• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water park day??

hollylu1016

What can I say except YOU'RE WELCOME!
Family of 3 with ds6 going 3rd week in October with hopper+ passes for 7 days with 6 theme park days and 1 free day for water parks and or Disney Springs. When in your trip would you plan for the non theme park day??

Touring plans updated crowd predicted levels and now my original plan for a free day is predicting to be lower crowd levels in the parks vs days I already reserved and now I’m debating switching my park passes. Do you feel 2 days into a trip is too soon to take a “break” day?

We get the PH+ option too and enjoy the 'break' the water parks give us. It's also common for us to go to a WP for the day, go back to the resort to shower, have supper and then head to a park or DS in the evening.

Family of 3 with ds6 going 3rd week in October with hopper+ passes for 7 days with 6 theme park days and 1 free day for water parks and or Disney Springs. When in your trip would you plan for the non theme park day??

Touring plans updated crowd predicted levels and now my original plan for a free day is predicting to be lower crowd levels in the parks vs days I already reserved and now I’m debating switching my park passes. Do you feel 2 days into a trip is too soon to take a “break” day?
If you have Park Hopper+ 7-day passes, you're entitled to 7 theme park days and 7 water parks and sports visits. If you're only going to be there 7 days, you may as well make theme park reservations for all 7 days. You can cancel one of them as the date approaches if/when you decide which day you don't want to go to a theme park. I would not place too much faith in what the Touring Plans crowd calendar is saying seven months before arrival. TP is known for changing their crowd calendars several times before they make their final forecast. I'd consider the weather in choosing your water park day(s) and you won't know the weather forecast until the week you go. Building on what scrappingontario suggested, there is nothing wrong with combining multiple water park days with theme park evenings on those days.

Since a lot of people are recommending taking a park break midday, you could grab an hour or two at the water park during that time. Nothing says you have to stay all day. Perhaps a ride along the lazy River or playing in a splash pad. With more area, the waterpark may be less crowded than the hotel pools. And you could actually get a chair.

You also have minigolf.

Seven days at parks is a long time. I would do some shorter days; you can do everything in a week. No need to go kamikaze with a 6 yo (or any age).

As for changing your schedule, if you have MK or EPCOT on a weekend, change that. Otherwise, possibly don’t need to change.

Have a great trip.

If you have Park Hopper+ 7-day passes, you're entitled to 7 theme park days and 7 water parks and sports visits. If you're only going to be there 7 days, you may as well make theme park reservations for all 7 days. You can cancel one of them as the date approaches if/when you decide which day you don't want to go to a theme park. I would not place too much faith in what the Touring Plans crowd calendar is saying seven months before arrival. TP is known for changing their crowd calendars several times before they make their final forecast. I'd consider the weather in choosing your water park day(s) and you won't know the weather forecast until the week you go. Building on what scrappingontario suggested, there is nothing wrong with combining multiple water park days with theme park evenings on those days.

sorry if I wasn’t clear in my original post, we will be there for 7 days but we have tickets for 6 days not all 7 so we plan to just take a break from the parks for 1 day during the week and then utilize that day for water parks or Disney springs. I’m just wondering if anyone else takes their “break” day only 2 days into a week long trip?
We do always take mid day breaks and do swimming at our resort.
And I do understand that crowd calendars can and will change the closer our vacation gets, but with having to make park reservations I’m using whatever info is available. Once we get there I’m anticipating that with anniversary crowds I won’t be able to switch parks day of. I’m struggling internally with the lack of things to plan without fastpass+ and dining options so limited currently (hoping more will be open by the time we leave).

sorry if I wasn’t clear in my original post, we will be there for 7 days but we have tickets for 6 days not all 7 so we plan to just take a break from the parks for 1 day during the week and then utilize that day for water parks or Disney springs. I’m just wondering if anyone else takes their “break” day only 2 days into a week long trip?
We do always take mid day breaks and do swimming at our resort.
And I do understand that crowd calendars can and will change the closer our vacation gets, but with having to make park reservations I’m using whatever info is available. Once we get there I’m anticipating that with anniversary crowds I won’t be able to switch parks day of. I’m struggling internally with the lack of things to plan without fastpass+ and dining options so limited currently (hoping more will be open by the time we leave).
I have a water park day scheduled on the third day of our 8 day trip. First day will have early morning arrival and then Magic Kingdom, second day is Hollywood Studios. Both days will be tiring as travel day always is, and then we plan a full day at HS for GE. We will be worn out, and a day at a water park and early bedtime will be just what we need. So, if your first two days are pretty busy then I think a water park day after that is a great plan. If you mean the second day of your trip, I don't think I'd plan for that if that's your one big break from the parks day, especially based only on a crowd calendar.

Edit: we also have a DS/water park day on the fifth day of our trip, for what it's worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter