks ago. But I have never worn water shoes. I don't like them at all, am very happy walking around barefoot. Only issue I've really had with my feet are when the pavement gets really hot. Beyond the wave pool at TL, I've never had issues with rough surfaces on my feet. The rocks at the very beginning of Shark Reef are a bit uncomfortable, but it's only about two steps worth.

Thank you for the info!

If I'm remembering correctly, they make you take them off and hold them before you go down one of the big water slides.

I find it gross to walk around barefoot so I always wear water shoes to the water parks.

You do have to take them off and hold them on a lot of slides.

I too still have a scar and my best friend has a worse one! That wave pool bottom is definitely rough!

I tried going without shoes upon arrival/changing etc. I was crying for my shoes an hour later. Pavement is hot and rough in spots...plus sandy. Some slides, mainly the fast rough ones, will make you take your shoes off. It was a bit difficult for me swimming with them at TL's wave pool, however. I won't go without water shoes ever again. My friend with me (no water shoes) was hurting by the time we left (about 4 hrs later).

I thought the bottoms of the lazy rivers at TL and BB were rough too. But definitely not as rough as the TL wave pool, that was like coarse sandpaper!

So basically you can wear them anywhere except some of the faster slides... Wave pools and lazy river are ok?
And they let you hold them on the slides that you can't?

Off the top of my head, the Storm Slides do not allow water shoes. I just hold them in my hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter