Walter on Jungle Cruise

cgcw

<font color=cc0099>On the blinkie Crocs foot-fetis
We had the pleasure of riding twice in a row on the Jungle Cruise with Walter during MVMCP on 12/19. Walter made a very big impression on our 2 year old Walker. In fact, for a good part of the 1200 mile drive home, our DS2 kept talking Walter and how he took us on a ride by all the animals.

The Jungle Cruise was our Walker's choice of a last ride that night. By the time we got there, Walter had already left for the night. Our DS couldn't understand why Walter was not there. Although my DS enjoyed the ride, it just didn't have the same impact as the other rides did.

Thanks, Walter, for making a special memory for our son.

I printed a copy of your text and gave it to Walter. He was very flattered that you posted about him and he says he's glad you enjoyed the cruise.

Your more detailed letter praising Walter and many other CMs was printed in last week's edition of "The Main St. Diary," which is read by CMs across WDW property! What a great letter!

It really is great the Disney listens to their guests. I always suspected they did, but this is proof. Thank you so much for updating me on the happenings of my e-mail. I am glad that everyone got recognized. Next trip I'll look for you at the gates and maybe you'll be in one of my "famous" letters! Thanks for the update!!!!

DH said I should post the letter here in case anyone was curious as to what we wrote. So, here goes.........

Hi,

We just returned a couple of days ago from WDW and want to make a couple of comments.

What does it say when you haven't been to WDW in two years yet one is able to recognize two Cast Members? I'd say it says these people are definitely doing a fantastic job and should be commended. We walked out of the Grand Floridian and saw "John" on the loading dock. I asked him if he used to work at the Polynesian and he said he did. I had remembered him from our trip 2 years ago!! Our purpose of being on the loading dock was to ride the monorail and we asked to wait for the front car. Imagine our surprise when John became our monorail driver around the resorts. John has such a wonderful, lively personality. We enjoyed our trip even more because of him and hope to see him out and about next trip.

We also had the pleasure of having Dottie as our server at the Cape May Clam Bake and the Character Breakfast the next morning. Dottie also waited on us two years ago when we were at the Cape May Character Breakfast. What a wonderful, friendly face we had greeting us.

The characters at the Cape May Character Breakfast should also be recognized for their efforts. Both Dale and Goofy went out of their way to keep in good graces with our 2 year old who was slightly upset because they touched his donuts. Not missing a beat, both characters brought donuts to him to replace the others. Goofy was put into "Time Out" by Dale and it was comical to watch the two "talk" back and forth. These characters put in that extra pixie dust magic.

Walter on the Jungle Cruise won over our 2 year old son (whose name is Walker). We had the pleasure of riding on his boat during the MVMCP on 12/19. In fact, we rode with him two times in a row - according to Walter a first because most people don't ride more than once. As midnight approached, our 2 year old chose to ride the Jungle Cruise as his final ride and was highly disappointed that Walter had already left for the day. All the way home through our 1200 mile trip, he kept talking about Walter and his boat and his animals. Walter definitely made a lasting impression on our 2 year old!

We were fortunate enough to also attend MVMCP on 12/17. During that night, the crowds were light and we were able to ride Dumbo 10-12 times in a row at the end of the evening. The Cast Member working there would lift his arm to make Dumbo take off at the beginning of the ride. How magical that our 2 year old now thinks that his own arm is also magical. When the ride closed, we asked the Cast Member for his autograph in my son's autograph book. The cast member signed it "Your Friend Adam". What a nice memento.

Overall, we had a wonderful trip and look forward to our next trip. Please forward our comments about the above Cast Members to their appropriate supervisors and if possible, please share them with the Cast Members themselves. They all are entitled to a pat on the back and a "thanks" for making our day magical!!

Cindy

Cindy that was a wonderful letter. The CM's can make our trips so special can't they?

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter