Walt's office removed from One Man's Dream

micdisney

Earning My Ears
The desk, chair, and cabinets were shipped to California to become part of the Walt Disney Family Museum. Disney has not made announcements about closing One Man's Dream but the location of it seems to be where Toy Story Land is going. Do you think it's time for this attraction to close it's doors or remain open? For me One Man's Dream is a must do and Hollywood Studios and I love walking through seeing everything. I would be sad to see it go. What are your thoughts?

I believe that it needs to be somewhere in Disney World, he is after all where all of this amazing stuff started. It makes me sad to think that I won't get to go through there again. I was hoping they would leave it at least until my September trip.

I believe that the attraction will close during the construction period. I hope that it reopens at some point, either in DHS or another park.

If they do move it to another park where would you say it would fit in? I think the Magic Kingdom would be a great place for it

I think it should be in epcot. The original florida project wasn't a theme park but "epcot" and a giant community to live work and play. Seems fitting the tribute to disney in florida be in the closest thing they built that fits the original florida dream.

Last edited:

I think it should be in epcot. The original florida project wasn't a theme park but "epcot" and a giant community to live work and play. Seems fitting the tribute to disney in florida but in the closest thing they built that fits the original florida dream.
Great point. Walt didn't want another Disneyland but he wanted this community of tomorrow which he named EPCOT. I totally agree with you.

It could be closing permanently as part of the expansion or they could be replacing the props with newer ones. I would also prefer the exhibit at Epcot. From a parks perspective the only Florida park he really had any vision of was Epcot and even that ended up being a far different park then he imagined.

I think having the exhibit in Innoventions would be my first choice. I would hope they get Innoventions back to what it was, a showcase of current and coming technology. Walt either invented, altered the use of, or popularized a lot of new technology so I think it would fit right in.

I feel like it was only a matter of time before "One Man's Dream" was closed to make room for new construction.

I do feel that they should have a "museum" of sorts somewhere on-site to display relics from, if anything, Walt Disney World's prior attractions that have closed their doors (and concept art from attractions that never made it past the planning stage), if not from Disney (the company) overall.

I think the old Odyssey building at Epcot would be a perfect spot for it, or hell, the old Wonders of Life Pavilion. Lots of unused space over at Epcot.

I think it should be in epcot. The original florida project wasn't a theme park but "epcot" and a giant community to live work and play. Seems fitting the tribute to disney in florida be in the closest thing they built that fits the original florida dream.
A great idea. It could also showcase some of what the Florida project was all about with archival clips, interviews with imagineers, and then open to the 'blue sky preview celler' where they showcase all the new things coming.

Put it in one of the innoventions buildings.

When did they remove them? I was there 3 weeks ago an we saw them...or at least we thought we did!

It certainly seems like it belongs somewhere at Disney World.
It really belongs in the Disney Family Museum in San Fransico. And that's where the office items are going as will other materials that were on loan from the museum.

The attraction was created for the 100 Years of Magic celebration in 2001 and was intended to be temporary and has been "temporary" for almost 14 years. The Disney Family was quite generous in loaning the material for 14 years. Now it's going back to be among the much larger number of artifacts at the museum. And IMO that's where Walt's artifacts should be and it is a suiting memorial.

The desk, chair, and cabinets were shipped to California to become part of the Walt Disney Family Museum. Disney has not made announcements about closing One Man's Dream but the location of it seems to be where Toy Story Land is going. Do you think it's time for this attraction to close it's doors or remain open? For me One Man's Dream is a must do and Hollywood Studios and I love walking through seeing everything. I would be sad to see it go. What are your thoughts?
The location is likely to be part of the new Star Wars Launch Bay preview center. The stop-gap Star Wars thing to get the park through the Star Wars Land construction period.

Despite the fact that people are saying this was a "temporary" exhibit it is so sad that we cannot take our grandkids to see where some of Walt's magic originally began. We live in the KC area and there is a move afoot to restore his original studio where Mickey was inspired by his little visiting mouse. Sometimes I feel as if the Disney powers that be just don't get that we want our future generations to be able to appreciate just what this man started with just a dream and a little mouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter