Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi Everyone. First stay at the Swan for us later in January. We originally were going in Nov, but it was that tropical storm and we pushed to Jan. I just realized today that the new reservation only had me on it. I've called and they updated the occupancy to 2 (they didn't ask for my DH's name). Once that's updated in their system (they said 45 minutes), then I should be able to see my DH in MDE? That's only showing me when I added the reservation number.

I just want to make sure I can book his LLs/G+ when the day comes...I know from reading here I should be double checking when it comes time.
It should fall out of MDE then and you add it back in with yourself and your husband. I just did this recently and it worked!

I've stayed with all of them. There is also Hyatt. As far as the Disney area, I'm a DVC member so most of my trips will focus on using my DVC points.

With regard to the rest of the travel I do, Hilton, Hyatt and IHG are usually acceptable choices for me. Not every hotel, obviously, but I do watch for new openings and updated hotels and try to stay away from the less desirable choices.

I'm from the UK so my experience may vary. But my company and a lot of people i know who travel for work predominately book IHGs. We dont have as many options for hotel credit cards etc so very people have diamond or platinum unless they genuinely stay a lot in any schemes. I have amex platinum but i'm thinking of cancelling.

I have found that IHG have some phenomenal redemption rates for some really interesting properties - and their new milestone reward programme makes it even better. I stayed at the intercontinental madrid with a confirmable suite upgrade on points for 38k per night a few weeks ago. The only thing we had to pay extra for was lounge access which you can get at 40 nights.

Disney property wise we stayed at Hilton bonnet creek on points and didnt love the transport - so im not sure we would do it again but we did get a night free, no resort fees and the credit so it made up for it. We stayed in the swan on points aswell as we had some amex mr's to burn - but we wouldnt next time as its increased so much.

Plan is next time to use hilton points for seaworld, and pay cash for either Swolphin or a DVC rental.

Hi Everyone. First stay at the Swan for us later in January. We originally were going in Nov, but it was that tropical storm and we pushed to Jan. I just realized today that the new reservation only had me on it. I've called and they updated the occupancy to 2 (they didn't ask for my DH's name). Once that's updated in their system (they said 45 minutes), then I should be able to see my DH in MDE? That's only showing me when I added the reservation number.

I just want to make sure I can book his LLs/G+ when the day comes...I know from reading here I should be double checking when it comes time.
I have always added DH’s name in the MDE app. It lets you select from your Friends and Family list. I make sure it looks correct ahead of time. There have been a couple times when the entire reservation has dropped from the linked reservations list. Better safe than sorry.

I have always added DH’s name in the MDE app. It lets you select from your Friends and Family list. I make sure it looks correct ahead of time. There have been a couple times when the entire reservation has dropped from the linked reservations list. Better safe than sorry.
I agree that you need to add your DH to MDE yourself, just the same way you added the reservation to MDE in the first place. His name won’t magically appear there for a number of reasons, the main one being the lack of integration of Marriott’s IT with Disney IT (this is why reservations sometimes get dropped from MDE). What will happen is that, with the reservation now at 2 people, MDE should allow you to add another name. I’ve never done this, so I don’t know how it actually works to add someone after you’ve already added the reservation to MDE for one person in the reservation. Hopefully someone else has experienced this.

...I have found that IHG have some phenomenal redemption rates for some really interesting properties - and their new milestone reward programme makes it even better. ...
The reality is that as many travel sites will say, the Marriott rewards program is so bad now that “Bonvoy”, is a derogatory verb, often called being "Bonvoyed". I loved the old SPG program, and both Swan & Dolphin were SPG properties; Sheraton & Westin - but since the Marriott take over I used the last of my points for a few nights in Waikiki and I've moved on. Just about any other program treats is loyal members better and most of all, they treat them with respect and consistency.

I agree that you need to add your DH to MDE yourself, just the same way you added the reservation to MDE in the first place. His name won’t magically appear there for a number of reasons, the main one being the lack of integration of Marriott’s IT with Disney IT (this is why reservations sometimes get dropped from MDE). What will happen is that, with the reservation now at 2 people, MDE should allow you to add another name. I’ve never done this, so I don’t know how it actually works to add someone after you’ve already added the reservation to MDE for one person in the reservation. Hopefully someone else has experienced this.

It should fall out of MDE then and you add it back in with yourself and your husband. I just did this recently and it worked!

So I went back in and the reservation had been removed, so I added it back and this time it did allow me to select a person in my F&F list. It originally listed something cryptic like "SSDGUEST_...." but it had a link that said "link guest" or something similar (I should have taken a screenshot). Once I clicked the link, it gave me my list.

Seems to have worked, but I'll certainly double check it once we're there.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Wondering what’s going on the week of March 4th this year. Swan Reserve price per night is around $3,500! Is this just them running out of rooms but if so, is there something special going on that week? I know it’s the beginning of flower and garden but wow, could stay over over at Boardwalk for a lot less.

Wondering what’s going on the week of March 4th this year. Swan Reserve price per night is around $3,500! Is this just them running out of rooms but if so, is there something special going on that week? I know it’s the beginning of flower and garden but wow, could stay over over at Boardwalk for a lot less.
Yeah must be a conference or something there. It's showing sold out: https://swandolphin.com/value-days/

Inventory levels are low....

You can go through the whole calendar and will find there are days here and there that are already priced way out of the realm of reality. Had a week in October 2024 that I looked at back first of December and it was already $1,800 for three of the nights.

I expect when the book a conferences they block out a number of rooms based on the predicted attendance, even before releasing rooms for booking. I've seen rooms open back up a few weeks out, and I've seen them stay with the crazy prices.

I'm from the UK so my experience may vary. But my company and a lot of people i know who travel for work predominately book IHGs. We dont have as many options for hotel credit cards etc so very people have diamond or platinum unless they genuinely stay a lot in any schemes.

For my previous company i travelled to Amsterdam for a week each quarter. I also found that very, very few people in Europe have the top status. I would stay at the same Crowne Plaza (IHG property) in Amsterdam and would get a ton of points. Not sure if it just worked out that way or it had something to do with the Euro/USD conversion. I was easily Spire Elite, the top level at IHG, and i got free lounge access at the CP including breakfast and access to unlimited drinks including beer when the lounge was open, and 90% of the time would get upgraded to their biggest suite.

The problem with IHG for me is many of the US properties are significantly run down. If you are anywhere other than a major city, its tough to find a reasonable place to stay.

Trying to plan our arrival day and I’m thinking of going to Grand Floridian Cafe or the Poly for lunch. The best way to get there would be to take the bus from Swan like I’m going to MK then get off at GF or Poly from the monorail?

This would work right? Or are the monorails express and only go to MK from TTC?

Trying to plan our arrival day and I’m thinking of going to Grand Floridian Cafe or the Poly for lunch. The best way to get there would be to take the bus from Swan like I’m going to MK then get off at GF or Poly from the monorail?

This would work right? Or are the monorails express and only go to MK from TTC?
Take the resort monorail instead of the express monorail. You can walk from TTC to the POLY.

Thanks! I forgot how close TTC is to Poly.

Anyone know how early the boats start from Swan to HS? How early should I leave the hotel to get to HS for rope drop early hours? It would be 8:30 opening.

FWIW, I see that reservation on or about 1/15 or after are now showing the increased $45 resort fee instead of $40.

FWIW, I see that reservation on or about 1/15 or after are now showing the increased $45 resort fee instead of $40.
Thanks. I updated the OP.

How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?
Daily $45 resort service package fee (+ tax) includes daily benefits for two guests:

• In-room wireless internet. (Value $14.99)
  • Loyalty Program guests receive enhanced speed in-room wireless internet and daily access to the Balinese Relaxation Areas at Mandara Spa. (Value $20)
  • Daily Swan Paddleboat rentals. (Value $25)
  • Daily certified instructor led fitness classes. (Value $25)
  • Nightly movies and S’mores on the beach. (Value $20)
Value Add:

• $30 off Spa Services of $230 or more during each night of your visit. Excludes Hair & Nail services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter