• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How wide is the doorway in the Swan between the bedroom and the bathroom? I can't find the tension curtain rod I use to help block out the bathroom lights.

We were last at the Swan in April and were about to pick the free breakfast as our elite gift (husband is titanium lifetime), as I said "ooh coffee" the person checking us in said coffee wasn't included. We just got points instead, but when we had stayed before (pre-covid, many times) we were able to get the continental breakfast and coffee (basic, not a latte or anything like that) was included. I did notice a new (to us) coffee bar, did they really pull basic black coffee off the free breakfast for elite guests?

Though I hate to give away this secret @gottalovepluto - if you are over 55 that qualifies for the "senior" rate at Marriot....
Wait. What?!? 5 stays at Marriotts since I turned 55, and no one told me this! Dang. Well, I do have to plan 2 more nights before the end of the year (since Delta Vacation booked nights don’t qualify for status). The discount should help a little.

…. Just double checked the Bonvoy info - 62 is the official discount qualifying age. I’m now confused.

Last edited:

Wait. What?!? 5 stays at Marriotts since I turned 55, and no one told me this! Dang. Well, I do have to plan 2 more nights before the end of the year (since Delta Vacation booked nights don’t qualify for status). The discount should help a little.

…. Just double checked the Bonvoy info - 62 is the official discount qualifying age. I’m now confused.
It's not just Marriott it's also 62 on the SDR site too and same on the app. 🤷‍♂️

looking to add a night at the beginning of our Florida trip, and why not look at a place we never have stayed before.... that being said, we have universal night the day before we check into our full vacation at Disney...dates; Nov 25-26 open/nothing booked, Nov 26-27 @ Royal Pacific Universal(booked and paid), ov 27-Dec 2 @ Disney(already booked)....looking at possibly booking the Swan-not sure on what room to request-just the hubs and myself-can you see fireworks from any rooms? also tossed around a Disney resort within the same price range....

looking at possibly booking the Swan-not sure on what room to request-just the hubs and myself-can you see fireworks from any rooms? also tossed around a Disney resort within the same price range....
Swan/Dolphin is much different then booking at Disney. If you want a Fireworks view room, a resort view, other options you book and pay for what you want. Room requests after booking are for general areas, but not specific views or features like a balcony.

If you pull up your dates on the S/D page you'll see options like what you see below. Note if you want Fireworks view you would want to book the Dolphin. If you want to see the fireworks, I'd get a balcony fireworks view room.

Swan
Traditional, Guest room, 1 King, No view
Traditional, Guest room, 2 Queen(s), No view
Traditional Resort View, Guest room, 1 King
Traditional Resort View, Guest room, 2 Queen(s)
Deluxe Resort View, Guest room, 1 King, Balcony
Deluxe Resort View, Guest room, 2 Queen(s), Balcony

Dolphin
Deluxe Resort View, Guest room, 2 Doubles, Balcony
Fireworks View, Guest room, 2 Doubles
Firework View, Guest room, 2 Doubles, Resort view, Balcony
Deluxe Resort View, Guest room, 1 King, Sofa bed, Balcony

Does the Swan/Dolphin have runDisney race transport? To the Expo, and also to the start point of the races at 3am/4am/etc?

Just signed up for Princess Half Marathon weekend next year and starting to look at hotels...

Now I'm wondering if the senior discount is better than the AAA one.

That had been my experience with AAA & AP rates up until this weekend when they actually charged the deposit on my AP booking.
I spoke too soon last week! I called the Swan today to link my 2 bookings (one FNC, one cash), and suddenly the 1 night cash room I reserved 2 months ago was charged to my card on file! I had a Marriott GC I wanted to use to pay it when I got there.

I spoke too soon last week! I called the Swan today to link my 2 bookings (one FNC, one cash), and suddenly the 1 night cash room I reserved 2 months ago was charged to my card on file! I had a Marriott GC I wanted to use to pay it when I got there.
You still can. I pay Marriott hotels with gift cards all the time that charge deposits on my cc. I tell them at check in I want to pay with a gift card, they still charge everything to my cc and tell me they will do gift cards at checkout. At checkout they charge the gc’s and refund the cc’s even for the deposit. Sometimes they push back a little on the deposit but I stay firm. It can be complicated as it seems gc processing is different for every hotel so give yourself like a 20 min buffer from when you want to be walking out the door and do not shy away from using your gc if the clerk gets confused and has to call a manager, they will get it sorted eventually.

Swan took a bit with my gc because they had to go process them in their back office back in Feb ‘21, idk if that’s changed. SR only took like an extra 5-10 mins. I am always at the front desk to check out before check-out time hits to make sure I don’t add an extra layer of complexity to the situation.

Does the Swan/Dolphin have runDisney race transport? To the Expo, and also to the start point of the races at 3am/4am/etc?

Just signed up for Princess Half Marathon weekend next year and starting to look at hotels...
I'd download the Swan/Dolphin mobile app and use the "I'm on property, Text us!" feature and ask. I would like to say yes, but getting it straight from them is your best bet.

Are you able to use the pool on your checkout day? We were just thinking of staying here when we land before transferring to Riviera but the pool looks like it would be fun for DS.

The senior discount often seems to be better than AAA, but it varies. FYI, if you use the Bonvoy mobile app, it will search multiple fare/discounts simultaneously, so you can easily see which works out better.

was wanting to book through southwest for the rewards points, but now looking, seeing the views and the prices, I'm just not sure. by the time I add on the resort fee and parking I can get a room at the boardwalk! guess I better start looking and make a decision asap

I'd download the Swan/Dolphin mobile app and use the "I'm on property, Text us!" feature and ask. I would like to say yes, but getting it straight from them is your best bet.

Yes. There is transportation for the Expo and the races.
Thanks for the replies!

Good to know there is transport. Wasn't going to be a huge dealbreaker if there wasn't as I figured I can always go to YC/BC/BW, but transport at the resort is good!

was wanting to book through southwest for the rewards points, but now looking, seeing the views and the prices, I'm just not sure. by the time I add on the resort fee and parking I can get a room at the boardwalk! guess I better start looking and make a decision asap
Then I’d do BWI! If there is not much price difference there is no reason to chose Swolphin, especially with BWI just wrapping up the hotel side refurb so it has new rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter