Wanted - Disney friends

Nicole1991

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I am new to Dis Board and have joined with the aim of finding like minded people around our age (30ish) to share mine and my partners love of Disney. We are DVC members and have been for 3 years and unfortunately none of our friends share this interest and it would be great to have that :)

Hoping to start conversations and build a friendship as sad as that sounds ha

Hello all. I am new to Dis Board and have joined with the aim of finding like minded people around our age (30ish) to share mine and my partners love of Disney. We are DVC members and have been for 3 years and unfortunately none of our friends share this interest and it would be great to have that :)

I'm from Wales, UK and I love the DISboard and I love the DIS articles as it gives official Disney news. I love watching the DIS Unplugged podcast shows.
I love Disney cruise line, Walt Disney World and for a non Disney park day I like Crayola Experience fun factory and I like watching launches at Kennedy space center.

Last edited:
Heh there, we are DVC members and been travelling to DLP and WDW for 15 years. A bit older than you though!

What are you favourite travel plans?
So far we have stayed at
AKV
OKW
BCV
BWV
PVB
VGF

I don't think that's sad at all! Unfortunately I'm in the U.S. but my wife and I are a part of a local group of Disney fans and we're easily old enough to be the parents or maybe even the grandparents of everyone else in the group. But guess what? It doesn't matter, when you all have a deep common interest in something. Totally understand seeking friendships with people your own age, but please keep an open mind.:earsboy:

Heh there, we are DVC members and been travelling to DLP and WDW for 15 years. A bit older than you though!

What are you favourite travel plans?
So far we have stayed at
AKV
OKW
BCV
BWV
PVB
VGF
we tend to stay at Pop but this December have a split stay with fort wilderness and wilderness lodge!
when is your next trip? Any recommendations or must do's?

The carriage ride is fairly pleasant at Fort Wilderness although prefer the one at Port Orleans.
Wilderness Lodge will look amazing at Christmas time and take a seat by the many fireplaces.
I’ve never stayed there but been to Geyser Point for their famous Bison Burger.
Have a look in the Boulder Ridge DVC building for some Walt Disney memorabilia and maybe take a tour of the DVC cabins if you have a spare 30 mins.
Restaurants at FW and WL just been refurbed so can’t give much advice on some of them, if you like to research then I’m sure there are lots of vlogger videos to see.

The carriage ride is fairly pleasant at Fort Wilderness although prefer the one at Port Orleans.
Wilderness Lodge will look amazing at Christmas time and take a seat by the many fireplaces.
I’ve never stayed there but been to Geyser Point for their famous Bison Burger.
Have a look in the Boulder Ridge DVC building for some Walt Disney memorabilia and maybe take a tour of the DVC cabins if you have a spare 30 mins.
Restaurants at FW and WL just been refurbed so can’t give much advice on some of them, if you like to research then I’m sure there are lots of vlogger videos to see.
thank you, just meant in wdw in general, always interesting to see what I might be overlooking that people love..

and no chance im doing a dvc tour, they'd have my money in a heartbeat!

Ok, fair enough, great deal open to new buyers that ends today but yeah enough about that lol

We have been quite a few times so we really just try and take it easy now and fit in time to relax, swim and eat at as many restaurants as possible. We’ve managed to do Jiko, Topolinos, Narccoossees, Cítricos, Flying Fish, Be our Guest, Yachtsman of the old signature restaurant list.
I also enjoyed Shiki Sai that just opened!
When you first get there jet lag means up early so we just rope drop first few days and then slow down after that.
We’ve started doing split stays as well as it seems like more than one holiday. Not sure if that is good idea on cash bookings though as you might lose some of your dining offers?
Really really enjoyed the Poly, second favourite now behind AK Lodge.

Best tips, not sure about how good this but did Flight of Passage at 5mins before closing and it was less than 10 mins wait.
Also, go to MK when party on the evening it is usually mega quiet, we did that 2 weeks ago and lots of walk ons.

Our favourite park is Epcot though and phew can’t wait to go next year with the construction finished.
Best tip for Guardians is not to wait for 7am and then refresh virtual q, just constantly refresh 10 seconds before and you’ll hit 7am on the dot and get early boarding pass

There’s a million things going around my Disney brain, 😂 I can talk forever about anything WDW related but I think I’ll stop there for now, what’s your favourite parks, attractions secret tips?

the poly is my dream! I have the hawaiian/tiki shirts ready for when I can afford it haha!

We do have WL booked hoping for EEH but with the parties it looks like that won't be happening which is frustrating especially as we targeted MK due to our young daughter.

Don't worry I could talk about it all day too, my house is full of disney and nobody I know really appreciates it, though my best friends did just come back and seem to have been bitten by the bug!!

Favourite park is Tokyo disneysea but at WDW I'm an AK man. even though I'm not too fussed on the 'blue sky' ideas for there. I still feel epcot needs some more work though, lots of dead space there, not what it was in the 90s.

In our 16 day trip we didn’t feel the need to use EEH once, got everything done without it.
We also stayed at BWV so that was an easy walk back from 2 parks.
Going to Oga’s after park closing is interesting with all the Jedis and lightsabers out!

We love AK too, just wish they would get on with adding something to Dinoland. If it is Indiana Jones and Encanto not sure how that fits with save the Earth message of AK, then again Kali River is deforesting I suppose.

In our 16 day trip we didn’t feel the need to use EEH once, got everything done without it.
We also stayed at BWV so that was an easy walk back from 2 parks.
Going to Oga’s after park closing is interesting with all the Jedis and lightsabers out!

We love AK too, just wish they would get on with adding something to Dinoland. If it is Indiana Jones and Encanto not sure how that fits with save the Earth message of AK, then again Kali River is deforesting I suppose.
ah we're only there 10 nights and most night in MK are used for MVMCP

For me I think they need to move Nemo from Epcot, build a massive Aquarium over on Dinoland, add Crush's coaster from DLP and then you have a big Nemo/Seas land which fits better and then you have that whole corner of epcot to fit stuff in.

I'd even go as far as renaming The Land to something else, moving that movie to AK and then you have those 3 pavillions they can throw as much IP and figment in as they'd like

Sorry Non The DIS or Dreams Unlimited related screenshot hope this is allowed please delete if not allowed

I found on Mickey From The UK page that Universal is looking to buy a land in UK.

Screenshot_20231219_220343_com.facebook.katana.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter