Warning about Bank One Disney Visa

Well the phone didn't get me anywhere. However, I wasn't about to let 86 disney rewards just disappear so I went to the bank one web site and told my story. They took a bit of time, but finally someone got back to me and informed me that my rewards would be credited back to my card and would appear on the next statement. I haven't seen it yet, but I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING THAT STATEMENT!!
Thanks to all of you for listening and keep LOVING Disney!!~
A HAPPY DISNEY MOM

PS So if the phone doesn't get you anywhere try the INTERNET!!~ ::MickeyMo

I would also go to www.planetfeedback.com and compose a letter to the President of Bank One and Disney. Everyone I know who has ever sent a letter through planetfeedback has always had results fairly quickly and usually to their satisfaction....

Just a thought!

Good Luck

Brando

I just noticed on my new statement that it doesn't say when my reward dollars expire. It says that 2 dollars expire in 2008 but nothing about the rest. :confused3

I have 9 reward dollars that expire in 2009. I think it is safe to assume that the rest don't expire until later than that. It still says 60 months in the rewards information.

We lost $180 disney reward dollars because of misrepresentation. They tell you one thing and do something else. Our original sign up sheet do get disney dollars was to load the points on your rewards card from your disney visa. We did. It says DO NOT THROW AWAY keep reloading points which we did. IN very tiny tiny print in your credit information, it says if you have a card with an expiration date you lose your points. We did. And guess what. Disney doesn't care. They said read the small print in the disclosure statement. We put our points on our rewards card in Oct. 2004, to then renew our annual passes. Guess what. You cannot renew your passes until they are 30 days from expiration. Then you wait to do that and lose $180 of points. My grandkids would have loved to go shopping with the $180 if I knew they were going to expire. I have had the rewards card since they first brought it out. Kept reloading and then when you get a big balance, WHAM they throw them away. They said someone else just lost $341 so don't feel so bad. Wow how comforting. This used to be happygrandma and now we're grumygrandma. Don't let them do this to you. Tell your friends to watch out.
Debbie

I lost $180 disney dollars and they don't give a hoot. They said someone else just lost $341 so don't feel so bad. I was mislead like you were. Let me know if you get anywhere. I am reporting to the newspaper and news. I think a lot of us lost our points at the end of the year. Let me know what you are doing about it. Thanks, Debbie Grandma of 5.

Did you ever get satisfaction from anyone? I lost $180 and am as angry as you and then some. You're right. You shouldn't have to go looking for an expiration date in small print. I was told by an operator that they keep adding to the card do not throw it away just like you. Email me at gramaloves5@wmconnect.com if you have any more information that can help and vice versa. I am going to be taking this as far as I have to for the satisfaction of getting my points back. This is a very bad thing Disney has created and I cannot believe it is effecting so many people . Hope everything turns out okay for you and your kids. Keep me posted. Debbie

grumpygrandma
Sorry to hear about your loss, but I firmly believe they have stated clearly that points placed on a card EXPIRE the end of the year that you place them on a card rather than leave in your account. So, if you place points on a card in January or wait until December, it's going to expire on December 31, same year. Although it doesn't seem fair (or make sense), it's the way they stated from the beginning.

Doesn't anybody read the terms? And don't you all know that the small print is there to protect the company, not the you the consumer. You didn't read the rules, you lost your rewards, oh well. They didn't do this to you guys, you all did it to yourselves. Too bad so sad. :wave2:

I lost $180 in rewards. I probably spoke with the same person you did. They were not monitoriing their customer service reps when they first started the program or this would have not happened. Keep me informed on what's happening. I went to planetfeedback to the CEO of Bank One. Still waiting for his response. They lack of concern about this matter has me bothered that Disney just doesn't seem to care. We shouldn't have to spend this much time getting our dollars back, but whatever it takes. I have my 5 grandkids that I like to take to Disney and I am as angry as you. Good luck. Grumpygrandma

The same thing happened to us. We lost $83 in point dollars. However, we called in December to verify how the card was supposed to work. We were aware that the REWARDS CARD expired on 12/31/04, but we were not aware that the points on the card went with it. We were told that the points would not expire. We even asked about how to get our 2005 REWARDS CARD in time so we could use our points in January. So, although we were in WDW and could have used every cent we did not. We were told we didn't have to. My husband called and they deducted the $84 point dollars from the defunct 2004 REWARDS CARD and added it to our balance. However, it is a "stealth balance" and doesn't show on the website, but only on customer service's computers. I'm going to have my DH transfer all our point dollars this week and I'm buying Disney Dollars so I won't have to worry about losing point dollars again.

BTW, the people at BankOne were very nice about transferring the point dollars back, but they were quite clear that they will not do it for us again.

I am sorry that people have lost rewards on their Disney Visa...that is a shame!!

dtuleya said:
I hope that we can all remember that this is a forum to help each other out with ways to save through reward programs. I always try to remember that old saying, "If you can't say something nice..."

::yes::

LoveToDisney said:
grumpygrandma
Sorry to hear about your loss, but I firmly believe they have stated clearly that points placed on a card EXPIRE the end of the year that you place them on a card rather than leave in your account. So, if you place points on a card in January or wait until December, it's going to expire on December 31, same year. Although it doesn't seem fair (or make sense), it's the way they stated from the beginning.

I just wanted to clarify this. The card and all the rewards dollars on it expire on December 31st of the year following the year that it was issued. If you order the card today, it will arrive with a December 2006 expiration date. If you ordered your card in December 2004, the expiration date will be Dec, 2005.

My advise to anyone who already has a card that is expiring Dec. 2005 would be to order a new card rather than add points to the card which expires so soon. You only need $10 in rewards dollars to order your next card. You will buy yourself a little extra time for those points.

You will buy yourself a little extra time for those points.

I don't understand why anyone would put their points on a card if they aren't ready to spend them. If you all want extra time on your points, leave them in your account, they are good for 5 YEARS from when you earned them. As soon as you put them on a card you instantly knock a few years off their life. Watch your billing statement, it tells you when and how much of your points will expire. This is not a difficult concept. :crazy:

Some people may not spend all the rewards dollars on their card during a trip, for whatever reason. On my last trip, I came home with $16+ on the card, which expires Dec, 2005. Rather than add more points to that card for my next trip (April 2005), I'll just order a new one, which will expire Dec. 2006. I'll use up the $16+ remaining on the other card first.

JIMINOCCHIO said:
I don't understand why anyone would put their points on a card if they aren't ready to spend them. If you all want extra time on your points, leave them in your account, they are good for 5 YEARS from when you earned them. As soon as you put them on a card you instantly knock a few years off their life. Watch your billing statement, it tells you when and how much of your points will expire. This is not a difficult concept. :crazy:
No, but if you're at the Disney Store and want to use your points you can't. If you want to buy something online. You can't. You can't just use the points unless they are on the card. It's easier to have the point dollars available when you need them and not have to wait until they are transferred.

The points transfer instantly, what is there to wait for? Just make the call before going to Disney Store or before going online to shop. The extra points after a vacation I can see. Personally though, I would have made sure it was all spent before I left. :tongue:

aka-mad4themouse said:
I just wanted to clarify this. The card and all the rewards dollars on it expire on December 31st of the year following the year that it was issued. If you order the card today, it will arrive with a December 2006 expiration date. If you ordered your card in December 2004, the expiration date will be Dec, 2005.

My advise to anyone who already has a card that is expiring Dec. 2005 would be to order a new card rather than add points to the card which expires so soon. You only need $10 in rewards dollars to order your next card. You will buy yourself a little extra time for those points.
Thanks aka-mad4themouse. I hope that's the way it works because that makes more sense.

How long does it take for the points to be added to your balance? I received my card in Sept/Oct - 25 points for joining - received 49 points on Nov statement/ 43 points on Dec statement and 46 points on Jan statement - my blling cycle was until 2/6/05 - when should I see my next points - also we are going April 14th - when should I order my card and what about points I might get between the time I order my card and when I go -- sorry for so many questions....thanks for your help....

MAGGIED said:
How long does it take for the points to be added to your balance? I received my card in Sept/Oct - 25 points for joining - received 49 points on Nov statement/ 43 points on Dec statement and 46 points on Jan statement - my blling cycle was until 2/6/05 - when should I see my next points - also we are going April 14th - when should I order my card and what about points I might get between the time I order my card and when I go -- sorry for so many questions....thanks for your help....

I would go ahead and order the card. Regular (non-bonus) points will show up the day your statement is issued, so you should have your Feb points already available. As for any points earned between now and your trip, you can just call to have them added to your card or transfer them yourself online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter