Water at FW

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
How is the taste of the water at the camp sites?

Years ago resort water tasted BAD. We carried in gallons of water. In more recent years they are filtering resort water and it is fine to my taste. We have that standard blue filter on our system. Do we need to bring/buy drinking water?

We bring bottled water not for us but for our dogs. Both Lucille and I grew up with Fluoride and Chlorine added to our water supply so taste for us is not too bad. The girls however do not react well and if they get into DISNEY water too much they need Imodium.

We drink the campground water and it tastes fine, no sulfur.
Over the years I've found that it really depends upon where you are on property. The Magic Kingdom has always had the sulfur taste and still does. The rest of the areas not as much. We bought the Brita filter water bottles to take with us and they even kill off the sulfur at the MK fountains. I think we paid like $9 at WallyWorld and they've lasted for years just replacing the filters.

How is the taste of the water at the camp sites?

Years ago resort water tasted BAD. We carried in gallons of water. In more recent years they are filtering resort water and it is fine to my taste. We have that standard blue filter on our system. Do we need to bring/buy drinking water?

Using filters in our motorhome, we don't have an issue with the water for showers, etc. but we always travel with our own water for drinking, coffee - have very good well water at home and carry our supply everywhere we go.
Have no issues at any of the parks though for drinking from filtered QS places - never use/need purchased bottle water.

We have stayed on property a lot over the past 25 years. (10 different resorts) Back in the day the water tasted bad but has since improved. We have never camped at FW. I figured the water source at the camp sites isn’t filtered. Not sure if our inline filter will make the water drinkable. Yes. Water in the parks tastes fine at most sources.

We use a Wally filter on the outside and usually for drinking and coffee, we have a brita pitcher with filter cartridge in the camper. Seems to work well, didn't notice the taste the last trips down. Like North of Mouse, we have good well water where we live, we will also usually put around 15-20 gals of fresh water in before we leave home just in case. I know it adds a little extra weight but it may be worth it sometime.

We always bring our own water in jugs to use for coffee and the dogs water. Our animals never drink the water wherever we go (a bit spoiled ya think?).

We always bring our own water in jugs to use for coffee and the dogs water. Our animals never drink the water wherever we go (a bit spoiled ya think?).
Lol , funny. I remember my grandmother buying and cooking shrimp for her cat, meantime she was eating a bolonga sandwich. So, your ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter