WARNING - ABD photo frame not as advertised!

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
I'm reposting this from the Outlet sale thread so people will see it BEFORE ordering from the Disney Store.

Just thought I'd post a WARNING to anyone thinking of ordering the Adventures by Disney leather photo frame. Whereas the frame on the Disney Store website has "Adventures by Disney" engraved into the leather on the front of the frame, the one I actually received has the engraving ON THE PART OF THE FRAME BEHIND THE GLASS! ie, the part that will be COVERED BY THE PHOTO! So all you end up with is an ordinary photo frame that has "Adventures by Disney" hidden where no-one will ever see it. It's a nice enough photo frame, but I will be returning this puppy just on the principle of the thing.

on the website:

AdventuresbyDisneyphotoframe.jpg

what I received:

P1010341.jpg

WHY would you do that? :confused3 I'm very, very disappointed!

Sayhello

I'm reposting this from the Outlet sale thread so people will see it BEFORE ordering from the Disney Store.

Just thought I'd post a WARNING to anyone thinking of ordering the Adventures by Disney leather photo frame. Whereas the frame on the Disney Store website has "Adventures by Disney" engraved into the leather on the front of the frame, the one I actually received has the engraving ON THE PART OF THE FRAME BEHIND THE GLASS! ie, the part that will be COVERED BY THE PHOTO! So all you end up with is an ordinary photo frame that has "Adventures by Disney" hidden where no-one will ever see it. It's a nice enough photo frame, but I will be returning this puppy just on the principle of the thing.

on the website:

AdventuresbyDisneyphotoframe.jpg

what I received:

P1010341.jpg

WHY would you do that? :confused3 I'm very, very disappointed!

Sayhello

thats clearly a mistake by the embosser, did you contact someone about it, because yeah thats just dumb! good luck, keep us informed, and don't settle for that !

That has got to be a mistake! I can't see them intentionally selling them that way. I bet yours got misaligned and it wasn't noticed. Definitely return it, but hopefully they can send you one that is correct! And I hope they compensate you in some way also.

Well, I am very impressed! I already heard back from the Disney Store (!) and apparently my frame *was* some sort of a processing error, and they are sending me a replacement frame at no charge! And they also asked me to donate the logo-less frame locally, which I will also do.

Assuming it arrives OK, I'd say this is a totally satisfactory resolution!

Not too shabby!

Sayhello

I don't believe it! The replacement picture frame the Disney Store sent me? Had the *SAME* problem! No "Adventures by Disney" embossed on the front! Geez! Whatever happened to quality control????

*off to email the Disney Store again...*

Sayhello

What a bummer. Maybe that's why they are on clearance?:confused3. If those are the frames that they are selling, then those are the frames that they should be advertising. Hopefully, the third one is correct.

I saw that there was a sale (and sale is my middle name) so I ordered. I have to say that if I had seen the quality of the shirts in the store, I would have walked right by. What a disappointment, no wonder they were on sale. In fact, I ordered the T shirt with the ABD logo on the front and you can't even see it. Wish I had not had my name on it--it would have gone back.:eek:

Did get the Viva Italy shirt, which was nice. We went on this trip in August.

Same thing happened to me! I ordered the frame and it was just a black frame with no writing. It looked like something I could have picked up at Target! We went to the Mid Atlantic trip with my parents, and I wanted to give them a framed picture to remember our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter