• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Was anyone in the parks today? How was it?

Typically the AM is fine; but as the afternoon builds, the lines start to blossom and really get insane after dinner. Less problematic than years past with reservations in place. Should be as same as last year. Busy :)

Seems pretty slow based on wait times in the app. There were still reservations available for today this morning.

Data points:
  • 70+ minute wait for Small World. (It was the only ride on my "must do" list and we failed to get it done.)
  • 30 minute wait for a Turkey Leg ... after hitting "I'm here" through Mobile Ordering
  • A plate of Galactic Grill fries flying off the table in a strong gust of wind. (So much wind!!)
  • No lines at the Festival booths at DCA?
  • Boudin's bread, both the specialty Christmas Tree and the long loaf, both still available in mid-afternoon. YES! SCORE!
  • 4 hour "earliest available" mobile order for Jolly Holiday (late morning, anticipating lunch)
Crazy! (But we enjoyed our day. We entirely enjoyed our day.)

Does Boudin sell their turkey-shaped bread at DCA before Thanksgiving? They're so cute! I take one to a friend's Thanksgiving dinner every year.
How ADORABLE! I have not seen Boudin's turkey before ...

Data points:
  • 70+ minute wait for Small World. (It was the only ride on my "must do" list and we failed to get it done.)
  • 30 minute wait for a Turkey Leg ... after hitting "I'm here" through Mobile Ordering
  • A plate of Galactic Grill fries flying off the table in a strong gust of wind. (So much wind!!)
  • No lines at the Festival booths at DCA?
  • Boudin's bread, both the specialty Christmas Tree and the long loaf, both still available in mid-afternoon. YES! SCORE!
  • 4 hour "earliest available" mobile order for Jolly Holiday (late morning, anticipating lunch)
Crazy! (But we enjoyed our day. We entirely enjoyed our day.)
I did Small World on my trip last week (first trip to DL since 2016), and halfway through was reminded of how annoying I find it - then I was stuck on that thing for what seems like forever. My goodness, I can't imagine waiting for any length of time to endure that thing. I appreciate the costuming of the dolls, etc, but that tune just grates on every single nerve and it goes on FOREVER lol. My kid refuses to ride it (I used to force them to do it once on every trip as kind of a joke - but I can't do that with someone who is turning 30 now).

I did Small World on my trip last week (first trip to DL since 2016), and halfway through was reminded of how annoying I find it - then I was stuck on that thing for what seems like forever. My goodness, I can't imagine waiting for any length of time to endure that thing. I appreciate the costuming of the dolls, etc, but that tune just grates on every single nerve and it goes on FOREVER lol. My kid refuses to ride it (I used to force them to do it once on every trip as kind of a joke - but I can't do that with someone who is turning 30 now).
I remember once seeing a Disneyland guide that had rides rated by age group. The chart for IASW was hilarious: hugely popular with little kids, absolutely hated by older kids and young adults, but then at some age people start mellowing on it. Maybe they rediscover it through taking their own children on the ride, or maybe they start appreciating all the work that went into it and its charming message, despite the earworm issue. :-) So I'd lay a small bet that your kid will change their mind at some point and want to relive the nostalgia of doing the ride with you when they were little.

I remember once seeing a Disneyland guide that had rides rated by age group. The chart for IASW was hilarious: hugely popular with little kids, absolutely hated by older kids and young adults, but then at some age people start mellowing on it. Maybe they rediscover it through taking their own children on the ride, or maybe they start appreciating all the work that went into it and its charming message, despite the earworm issue. :-) So I'd lay a small bet that your kid will change their mind at some point and want to relive the nostalgia of doing the ride with you when they were little.
Interesting. Sure, I'd put myself into the group that hated it as a teen and young adult ... but now ride it for nostalgia. We don't ride it often (maybe twice/year) ... but have come to better appreciate the artwork of Mary Blair, the costuming of Alice Davis, the simplicity of some of the gags (such as the plywood cut-outs for the western US sections), the cameo appearances of Disney IP, etc. Sometimes I ride to get ideas for how to "create a scene/set" for Vacation Bible School.

All that said, I really do want to experience the current Holiday overlay!! 🎄🎎🥁🎶
For now, I must settle for my phone's recording of ride-through from last year ... glad I have that!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter