Watch Your Step

morrik5

DIS Veteran
This 62 year old body can't handle face plants anymore. I tripped over a little lip at the end of the neighbour's driveway and battered my nose, chin, big toes, baby finger and both palms. Luckily not a park day today but I'm gonna be sore for AK tomorrow.

I always have trouble with the "step/lip" where the concrete meets the shell/sand areas of the sites. I now take yellow tape and mark across that area. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I always have trouble with the "step/lip" where the concrete meets the shell/sand areas of the sites. I now take yellow tape and mark across that area. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I hear ya on that! I have tripped and nearly fallen more times than I can count. Now I put "stuff" there to block it. Anything we have sitting around gets lined up on the edge of the concrete to physically block the area. If I fall, it's likely that I'm not getting back up. :oops:

Cancelled Flight of Passafe FP for tomorrow, wrist is probably sprained

I didn't find it that strenuous of a ride, I know my daughters were "flying" with arms raised most the time, hope you heal soon, no fun falling on vacation

On my last trip to the Fort I stepped the wrong way on that "lip" between the concrete and sand/shell area. We had a pretty large drop. I ended up breaking my foot. Luckily it happened at the end of the vacation! Hope you are feeling better!

This thread is making me feel better. I thought I was the only klutz out there that couldn't handle the drop being there.

When I chipped fractured my ankle (pulled the tendon right off the bone) last March, it was stepping off the popup. The kids thought it was hilarious.

Well it's official, I suffered 2 cracked ribs. Another reason I wouldn't ever do a Disney marathon - no co-ordination :)

Well it's official, I suffered 2 cracked ribs. Another reason I wouldn't ever do a Disney marathon - no co-ordination :)

I'm sorry to hear that. I know you must be in a lot of pain. I have fractured 1 and 3 in two separate incidents and the pain was really bad and seemed to last forever. First time I was bending over a crib rail to pick up my grandson, second time I was bending over a freezer case to get a ham that I wanted from the back! There is nothing I want that bad from the back of the case, now. :oops:

:flower3: Wishing you a speedy and low pain recovery. I would say painless, but I know that's not going to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter