Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello! I have a room booked at the Swan for 6 nights in July - a AAA non-refundable rate which at the time seemed pretty good to me. I just looked and I now see our same room available for almost $500 less, wow! My question is for the Marriott/Bonvoy pros, can I somehow apply this lower rate towards our currently booked stay and have the overage as some type of credit for a future reservation? I know I won't get the $$ refunded, just trying to see if there's a way to get the most for the money.

If such a thing is possible, what's the best way to go about it? Through the app, call in...?
Never heard of such a thing with Marriott, let us know if they let you. The rates are generally non-refundable and non-changeable.

Yeah COVID as really spoiled us on hotel rates and being able to cancel last minute (or a month to two out).... but these "cheaper" non refundable rates are coming back everywhere. I always take a minute to review, as there have been times even AP Rates have said non-refundable.

@pixie2416 in the past S/D has been firm on the non-refundable rates being non-refundable. You can call, but I don't think you'll get the sanctification you are looking for. But it never hurts to call and try.

@LisaRay @TexanInTheMidwest @Scalemaster34 - I think the only time they don't charge the resort fee on mutilple rooms is if it's connecting room (parents/children), and maybe one of the suites that has a lockout room attached.

I do know that if you book one of the Alcove rooms and one (or both) of the connecting rooms under one reservation they will only charge you one resort fee. BUT if you try to put multiple names on the reservation that splits it up. And you can only do this directly with the swan/Dolphin reservations (during the daytime) as the Marriot phone folks cannot book this.

The AAA rates are a mess. I’m seeing 2 AAA options at all Swolphin hotels, one nonrefundable & one supposedly fully refundable until a few days before the trip. The refundable one has one night prepayment required & the cancellation policy right before clicking Book says if I cancel it after tomorrow the prepayment is non refundable. All 3 hotels, same fine print.
I book AAA refundable rates through Marriott, and even though it says a 1 night deposit required, they have never charged it. The cancellation policy shown on my confirmation is this -

To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 182.25 USD on Thursday, April 27, 2023. If the date presented is a past date, the deposit will be due and processed upon confirmation.​

•​
You may cancel your reservation for no charge before 11:59 PM local hotel time on Wednesday, August 30, 2023 (5 day before arrival).

I book AAA refundable rates through Marriott, and even though it says a 1 night deposit required, they have never charged it.

That had been my experience with AAA & AP rates up until this weekend when they actually charged the deposit on my AP booking.

That had been my experience with AAA & AP rates up until this weekend when they actually charged the deposit on my AP booking.
Yep, I just got charged a one night deposit for my September Swan trip. It was also an AP rate. I was also charged a deposit when I stayed at the Swan in April. Interestingly, I have a stay booked at the Dolphin for later in September, after the Swan stay and I have not been charged a deposit. That stay has been booked for over a month. The Swan deposit was charged the same day I made the reservation.

Yep, I just got charged a one night deposit for my September Swan trip. It was also an AP rate. I was also charged a deposit when I stayed at the Swan in April. Interestingly, I have a stay booked at the Dolphin for later in September, after the Swan stay and I have not been charged a deposit. That stay has been booked for over a month. The Swan deposit was charged the same day I made the reservation.
I’m at dolphin. Charge was a couple days after I made the res.

I booked the Dolphin for September around a month ago, and got charged a completely different amount on my card (which was less than what they said they were going to charge when I booked). Got really confused and had to email them to clarify, which they did and sent me an invoice for the payment they actually took.

I just rebooked that under the AP rate (I guess this means I'm getting an AP this trip!) and again the information they're giving me about prepayment charge doesn't match with what is happening... Their system is probably even more confused by the fact that I have actually paid that random amount I was charged for the other booking...

None of my deposit amounts made sense in my three Dolphin stays recently, nor were the amounts anywhere in my reservation confirmation or Marriott account. I made a note of how much I owed for each stay and then just verified that my final hotel bill matched what I was expecting to owe on check out day. In all three cases, it did! It's a strange system for sure. When I revised my booking using the modify option, I never had any changes to my deposits, I just had to update my note on what I owed.

None of my deposit amounts made sense in my three Dolphin stays recently, nor were the amounts anywhere in my reservation confirmation or Marriott account. I made a note of how much I owed for each stay and then just verified that my final hotel bill matched what I was expecting to owe on check out day. In all three cases, it did! It's a strange system for sure. When I revised my booking using the modify option, I never had any changes to my deposits, I just had to update my note on what I owed.
Same for me over the past many years. It’s seems a very strange system, but it does always add up at the end somehow.

I’m staying at the swan reserve this Sunday till the following Sunday. Any recommendations on food, things to do aside from the parks etc. Coffee spot half decent? We usually do pool after the parks if we’re back in time, worth venturing to the swan/dolphin or is the reserve pool good enough. How are the buses to MK and AK?

I’m staying at the swan reserve this Sunday till the following Sunday. Any recommendations on food, things to do aside from the parks etc. Coffee spot half decent? We usually do pool after the parks if we’re back in time, worth venturing to the swan/dolphin or is the reserve pool good enough. How are the buses to MK and AK?
So, full disclosure… I haven’t been yet but I’m going next week and have been gathering tips.

A big one is that the buses from the Swan to AK are pretty good and drop off in a great spot. But the buses to MK drop off at the TTC. If you’re up for it, several people recommended walking to the Boardwalk hotel or BC/YC to take their bus to MK.

If all you want from your pool is a small place to swim & lounge chairs you’re fine at Reserve. If you want hot tubs, water slide, pretty atmosphere and a large swimming area head over to Dolphin.

The coffee at Grounds in the reserve lobby is actually quite good. Also some fun tea drinks there if you like that kinda thing.

Does anyone know if the Swan/Dolphin buses run from MK after the Halloween parties? I currently have 2 nights booked at Swan, 4 nights at AKL and then 5 nights at Dolphin. But....
I'm thinking I will switch to 6 nights at either AKL or Swan, but I have a MNSSHP booked for one of the nights that I'm at AKL. If I cancel AKL and stay all 6 nights at Swan, I will save over $400. I know I could take the BW bus and walk to Swan, but I'll be solo, so I don't really want to do that walk late at night. Any insight appreciated!

Does anyone know if the Swan/Dolphin buses run from MK after the Halloween parties? I currently have 2 nights booked at Swan, 4 nights at AKL and then 5 nights at Dolphin. But....
I'm thinking I will switch to 6 nights at either AKL or Swan, but I have a MNSSHP booked for one of the nights that I'm at AKL. If I cancel AKL and stay all 6 nights at Swan, I will save over $400. I know I could take the BW bus and walk to Swan, but I'll be solo, so I don't really want to do that walk late at night. Any insight appreciated!
Yes, they will run up until 1 hour after the party ends. So if the party ends at midnight, the last bus will leave at 1am.

Titanium Here, recent stay got 2 night upgrade to Chairman’s Suite at the Swan Reserve… Made it well worth the extra five minute walk. Hotel and staff are definitely a step above the Swan and Dolphin both, but it does have a more scaled back vibe in terms of amenities. Also, elite breakfast is more expensive at amare to upgrade than at Rosa Mexicana at Dolphin. Additionally, I was told (maybe incorrectly?) that Swan Reserve guests Can use their elite breakfast at the SR or the Swan, but not at the Dolphin. On our recent stay at the Dolphin, I believe we were allowed to do breakfast at Dolphin, Swan, and SR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter