• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Want to Decorate a Rose Parade Float

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
I wanted to share the information for volunteering to decorate a Rose Parade Float. I was a volunteer last year and made such great memories. It was hard work but was so rewarding once I turned on the Rose Parade and saw all of the work that I had done. I volunteered on the 30th of December, so I was able to place a lot of the flowers on the float.

Dear Volunteer,

Thank you for your interest in being part of our float decoration team for the 2006 Tournament of Roses Parade "IT'S MAGICAL".

Below is our volunteer schedule for this year, giving you the dates and times we will be working on dry materials and floral application. You may volunteer on any or all of the dates listed, however, we do ask that you plan on working at least a four hour time period. We have 2 locations in Pasadena where we decorate the floats.

ROSE PALACE
835 S. Raymond
Pasadena, CA 91105

ROSEMONT PAVILION
700 Seco Street
Pasadena, CA 91103

These schedules apply to both locations: Rose Palace and Rosemont Pavilion.

DRY DECORATION
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Dates:

Saturday Dec 3, 2005
Saturday Dec 10, 2005
Saturday Dec 17, 2005
*Monday Dec 26, 2005

*Shift 1: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
*Shift 2: 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

FLORAL DECORATION

Lunch breaks: daily from 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Dinner breaks: daily from 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.

December 27, Tuesday Shift 1: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Shift 2: 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
December 28, Wednesday Shift 1: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
December 29, Thursday Shift 1: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
December 30, Friday Shift 1: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

All volunteers must be at least 13 years old to participate in decoration.
All decorating opportunities are on a first come, first served basis

If you in the area and are looking for something fun and unusual to do, I highly encourage you to sign up.

Phoenix Decorating Co.
835 S. Raymond Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91105
Telephone: 626-793-3174
Fax: 626-793-7187
Email: floats@phoenixdecoratingco.com

Thanks for the info! We are looking for new experiences and this might be something we can do. My DS won't quite be 13 yet. How strict are they on the age?
:earsgirl:

I went by myself last year so I am not sure how strict they are on the age requirements. Best thing to do is send an email and ask.

There is still time to sign up. There is nothing like watching the Rose Parade on TV and seeing the work that you have done.

Since I'll be home this Christmas, this sounds like something fun I'd like to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter