• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water Parks and iPhone

Jillinwonderland

Mouseketeer
Hi there!

I have an iPhone 7 Plus. And I have been looking at the waterproof pouches you can buy on amazon but no idea which is "best". I currently have a Otterbox defender on my phone.

I'd like to get one of the water proof pouches so I can take photos and video while there.

I love any and all slides (we will be at Typhoon Lagoon)

Any help, suggestions, links etc would be great!

Thanks in advance!!

https://www.amazon.com/SEAWAG-Unive...ascsubtag=PpNNg8y9a9-n-ca8ryzztt6--2732747018

I bought a Seawag for my iPhone SE (that I also keep in an otterbox case) for our trip last month. Got the recommendation from a reliable mom friend of mine. However, I was still nervous to actually place it in the water. It gets rave reviews on amazon so it is probably great if you use it correctly. They recommend testing it each time you use it to make sure it's functioning properly.(Placing paper or cloth into it, closing it, submerging, make sure nothing gets wet).

I decided to get a waterproof watch instead as that's the main reason I wanted it.

I have an underwater camera (Olympus Stylus) that I love so I didn't need my iPhone for taking photos. I did try to take photos out of the water with my IPhone inside the pouch, and it was clear...as if the case wasn't there. So if you trust the pouch, I think it would work great for your purposes.

The iPhone 7 is water resistant by design. I would not recommend swimming with it without some type of protection, but it will survive being dropped in the water. I don’t know much about pouches, but life proof makes excellent cases that are waterproof. Although, they are a bit expensive. Not sure if that helps you any...

The iPhone 7 is water resistant by design. I would not recommend swimming with it without some type of protection, but it will survive being dropped in the water. I don’t know much about pouches, but life proof makes excellent cases that are waterproof. Although, they are a bit expensive. Not sure if that helps you any...
Yep, I can atest that I took mine with me on Bluto's Barge ride over at Universal, which gets you as soaked as a dunk in the pool and it was fine. It doesn't remain dunked, but it is equal to being dropped in water without question. Over and over again. No case at all. I only used the above case for the water park where it was in the water while I was floating on the lazy river

Any problem going on the slides wearing something around your neck holding the phone?

Any problem going on the slides wearing something around your neck holding the phone?
I never had a problem with it, but it probably helped that I wore a swim shirt and tucked the phone pouch inside that while on attractions.

Unless you tuck it under a swim shirt, I do not recommend wearing a phone around your neck on Summit Plummet. That would be the only slide that I'd really worry about for that.

I actually do not recommend riding Summit Plummet at all, but that's a whole other issue...8-)

I've given up on LifeProof as their quality is not way it used to be. The last 4 we've purchased have all broken (mute switch and/or lightining port cover).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter