Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks. I updated the OP.

How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?
Daily $45 resort service package fee (+ tax) includes daily benefits for two guests:

• In-room wireless internet. (Value $14.99)
  • Loyalty Program guests receive enhanced speed in-room wireless internet and daily access to the Balinese Relaxation Areas at Mandara Spa. (Value $20)
  • Daily Swan Paddleboat rentals. (Value $25)
  • Daily certified instructor led fitness classes. (Value $25)
  • Nightly movies and S’mores on the beach. (Value $20)
Value Add:

• $30 off Spa Services of $230 or more during each night of your visit. Excludes Hair & Nail services.
First thought- this is depressing, reminds me how much of a joke those fees are

Second thought- s’mores? Free $50 chocolate is included? What now? How did I not know? HOW DO I ACQUIRE THE FREE $50 CHOCOLATE?!!!

I’m interested in the access to the Balinese Relaxation Areas at Mandara Spa. Anyone know exactly what they have there and is this for all member levels? EDIT - I asked on chat and its available for Elite and above.

If planning to hit HS for the early opening of 8:30 and rope drop MMRR what time should I leave the Swan? I plan on taking the boat to HS. How crazy is rope drop for early morning entry? It will be our first morning and I don't want to immediately scare my parents with the rope drop crowds. lol

Last edited:
I'm not finding a definitive answer to this via internet searches or in the Bonvoy terms and conditions, so I thought I'd ask here.

I know we shouldn't earn points on stays booked through sites such as Priceline.com or even through Disney. But will we earn points if we book through swandolpin.com or if we call the Swan Dolphin in-house reservations? I would think so, but I'd like some confirmation. Thanks!

I'm not finding a definitive answer to this via internet searches or in the Bonvoy terms and conditions, so I thought I'd ask here.

I know we shouldn't earn points on stays booked through sites such as Priceline.com or even through Disney. But will we earn points if we book through swandolpin.com or if we call the Swan Dolphin in-house reservations? I would think so, but I'd like some confirmation. Thanks!
Yes you will earn points booking at the hotel’s website and by calling the hotel. Both are considered Direct bookings.

So I went back in and the reservation had been removed, so I added it back and this time it did allow me to select a person in my F&F list. It originally listed something cryptic like "SSDGUEST_...." but it had a link that said "link guest" or something similar (I should have taken a screenshot). Once I clicked the link, it gave me my list.

Seems to have worked, but I'll certainly double check it once we're there.

Thanks everyone for your help!!
I'm curious how long it took for the change to feed over? Was it overnight? I just had to add the rest of my family to our Dolphin reservation for May. I want to go ahead and made park reservations for our stay. I'm a little frustrated that we have to still make them still we're AP holders. But that's a topic for another thread :)

I'm curious how long it took for the change to feed over? Was it overnight? I just had to add the rest of my family to our Dolphin reservation for May. I want to go ahead and made park reservations for our stay. I'm a little frustrated that we have to still make them still we're AP holders. But that's a topic for another thread :)

I did it the next day but I think they said it should take 45 minutes?

Any tips about room locations at the Swan with a deluxe resort view 2 queen room? The last couple of times I've stayed in basic and overlooked the entry to the hotel and the canal which we really liked. Could get a glimpse of the Epcot fireworks from there as well as a nice view of ToT. It was also only a short walk from the elevators.

I know you don't get as much of an option for room requests as you do with Disney hotels, but if I get a choice/chance when I check in, is there anything I should prefer? Anything with a shorter walk or better view? I think I get a small balcony so maybe we will spend some time on it.

Is there a layout somewhere where I can tell where the room is if I see it assigned with online check in? I usually use Touring Plans to get the room layouts but they don't cover Swan.

Any tips about room locations at the Swan with a deluxe resort view 2 queen room? The last couple of times I've stayed in basic and overlooked the entry to the hotel and the canal which we really liked. Could get a glimpse of the Epcot fireworks from there as well as a nice view of ToT. It was also only a short walk from the elevators.

I know you don't get as much of an option for room requests as you do with Disney hotels, but if I get a choice/chance when I check in, is there anything I should prefer? Anything with a shorter walk or better view? I think I get a small balcony so maybe we will spend some time on it.

Is there a layout somewhere where I can tell where the room is if I see it assigned with online check in? I usually use Touring Plans to get the room layouts but they don't cover Swan.
I have always liked east wing, upper floors, Boardwalk view. All if possible.

Thanks! Is there anyway to tell from the room number where it is located?

Any recent information on whether or not you can have groceries delivered to bell services (and have them refrigerated) versus having to be there when they are delivered? I'm seeing mixed things online recently.

Upcoming stay and booking dining. Is Swan back to 60+10 or length of stay for dining reservations? Last time I had to get up early every day for a week. :surfweb:

Upcoming stay and booking dining. Is Swan back to 60+10 or length of stay for dining reservations? Last time I had to get up early every day for a week. :surfweb:
It’s always had 60+ length of stay (Up to 10). I’ve been several times a year for many years and have always been able to make ADRs ahead like this. Perhaps you didn’t have it linked to your MDE account? The link often drops off and
has to be restored.

First thought- this is depressing, reminds me how much of a joke those fees are

Second thought- s’mores? Free $50 chocolate is included? What now? How did I not know? HOW DO I ACQUIRE THE FREE $50 CHOCOLATE?!!!
  • Daily roundtrip Bus transportation to the Parks and attractions
  • Daily certified professional instructor led 1 hour fitness classes
  • Daily Swan boat rides
  • Daily parking at the Parks
  • Daily S’mores and a movie on the beach
  • Daily enhanced high speed internet access
This is what is listed now, its a total scam IMO, but "everyone is doing it."
At a minimum they could give you a coffee at Starbucks each day.
Starwood\Sheraton\Marriott just gets worse and worse every year.
Last I head the Titanium breakfast was a muffin and a coffee, could they do much less?

At least Hilton waves the fee when you book with points, and they have a F&B credit per person.

In both cases they are much better in Europe and still take care of guests. That's the only reason I bother with them anymore, even with Lifetime status.

It’s always had 60+ length of stay (Up to 10). I’ve been several times a year for many years and have always been able to make ADRs ahead like this. Perhaps you didn’t have it linked to your MDE account? The link often drops off and
has to be restored.
Maybe it was a glitch last time because my hotel was definitely linked. It worked fine this morning

Starwood\Sheraton\Marriott just gets worse and worse every year.
Please don't throw Starwood under the Marriott Bonvoy bus. Sadly, Starwood is gone - they were 100% bought out by Marriott. Back when Starwood owned the Sheraton & Westin hotels they had some amazing frequent traveler benefits which used to be the crown jewel in the Starwood emprire - they had some of the most loyal customers too (I was one of those), and Marriott threw that all away. That said the real one to blame isn't even Marriott, its for the Tishman ownership group that owns the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve, they get my evil look for jacking up the resort fees as they have, and still no providing Disney transportation (unless Disney refuses).

Please don't throw Starwood under the Marriott Bonvoy bus. Sadly, Starwood is gone - they were 100% bought out by Marriott. Back when Starwood owned the Sheraton & Westin hotels they had some amazing frequent traveler benefits which used to be the crown jewel in the Starwood emprire - they had some of the most loyal customers too (I was one of those), and Marriott threw that all away. That said the real one to blame isn't even Marriott, its for the Tishman ownership group that owns the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve, they get my evil look for jacking up the resort fees as they have, and still no providing Disney transportation (unless Disney refuses).
True, the club lounge at the Dolphin and Swan were one of the better ones in the US and had a great staff, so did most lounges, it was not about doing the bare minimum for the most part. Even the four points Orlando over by Universal had a really good staff - I think it was a Sheraton back then.
I also always got upgraded to a suite at the Swan and Dolphin, now I am lucky to get an obstructed view and the prices without without points are way up.
I also knew several of the staff and managers and they knew me by name which helped.

To be fair, in the end its all the hotel chains, There are almost no executive lounges in the US for Hilton, but at least they give you the F&B credit that you know in advance.

In contrast I've stayed at several hotels in Europe that did not have lounges and they gave me unlimited minibar as well as a top quality full breakfast. You just did not get Vodka or Champagne, so beer wine soda and snacks. They also refilled it every day without fail.

The Marriott CC is also pretty bad (the higher level ones), so that is next on my list to downgrade. Again its almost at a break even, especially if you already have status anyway. The Basic Marriott cards are decent.

You do get Starbucks in the room, basically unlimited.
Not quite the same and for the most part I wont use the coffee maker in the room, Ill just say I have seen enough things to put me off it.

Hilton gives you two 16oz Starbucks in many locations as part of that fee, and even the Seaworld Marriott gives you two beers, but for you entire stay :( not daily, They also give you a full sit down breakfast for status that is actually very good.

I'm going to stay at the Swan Reserve on my next stay to use one one of my certs and I hear they at least give you a good breakfast, so we will see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter