Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you! So on the night we are at MK EEH we will just plan to go to the TTC and catch a Swan bus before 1 am. I really appreciate your response!
Have a wonderful trip! Excited to hear how you end up liking the Swan Reserve!

Also, if you aren't rope dropping MK, I find that the time to get to there via Swan/TTC is about the same as walking over to the Boardwalk and taking the bus from there. I still think its best for early mornings to go to Boardwalk and bus from there, but if you are leaving from the Reserve in the late morning or afternoon, I don't think it saves all that much time/hassle.

Have a wonderful trip! Excited to hear how you end up liking the Swan Reserve!

Also, if you aren't rope dropping MK, I find that the time to get to there via Swan/TTC is about the same as walking over to the Boardwalk and taking the bus from there. I still think its best for early mornings to go to Boardwalk and bus from there, but if you are leaving from the Reserve in the late morning or afternoon, I don't think it saves all that much time/hassle.
Thanks. I don’t think we will rope drop since our two MK days are 1) an EEH and 2) July 3rd. Both will be late nights so we will get to the park in the afternoons.

One more question… do you recommend using the boats or the monorail to get back to the TTC (from MK) at night on our way back to the Swan Reserve?

Thanks. I don’t think we will rope drop since our two MK days are 1) an EEH and 2) July 3rd. Both will be late nights so we will get to the park in the afternoons.

One more question… do you recommend using the boats or the monorail to get back to the TTC (from MK) at night on our way back to the Swan Reserve?
For EEH I think they had stopped running the monorails already, so we took the Ferry and it was very efficient. On a regular night its a toss up - if the monorail line isn't too bad I take that (the express line if its short, or the resort one if that line looks better). But in general I have found on a busy night the Ferry seems to work best because the load line keeps constantly moving. Also I love getting the nighttime water pics of Magic Kingdom/the castle as we are leaving so that is a bonus point for the ferry IMO.

If there is little to no line though, the express Monorail will likely be the fastest option barring any random delays.

Debating staying at Swan/Dolphin in late Oct/early Nov.
But I have to use a scooter for long distances and I am confused how that works with the busses they use at these hotels. I know they are not the standard Disney busses and I didn't think they could put scooters on the charter style busses?

Does anyone have an experience with this?

Debating staying at Swan/Dolphin in late Oct/early Nov.
But I have to use a scooter for long distances and I am confused how that works with the busses they use at these hotels. I know they are not the standard Disney busses and I didn't think they could put scooters on the charter style busses?

Does anyone have an experience with this?
I was there last December with another guest, and we both use scooters. Our only experience with the bus from Dolphin was not great - they used a big motor coach, and had to load the scooters under in the luggage compartment, along with all the strollers. Luckily, my friend and I could climb the bus steps so it wasn't a huge problem, but for folks who cannot do that, it would be an issue.

From that time onward on our trip, we "scooted" over the the Yacht Club bus stop and used that instead of the Dolphin's.

I understand that most often, The D/S/SR use buses just like Disney buses and load the scooters first using the ramp at the rear door. But occasionally, the will use the bigger motor coaches which are not quite as "scooter friendly" as the others.

I was there last December with another guest, and we both use scooters. Our only experience with the bus from Dolphin was not great - they used a big motor coach, and had to load the scooters under in the luggage compartment, along with all the strollers. Luckily, my friend and I could climb the bus steps so it wasn't a huge problem, but for folks who cannot do that, it would be an issue.

From that time onward on our trip, we "scooted" over the the Yacht Club bus stop and used that instead of the Dolphin's.

I understand that most often, The D/S/SR use buses just like Disney buses and load the scooters first using the ramp at the rear door. But occasionally, the will use the bigger motor coaches which are not quite as "scooter friendly" as the others.
Well luckily I can climb aboard the bus fine I need the scooter for long distances so that info does help. I have read about the MK bus dropping at the TTC so might want to go to yacht or boardwalk for MK but it would be nice not to have to do that for AK also. Thanks for the info.

Question about the Friendship boats (Staying at the Swan Reserve)...

Is walking generally the best bet to EPCOT and DHS in the morning?

I'm leaning towards walking to the parks in the morning and taking the boats home at night. Does this sound like a good plan?

What are the odds the boat will fill up and we will have to wait for another one? Should we just suck it up and walk even at night? Anything else I should know?
We always used the boats. They rarely fill up in late September or early December. It depends how many more miles you want to walk and if your feet hurt. Lol

The AAA rates are a mess. I’m seeing 2 AAA options at all Swolphin hotels, one nonrefundable & one supposedly fully refundable until a few days before the trip. The refundable one has one night prepayment required & the cancellation policy right before clicking Book says if I cancel it after tomorrow the prepayment is non refundable. All 3 hotels, same fine print.

Could someone who has done it explain the escape family package. It says you get 25% off the 2nd room so I am seeing a rate of $254 for our nights and then the 2nd room would be 25% off that which would make it $190.50 a night.
But then I will pay a $40 resort fee for each room correct?
Is there anything I'm missing? If/when I book this does it show up with the discounted rate for that 2nd night then?
Also I assume no AAA discount on this offer? Not seeing it at least.

Could someone who has done it explain the escape family package. It says you get 25% off the 2nd room so I am seeing a rate of $254 for our nights and then the 2nd room would be 25% off that which would make it $190.50 a night.
But then I will pay a $40 resort fee for each room correct?
Is there anything I'm missing? If/when I book this does it show up with the discounted rate for that 2nd night then?
Also I assume no AAA discount on this offer? Not seeing it at least.

I haven't booked this specific package - but i do know if you book multiple rooms under the same name/reservation it should be a single resort fee.

the easiest was to check would be to call the hotel (not Marriott - but the Swan/Dolphin reservations between 8 am and 5 pm Eastern - and book it through them there. Or at least ask about it.

Hi everyone! I'm just starting to plan for a March trip, 2024. When I plug in any 10 nights for that month, both Dolphin and Swan say they are sold out. Only the Reserve comes up with availability. Are the hotels completely blocked off for conferences or something, or has inventory not been released yet??

Hello! I have a room booked at the Swan for 6 nights in July - a AAA non-refundable rate which at the time seemed pretty good to me. I just looked and I now see our same room available for almost $500 less, wow! My question is for the Marriott/Bonvoy pros, can I somehow apply this lower rate towards our currently booked stay and have the overage as some type of credit for a future reservation? I know I won't get the $$ refunded, just trying to see if there's a way to get the most for the money.

If such a thing is possible, what's the best way to go about it? Through the app, call in...?

I haven't booked this specific package - but i do know if you book multiple rooms under the same name/reservation it should be a single resort fee.

the easiest was to check would be to call the hotel (not Marriott - but the Swan/Dolphin reservations between 8 am and 5 pm Eastern - and book it through them there. Or at least ask about it.

I've booked multiple rooms in the last few years, and they always charge a Resort Fee on each room.... new system makes that pretty clear that's their policy.

100% agree it doesn't hurt to ask... can always get some magic.

@pixie2416 in the past S/D has been firm on the non-refundable rates being non-refundable. You can call, but I don't think you'll get the sanctification you are looking for. But it never hurts to call and try.

@LisaRay @TexanInTheMidwest @Scalemaster34 - I think the only time they don't charge the resort fee on mutilple rooms is if it's connecting room (parents/children), and maybe one of the suites that has a lockout room attached.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter