Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone here use a scooter and use Minnie Vans to get to the Magic Kingdom? I'm wondering how far ahead I need to order one. We will want to get to the park for Early Entry. And maybe for the Extra Evening Hours.

Does anyone here use a scooter and use Minnie Vans to get to the Magic Kingdom? I'm wondering how far ahead I need to order one. We will want to get to the park for Early Entry. And maybe for the Extra Evening Hours.

I used Minnie Vans extensively on my last trip and I don't believe the Minnie Vans can take scooters - they are all regular SUVs type vehicles and unless the scooters can fold like a stroller they would have no way to accommodate them.

Also, the Minnie Vans work off of the Lyft app . There isn't any pre-ordering or pre-arranging done beyond picking up at the airport for Club Level Guests.

(here is a re-cap on me using the Minnie Van for Early Entry from the Dolphin earlier this month)

(EDITED to Add: @gottalovepluto added all the ECV Minnie Van info below! Nice they have that option!!)

Last edited:
At least an hour before EE, maybe 90 mins. MVs get popular during park opening and you need the accessible one of which there are only a few. Don’t know if there is a EEH rush to leave the park but do remember the hours are 6:30am-12:30am.

I used Minnie Vans extensively on my last trip and I don't believe the Minnie Vans can take scooters - they are all regular SUVs type vehicles and unless the scooters can fold like a stroller they would have no way to accommodate them.

Also, the Minnie Vans work off of the Lyft app . There isn't any pre-ordering or pre-arranging done beyond picking up at the airport for Club Level Guests.

(here is a re-cap on me using the Minnie Van for Early Entry from the Dolphin earlier this month)
Accessible MVs are also available in the Lyft app if you scroll a touch more when selecting a car and they take up to 2 ECVs

Accessible Minnie Van Service

Discover how to request a Minnie Van that accommodates wheelchairs and car seats.
Any Guest can order an Accessible Minnie Van. Guests do not need to use the vehicle’s accessibility functions in order to book a ride in an Accessible Minnie Van.
Here’s How to Order:
  1. Open the Lyft app within Walt Disney World Resort, and enter your destination.
  2. Confirm your pickup location and tap “Select Access. Minnie Van” (short for “Accessible Minnie Van”). If Accessible Minnie Van service doesn’t immediately display, scroll through vehicle type options until it appears.
  3. Track your vehicle’s progress on a map provided by the app. You’ll see the vehicle number to help you spot your car.
Accessible Minnie Vans include the following:
  • Seating for 5 people
  • One complimentary car seat (which can be used by one of the 5 passengers)
  • 2 spaces for mobility devices (Guests may remain in their mobility devices for the duration of the ride)
There is a maximum capacity of 7 Guests per Accessible Minnie Van.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/minnie-van/#drawer-card-drawerMinnieVanAirportShuttle

Also, I feel like even the default option would accommodate one scooter. But, there are different vehicles in the fleet The ones we had would have been fine/ they would have fit.

FYI Some of the buses used by Swan have a ramp for the front door. A PITA, particularly if you have a rear basket. Some of the buses used are deluxe motor coaches; DCL for example. Scooters go under the bus. It won't work if you can't walk up the stairs and take a seat.

We used Swan bus after EEH. The buses load by TTC; near the front just behind SoG bus location The driver wasn't able to lower the tiller to stow the scooter under the bus. We were told Mears had an extra bus, in case it's needed..A bus with a ramp drove up as the DCL bus was pulling out. They were going to leave immediately after we boarded. A ferry was just docking. The driver waited a few minutes so the guests just made the bus instead of just missing it.

TTTC isn't as big a deal as some say.

Accessible Minnie Vans include the following:

• Seating for 5 people
  • One complimentary car seat (which can be used by one of the 5 passengers)
  • 2 spaces for mobility devices (Guests may remain in their mobility devices for the duration of the ride)
There is a maximum capacity of 7 Guests per Accessible Minnie Van.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/minnie-van/#drawer-card-drawerMinnieVanAirportShuttle

Also, I feel like even the default option would accommodate one scooter. But, there are different vehicles in the fleet The ones we had would have been fine/ they would have fit.
The original accessible MVs only accommodated 1, those have been changed out for 2 scooter vans at this point.

Hello S/D/SR experts! I am returning to Disney in June for the first time since 2012, and I'm staying at the Swan Reserve. I booked this as a package through Disney, mainly because the price for Disney's package with the signature suite was almost the same as getting a standard room from Marriott + park pass from Disney on my own, and the suite is twice the square footage.

Anyway, Disney has definitely gotten more complicated since 2012 and I have a few questions:

1) My resort reservation is linked in MDE. It has given me a "park planning pass" at this point, but I don't see my actual park hopper ticket. When will my park hopper pass show up in MDE? After I check in?

2) Is it worth getting Magic Bands if they can't be used to pay for items? We might purchase them on our first day (a non-park day for us) at Disney Springs because the online selection is lacking. If you don't use Magic Bands, what is the best option: a plastic card or your phone? Can you get the plastic card from the hotel front desk? Also, how do you prove your "deluxeness" at Extended Evening Hours?

3) I've heard that S/D/SR reservations like to magically delete themselves from MDE. I am nervous about this affecting our first 7am Genie experience. I of course will check this and re-input my reservation confirmation number from Disney if this happens. However, I vaguely remember reading something about someone who needed to get an alternate confirmation number from S/D/SR to fix the problem. Is this a thing, and how can I get that alternate confirmation number? Or should the Disney confirmation number be fine?

4) I remember enjoying Fountain at the Dolphin. Does it still have an area where you can get ice cream only, or do you have to eat there?

5) Given that it's new, is there anything else quirky about the Swan Reserve that I should know with respect to buses, park entry, etc.? I do know that it might be worth walking to Boardwalk when I go to MK or AK because the S/D/SR buses don't drop you off right up front.

I appreciate any wisdom you can provide!

Last edited:
Hello S/D/SR experts! I am returning to Disney in June for the first time since 2012, and I'm staying at the Swan Reserve. I booked this as a package through Disney, mainly because the price for Disney's package with the signature suite was almost the same as getting a standard room from Marriott + park pass from Disney on my own, and the suite is twice the square footage.

Anyway, Disney has definitely gotten more complicated since 2012 and I have a few questions:

1) My resort reservation is linked in MDE. It has given me a "park planning pass" at this point, but I don't see my actual park hopper ticket. When will my park hopper pass show up in MDE? After I check in?

2) Is it worth getting Magic Bands if they can't be used to pay for items? We might purchase them on our first day (a non-park day for us) at Disney Springs because the online selection is lacking. If you don't use Magic Bands, what is the best option: a plastic card or your phone? Can you get the plastic card from the hotel front desk?

3) I've heard that S/D/SR reservations like to magically delete themselves from MDE. I am nervous about this affecting our first 7am Genie experience. I of course will check this and re-input my reservation confirmation number from Disney if this happens. However, I vaguely remember reading something about someone who needed to get an alternate confirmation number from S/D/SR to fix the problem. Is this a thing, and how can I get that alternate confirmation number? Or should the Disney confirmation number be fine?

4) I remember enjoying Fountain at the Dolphin. Does it still have an area where you can get ice cream only, or do you have to eat there?

5) Given that it's new, is there anything quirky about the Swan Reserve that I should know with respect to buses, park entry, etc.? I do know that it might be worth walking to Boardwalk when I go to MK or AK because the S/D/SR buses don't drop you off right up front.

2) do you have a group capable of scanning themselves into the parks with fingerprints? Do you intend to use G+ ? MBs certainly make scanning in for that easier. So, a couple things to consider as you decide their value to you.

3) You don’t need an alternative confirm if your able to link your hotel to MDE and then it drops. Just wake up early enough to reconnect it, use the website not the app.

5) Idk if you’re saving any time walking from SR to BWI vs TTC. I would just take the SR bus or a Minnie Van.

"2) Is it worth getting Magic Bands if they can't be used to pay for items? We might purchase them on our first day (a non-park day for us) at Disney Springs because the online selection is lacking. If you don't use Magic Bands, what is the best option: a plastic card or your phone? Can you get the plastic card from the hotel front desk? Also, how do you prove your "deluxeness" at Extended Evening Hours?"

I have gone with and without MBs recently and think without is totally fine! I had no problem pulling my plastic ticket out to tap into Genie+/ ILLs and park entrance. No biggie. I bought the kids lanyards but kept mine just in a pocket by itself. I didn't want to rely on my phone. A day at Disney is enough of a battery killer. I didn't need to give it any more of a workout. :)

2) Is it worth getting Magic Bands if they can't be used to pay for items? We might purchase them on our first day (a non-park day for us) at Disney Springs because the online selection is lacking. If you don't use Magic Bands, what is the best option: a plastic card or your phone? Can you get the plastic card from the hotel front desk?
Hello! I just returned from a stay at the Dolphin yesterday. We used Magic Bands. In 2021, my family obtained plastic cards at the EPCOT entrance before we entered the park.
Also, how do you prove your "deluxeness" at Extended Evening Hours?

I have never heard of this phenomenon. I had no problem with my account maintaining our Dolphin reservation confirmation number.
Yes, you can go to the ice cream section to the right of the restaurant to get just frozen treats.
5) Given that it's new, is there anything else quirky about the Swan Reserve that I should know with respect to buses, park entry, etc.? I do know that it might be worth walking to Boardwalk when I go to MK or AK because the S/D/SR buses don't drop you off right up front.
Absolutely worth it to use Boardwalk buses! Minnie Vans also pick up at the Swan or Dolphin lobbies. I'm Not sure about the Swan Reserve but you can check the Lyft app ahead of time.

2) Is it worth getting Magic Bands if they can't be used to pay for items? We might purchase them on our first day (a non-park day for us) at Disney Springs because the online selection is lacking. If you don't use Magic Bands, what is the best option: a plastic card or your phone? Can you get the plastic card from the hotel front desk? Also, how do you prove your "deluxeness" at Extended Evening Hours?

1. Not sure about the ticket showing up, I havent bought a package in over 25 years.

2. You can use the plastic tickets just pick them up at GS at international gate. I use a MB and so does my son but his SO uses a ticket. Just personal preference. I had to show my reservation on MDE a few times for EE and late hours so MB no help there.

3. I think I've had my reservation drop once, otherwise no problems. Just make it a habit of checking it morning of.

4. Yep, Fountain still has walk up window.

5. The buses actually drop you off a tad closer at AK and right at the entrance to TTC at MK. I don't think the walk is any closer than BW you just have to take the monorail or ferry so it does add a tad more time. I'd stick with Swan bus for AK and dealer's choice on MK.

What are the odds of a late checkout at the Swan Reserve for Gold Elite? I’ve read it almost never happens at the Swan or Dolphin but the Reserve appears to have a little slower pace…? I know Gold status means basically nothing at this point.

I’m not counting on it, but am wondering if I should even consider it an option…

What are the odds of a late checkout at the Swan Reserve for Gold Elite? I’ve read it almost never happens at the Swan or Dolphin but the Reserve appears to have a little slower pace…? I know Gold status means basically nothing at this point.

I’m not counting on it, but am wondering if I should even consider it an option…

I got late check out on my trip earlier this month (I am Titanium though). I think a lot of it depends on room turnover - so more likely to get late check out in the middle of the week VS on a FRI/Sat/Sun.

My best advice is to use the CHAT feature in the Marriot app - and do it the afternoon before checkout. They ALWAYS say no when I ask at check in but if I wait until the night before I've gotten it 3 out of 5 times.

They may take an hour or so to get back to you but it also means they have time to look up your options rather than give a quick no. I used the Chat to not only ask for (and get) late check out but also to get the room serviced (I had 2 conference calls while on my last trip I needed to do in the room).

If they DO give you late check out, you will probably need new keys as the original keys will stop working around 11 AM. I did this before heading back to my room and had no problems day of check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter