Warning: Out-of-state parking placards at DLR

I have used my Canadian provincial disability placard at DL and DW. Ive never had a problem.
Should I make sure I have something else with me?

Reread the article. They ticketed people who were misusing them. "DMV Commander Randy Vera said that it’s not uncommon for people who are caught to say that the disabled placard belongs to a spouse. But the person to whom the placard has been issued must be in the car when it’s parked in one of these spots". In all states if the person that the tag is issued to is not in the car you are in violation. The article goes on to say that is what they are enforcing is the illegal use of them. So as long as the person it is issued to .regardless of state, is in the car you should be safe.

Reread the article. They ticketed people who were misusing them. "DMV Commander Randy Vera said that it’s not uncommon for people who are caught to say that the disabled placard belongs to a spouse. But the person to whom the placard has been issued must be in the car when it’s parked in one of these spots". In all states if the person that the tag is issued to is not in the car you are in violation. The article goes on to say that is what they are enforcing is the illegal use of them. So as long as the person it is issued to .regardless of state, is in the car you should be safe.
But The captio in one of the pictures shows a clearly disabled person getting a ticket because they were out ofstate

But The captio in one of the pictures shows a clearly disabled person getting a ticket because they were out ofstate
There is an unclear area - one of the comments to the article said the people in the picture were California residents who had an out of state handicapped parking permit.
After moving to a new state, you can't just continue to use your license, license plate and/or handicapped parking permit from the old state. Even if not expired, there is a limited period of time that you can use your 'old' license and permit before being required to change to the new state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter