Water Mites

Terry B

Earning My Ears
Staying @ POR and was wondering where is the closet or the best place to rent the small water mites boats, also what is the policy of 8 year olds as far as driving the boats or not, finally what is the cost ? Thanks for any help....

You can rent them from about any resort on a lake, CBR, WL, GF, BW and DTD (I believe). They rent for about $20 for half hour or $30 an hour. I think you have to be 12 in order to drive them alone and they have a 300# limit.

We rented the water mouse boats at the Polynesian last year. I think they are also at the Contemporary. I know the weight limit is 300 pounds. I do think though you have to be older than 8 to drive alone, but I could be wrong. :cool:

We rented them at the Grand Floridian and Fort Wilderness. At 8 you cannot drive alone. Just a side note, even tho the weight limit is 300 lbs, the more weight in the boat the slower it goes. So if the combine weith is anything close to 250lb, it's not quite as much fun.

Robin

Originally posted by Balgeman
Just a side note, even tho the weight limit is 300 lbs, the more weight in the boat the slower it goes. So if the combine weith is anything close to 250lb, it's not quite as much fun.

Robin

I guess I better go on a huge diet before July then.:p With DD and myself, we will be right at the 300# mark. But that is fine, I just want to tool around with her anyway and see the lake. I may have to rent one by myself later though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter