Walt Warriors

Hello warriors. Although I've seen a few reports on facebook etc about your races at WDW, I'm very excited to hear how you racers are doing now!!!!

Do we have dopey survivors!?!?! :rotfl:

Kate-Dopey McFlurry John here. Survived but honestly was hurting more than after my Ironman. Got a 2,000 yard swim in today that helped the body's juices flow again. After doing the swim I managed to put the motorhome cover on by myself, without Kathy's help, which means I'm getting back in shape.

Amanda-nice seeing you guys at the 10K.

AFM-had my McFlurry at the start of each race and stopped at mile 15 for another fresh one from the fountain.

Celebration Marathon in a week and a half is next on the list.

McFlurry John

Hey everybody!!

Another fun day in paradise (somewhere...........) :) .

My LLB and I did the Disney 10K @ Marathon weekend last week. She did great. I was sub-56, so it was pretty good. No 1/2 or full due to back issues.

I worked the 1/2 and full as a bike medic. If you saw anyone on a bike with red jacket and saddle bags (referring to the bike, not my thighs), it was a good chance it was me. Fortunately, cool weather prevailed and conditions were pretty good.

Recovery and therapy continue.

Next up...... Celebration 1/2. Gonna' run the 1/2 then cheer the "fulls" from my front yard. Running at it's finest!!

After that --> Vegas!! My DD is presenting at the National Physical Therapists (APTA??) Convention in 2 weeks, so any excuse for a nice road trip.........

Princess 10K afterwards. That's all on the books for now................

Aiming for the "Rocketman Tri" in Cocoa in the fall. Hopefully my bike legs will be recovered by then.......

Hope ya'll are doing well> Keep up the stellar work!!

JimB-Glad to read that things went well in the 10K. Onward and upward! :cool1:

I have not been able to walk without knee issues since the Marathon. Did manage to swim 2000 yards on Wednesday, bike a very hard 68 miles yesterday and 2500 yard swim today. Going to begin my efforts for Kona entry by taking a chance in the lottery. Ya never know. :goodvibes

Dopey McFlurry John

John - WTG on Dopey! Get that knee healed up before Celebration next week! :) You passed Kirsty_Leigh and I during the half while we were walking up an overpass and I yelled your name at you, and I think you waved back. LOL. Anyway, that was me! Glad you got your McFlurries in - at least the important part happened. ;)

Jim - Yay on the 10K! :) And have a good time in Vegas - there is never a bad excuse for a trip to Vegas! :lmao:

AFM: Dopey survivor, here. It was actually an AMAZING experience. I ran the whole thing with Kirsty_Leigh from WISH (who peer pressured me into my first Goofy back in 2010) and we took the first three days slowly and then PR'ed the full. :cool1: We actually had negative splits for our 5 mile splits - knocked that one out of the park. ;) We planned to take it slowly and just enjoy the race.... but that goal evolved as we kept getting our split times and realized what we were doing. We actually sprinted miles 24-26, which was INSANE. We were passing people like they were standing still, as we ran through the Boardwalk area and Epcot. I never ever thought that I could ever do that, so it was an incredible experience. Can't wait to do it again next year. ;)

Just signed up for the Around the Bay 30K (it's the oldest road race in North America - it predates Boston by a few years!) and Chilly Half Marathon in March. I'm going to get used to winter running, whether I like it or not!

Sarah-:cool1: for the Dopey. I remember the shout out. :thumbsup2 Sorry I didn't stop. Think warmer Fl. weather during your events and good luck.

Hello Warriors!
I had a pretty hellish year and just now trying to come up for air.
Thought I would see how things are here. WISHing all a great year for putting in those steps. Find the Fun!
Lily

Lily- it's so lovely to see you on here. I think of you so often, particularly when I was at W&D and felt like you were missing. You were a huge part of my WISH beginnings, so I have a lot to thank you for and felt that you were there with me (weird I know!). So sorry you've been going through horrid times, from the bits that I've seen you have been so strong through everything. Keep taking those steps forward, I can't suggest anything else I'm sorry.

Jim- fab time for your 10k after everything!!!! I hope you're feeling ready for the half :) well done to your wifey too! Stay well and please be careful. I'm certain you did an amazing job as bike medic, such a kind and wonderful thing to do.

John- yay!!!! Dopey mcflurry John is in the building! Eeep that walking is so hard still, but you did cover an immense distance! Did you wear your special shirt?

Sarah- I can't believe you sprinted the last bit of the marathon....after running the dopey!!! You are inspiring!!!!!hope you thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!

Me- nothing too exciting at the moment. Having to squeeze in my runs around some shift changes lately, which has made me run faster with lack of time!

So proud to be a walt's warrior right now, you are all doing us proud with hard work and huge dedication :D

Good Morning Warriors,

Everyone is doing so well- way to go!

I feel so behind on my training for the Glass Slipper between Christmas and New Year I did something to my right side hip (really don't think it's IT band and the joint itself feels bruised at times.) I thought I was mostly over it after a 5 mile run Saturday it felt pretty good (just maybe a bit "pully" like it was still tight in there) but after my 4 miles on Monday it's back to really feeling bad. Not sure what is going on? Could it be always running the same direction on track? Worn out shoes (got 'em in Aug.) I'm at a loss. I hate to have to make a Dr appointment but have just a month now until Glass Slipper. Ah what to do?

I hope everyone is getting their runs in, with this lousy weather (at least we have lousy weather LOL)

Lily-hoping for a much Happier New Year for you. :thumbsup2

Kate-no shirt, Kathy made a nice flap that hung down the back of my hat. Sort of like an auto Tag on the back/front of a car. Short-faster training is the way to increase speed.

Pam-same direction around a track or on a road most certainly can cause issues. Shake things up by going the other way around.

AFM-Sunday is the Celebration Marathon wearing my Dopey shirt. No McFlurry stop though. :worried:

Stay well all.

McFlurry John

JimB-I'll give a :thumbsup2 if I see you outside your house.

Happy Wet Rainy Tuesday Warriors (but no snow.......)!

Another fun filled Florida Day> :-)

Completed the Celebration 1/2 on Sunday in 1:58 +. Second fastest 1/2 ever. I think I could have gone a few faster but my hip started getting cranky about mile 8. I actually finished 4th in my age group (which is more an indication of how slow the oldsters were on Sunday, not how fast I was.)! One of these days I may actually not feel like a Hot Mess at the finish..............

Well organized race, especially for a first try & it benefits a worthy local cause. I would recommend it in the future. The course didn't pass directly in front of my house, but I did greet a fair amount of "fulls" on the bike ride home from the start/finish area. First time I'd ever biked to a race. Interesting experience............

Not much else here. Therapy continues. Painfully.

Princess 10K in a few weeks. And no, I am NOT wearing a tu-tu or any other girlie stuff. I'm gonna' get my a$$ kicked by a bunch of women in a very manly fashion, thank you very much! Working the actual 1/2 as a bike medic.

My LLB & I have come to the decision to cut back on Disney races and do more smaller, local events (or coincide travel elsewhere to do events in other lands). IMHO, the price point of Disney races is getting so freaky high as to not justify the expense. For "out of towners" (& yes, even people from Jolly Olde England) it's still an "event", but because I'm a "semi" local, it's time to do some other stuff. I'll just be playing bike medic more......

About an hour on the Tri Bike today before the weather started getting rough. STill a lot of lumbar discomfort. Guess I'm just going to have to build up a tolerance to it over time...

Keep Rockin' it my Warrior buddies! CYA soon/someday/maybe/hopefully!

Good Morning Warriors,

John~ so sorry there's no McFlurry stop in Celebration- maybe next time!

JimB~ congrats on the Celebration half, sounds like a good race, I'm contemplating a local half for next November (Columbia City Veterans Marathon and Half), I'm of the same mind on the Disney races- I swore off last year after Princess but they dangled the Glass Slipper and I jumped at it.

As for me~ I took a couple of days off last week (actually most of last week off, with injury and wedding dress shopping with soon to be DIL.) I wanted to try to run Monday (different direction on track) but was snowed in the driveway, which left yesterday (Tuesday)- with the "wrong" track direction for me, but I tried anyway figuring if I felt any problems I'd walk it. I didn't have any issues though so I'm hoping the time off and new shoes took care of the issue. I will try to get a mile or so in today (other direction) before my X-Fit class if I have time, just to keep things moving.

Pam-take it slow and good luck. Every time I do a route backwards it's like visiting a new place. :rolleyes1 Well, almost. :)

JimB-sorry for the hip, but great going. The Boardwalk areas were definitely twisty-turny and noisy.

AFM-first half of the marathon was with my 11yo DGS. He did great and happened to be the youngest racer in the field. My knees started acting up at the start, so needless to say, while the entire 26.2 was not physically enjoyable, the sights and the course made for a very nice event. Will be back next year for sure.

McFlurry John

I need to get caught up with everyone!

John - My husband and I really enjoyed talking to you during the 10k. I think we saw you before mile 1? Loved the McFlurry John tag as it helped me find you!!!

I ran the 10k with my husband and then the full with a fun group of people. What a blast!!!
I promise to get caught up with everyone's progress soon!!!

Amanda

Amanda-that was cool talking with you both. Glad the tag was noticeable. :thumbsup2

OH, BTW-forgot to mention that I am entered into the 2014 KONA Ironman World Championship lottery. Figure I'll never get picked, but being the pessimist I am, I will be right or pleasantly surprised.

Had a 63 mile bike ride last Thursday, the Celebration Marathon on Sunday, 2,500 yards swimming yesterday, a faster 600 yards swimming today and if weather permits a 4 hour bike ride tomorrow maybe followed by some pavement pounding in my new Goofy NB Shoes. Will have my Gator 70.3 on April 13th and they pick the lottery winners on April 14th. :worship: :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter