• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wanting to rent a Vacation Home ... Recommendations??

MonickaB

Annual Visitor
Hi there. We just came back from our annual trip to Disney World and are now wanting to do Disneyland in 2015. In Florida, we usually rent a home for the week for about $700-$800. We are wanting to do the same in Cali.

Just wondering if there are any recommendations out there, something closer to the park would be nice in that price range. Thank is advance.:yay:

You're not going to find Florida prices in Southern California. If you recalibrate your expectations to something more like $250/night, you'll probably find what you're looking for. Try the usual suspects: VRBO, AirBnB, etc.

-Bob

I know a friend of mine used VBRO to find homes near Disneyland twice. Both times we stayed on the west side of Disneyland, but I don't know the prices. One was up by the parking garage and the other was south of Katella; both were within walking distance to Disneyland.

I was going to suggest the Disney house, especially if you have kids, but their nightly rate is at least $300, if not more. I agree with the previous poster, you'll definitely need to up your price... perhaps not to $250 a night, but more than $100. Good luck!

I know you said house... there are a ton of condos close by. I did a quick search on VRBO and saw quite a few that were listed at $700-800/week. I didn't look at them though, so they may be condos as well. That would be where I would search though! I do agree that average is closer to $250/night or so.

I was going to suggest the Disney house, especially if you have kids, but their nightly rate is at least $300, if not more. I agree with the previous poster, you'll definitely need to up your price... perhaps not to $250 a night, but more than $100. Good luck!

What is the Disney house?

I did some searching on TripAdvisor and founds some with nice reviews. Try there.

Don't rent any place in Anaheim unless you know its in a safe area. Stay as close to DLR as possible. Anaheim is not all bad but it has a gang problem.

Don't rent any place in Anaheim unless you know its in a safe area. Stay as close to DLR as possible. Anaheim is not all bad but it has a gang problem.

Yes and no. I hear this all the time and it is totally inaccurate. Crime rates in Anaheim are below the national average. While APD keep the resort area worthy of Disneyland and some areas are better than others, you will not find Anaheim to be some kind of warzone.

Echoing the price discussion- you budget might be low. There are houses in that price range but at the cost of distance and condition. Also, Anaheim is now licensing short term rentals. This may of may not be of concern to you, but licensed rentals must comply with some basic things that are designed to minimize impact on neighbors. From my standpoint, nice neighbors enhance the "home" feel of a vacation rental so you might be taking some risks with an unlicensed rental might.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/california/orange-county/anaheim-area/anaheim

Let me also point out that this is what you get when you venture away from the resort area.
9zM6Q1c.jpg

Yes and no. I hear this all the time and it is totally inaccurate. Crime rates in Anaheim are below the national average. While APD keep the resort area worthy of Disneyland and some areas are better than others, you will not find Anaheim to be some kind of warzone.

I said it has a gang problem which it clearly has had for years. You called it a "warzone". And the bullets those bangers shoot have no names on them. Just ask the family of the 9 year girl in Anaheim that was killed by gang cross fire a few months ago playing in her front yard. Her house was 4.6 miles from Disneyland. I'm sure that little girl's family would disagree with your assessment. And I know for a fact if you asked a member of the APD, in private, they would tell you Anaheim has a gang problem.

But don't take my word for it. All one has to do is google "Anaheim Gangs" or even better, go to www.youtube.com and do a search for "Anaheim Gangs". These stupid gang banging punks advertise their criminality.

I'm not posting information to scare people. If you stay very close to DL you will likely be fine. The APD does a very good job of keeping the gangsters away from the tourist. The city of Anaheim knows who lays the golden egg and they don't want anything messing with that. I posted this information to help someone who will probably be coming to California from a long ways away and may not have the benefit of checking out an area prior to getting here. I know I would want to know if the area my family is going to be staying is safe and I suspect others feel the same way.

I live in the Chicago suburbs and if you ask any police officer (or public official) in any nice town or city, they will agree there is a gang problem.No matter where you go around big cities, you need to be aware of crime.

What about something like a Residence Inn? There's a new one going up just a couple blocks from the parks on Harbor--walking distance! There's also a current one on Clementine (you COULD walk, but it's a hike) and another one on Harbor and Chapman (you'd probably want to drive or take the ART bus from there).

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/california/orange-county/anaheim-area/anaheim

That is somewhat disingenuous. The overall crime rate in Anaheim is irrelevant because you don't rent a villa/condo in overall Anaheim, you rent in a specific neighborhood. We are only two years removed from the riots in Anaheim over the police shootings.

That doesn't mean people should be overly concerned, but it doesn't mean they should be unconcerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter