Water bill nightmare.

any update on this?
Absolutely nothing. The water company sent someone out and we weren't home. We just found a tag on the meter. No leaks, no hot water tank leaks (it's in the attic) and no new construction. We are paying for water we didn't use and no one is going to do a thing about it, apparently.

do you have any somewhat local news stations w/ a consumer advocate? this is just the kind of thing they love to grab hold of run with (big bad water company vs. innocent consumer). it might be worth looking into (their services are free and they may find out others have had the same issue).

OP apologies if I missed this but you mentioned computer reader, is it a "smart reader"? There have been widespread reports of problems with these. I don't think my link will work but you can see if you Google something like water smart reader ripoff

Absolutely nothing. The water company sent someone out and we weren't home. We just found a tag on the meter. No leaks, no hot water tank leaks (it's in the attic) and no new construction. We are paying for water we didn't use and no one is going to do a thing about it, apparently.
Contact your state’s PUC. No utility wants to have to answer to them but our PUC is known to get utility companies to jump when they investigate a consumer complaint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter