• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

was thinking about staying at swan in middle of January, anyone know when they would release their ap discount for that time frame? jan 10-14 deluxe balcony room is 519 under the discount as of now, but that seems high for that time of year

I’m seeing $516 avg. per night for those dates, using an AP discount with all taxes and the resort fee ($40) included. That’s $419 before taxes and fees. Standard flexible rate for those nights is $634 with taxes and fees included/$524 without. Looks like the AP discount they are offering for your days is only 20%.

I have a deluxe balcony room reserved at the swan for late Nov/early Dec this year, and it’s still at the 30% AP discount. Hope that doesn’t mean the AP discount Is going to 20% in 2024. I love the 30%!

So we are staying at the Swan from 6/23-7/6. Total including taxes and fees is just under $6200. 😳

I took the advice from experiences Disboard members and paid an extra $400 to have a flexible room rate.

However, as prices fluctuate I’m completely locked in now because the Swan is “sold out” for one portion of our trip. I think it’s just one of the weekends. It’s not sold out the entire 13 days. I cannot rebook because they show no availability.

There is, however, availability at The Dolphin and Swan Reserve.

Our room now is 2 queens, resort view deluxe with balcony. We have two adults and two teens. (What does the “deluxe” refer to anyway?? It appears to be a standard 340 sq ft room.)

To SWITCH to the Swan Reserve 2 queens Epcot view (no balcony I think?) would add $400. 2 queens no view would save $100.

To SWITCH to the Dolphin, 2 *Doubles*, resort view deluxe, with balcony would save us $900.

Both of these are *not* flexible rates.

Husband is 6’2”. Not sure if the double beds would fly, which is why I picked the Swan in the first place. But it WOULD be nice to be in the same building as the laundry facilities…

We are lowly Gold Elite members on Bonvoy. There is a slim chance for an upgrade at the Swan Reserve since they appear to have more available options.

I’m still choking at paying an average of $475 a night (incl taxes and fees) for a Marriott hotel room. When I booked it I was really hoping to catch and rebook at a lower price. That didn’t work out.

What would you do? Leave it alone? Save by moving to the Dolphin and deal with the smaller beds? Pay roughly the same but move to the Swan Reserve (losing the balcony) and pray for the possibility of an upgrade?

Our arrival is in about 35 days. What are the odds things will get cheaper in the next few weeks?
I think anyone booking nonrefundable rates better be able to stomach losing every penny and getting nothing. If you are having trouble stomaching your current rate this doesn’t sound like you. Life happens. Trips get cancelled. Swolphin does not refund non-refundable rates. Exception is if you bought third party cancel anytime trip insurance, then you’re golden if you have to cancel. Book whatever you want.

I’m seeing $516 avg. per night for those dates, using an AP discount with all taxes and the resort fee ($40) included. That’s $419 before taxes and fees. Standard flexible rate for those nights is $634 with taxes and fees included/$524 without. Looks like the AP discount they are offering for your days is only 20%.

I have a deluxe balcony room reserved at the swan for late Nov/early Dec this year, and it’s still at the 30% AP discount. Hope that doesn’t mean the AP discount Is going to 20% in 2024. I love the 30%!
I've noticed throughout the years that the closer you get the better the discount. I think it's just too far out at the moment and when they need to fill rooms they will increase discount

So we are staying at the Swan from 6/23-7/6. Total including taxes and fees is just under $6200. 😳

I took the advice from experiences Disboard members and paid an extra $400 to have a flexible room rate.

However, as prices fluctuate I’m completely locked in now because the Swan is “sold out” for one portion of our trip. I think it’s just one of the weekends. It’s not sold out the entire 13 days. I cannot rebook because they show no availability.

There is, however, availability at The Dolphin and Swan Reserve.

Our room now is 2 queens, resort view deluxe with balcony. We have two adults and two teens. (What does the “deluxe” refer to anyway?? It appears to be a standard 340 sq ft room.)

To SWITCH to the Swan Reserve 2 queens Epcot view (no balcony I think?) would add $400. 2 queens no view would save $100.

To SWITCH to the Dolphin, 2 *Doubles*, resort view deluxe, with balcony would save us $900.

Both of these are *not* flexible rates.

Husband is 6’2”. Not sure if the double beds would fly, which is why I picked the Swan in the first place. But it WOULD be nice to be in the same building as the laundry facilities…

We are lowly Gold Elite members on Bonvoy. There is a slim chance for an upgrade at the Swan Reserve since they appear to have more available options.

I’m still choking at paying an average of $475 a night (incl taxes and fees) for a Marriott hotel room. When I booked it I was really hoping to catch and rebook at a lower price. That didn’t work out.

What would you do? Leave it alone? Save by moving to the Dolphin and deal with the smaller beds? Pay roughly the same but move to the Swan Reserve (losing the balcony) and pray for the possibility of an upgrade?

Our arrival is in about 35 days. What are the odds things will get cheaper in the next few weeks?

Keep in mind the Dolphin also has a much smaller bathroom to go with the smaller beds. It is set up more like a Disney value, with one sink outside and a small shower/toilet room. The bathrooms at the Swan typically have a larger main area with a shower, sink, and toilet, and a second sink outside of that space.

The laundry room being at the Dolphin and staying at the Swan is not a big deal at all. I wouldn't even consider that when deciding between the resorts.

I think anyone booking nonrefundable rates better be able to stomach losing every penny and getting nothing. If you are having trouble stomaching your current rate this doesn’t sound like you. Life happens. Trips get cancelled. Swolphin does not refund non-refundable rates. Exception is if you bought third party cancel anytime trip insurance, then you’re golden if you have to cancel. Book whatever you want.
Yep...we were very fortunate to get our nonrefundable room at the Dolphin refunded when we had to cancel our weekend stay over the 50th, but that was during the height of covid and they absolutely did not have to do it. (As an aside, the customer service we were given during that experience made me very happy to do business with Marriott in the future.)

If it’s really important. Book a second room at the cheapest price available for one night. Room only. You can make reservation with that room, for ten days anyway.

You don’t have to sleep in the room. Just check in. That way you do not skirt any rules, Disney makes a few hundred, and you get reservations.

I am solo so the ADR is not a thing as I can almost always get a walk up but if I were set on one particular meal. I’d do it.
Am I missing something? 60 days out you can make an ADR for 60 plus the length of your stay, up to an extra 10 days

was thinking about staying at swan in middle of January, anyone know when they would release their ap discount for that time frame? jan 10-14 deluxe balcony room is 519 under the discount as of now, but that seems high for that time of year
If you put in the code... it only shows the current discount. You get the price, or you get nothing...

January is a busy time for conventions, races and team competitions.... many of which have already booked their rooms. If your dates fall on one of these date, then yeah the rate will be higher as there is less availability.

I've got the 7th through the 12th booked, at $240 a night... but I booked it back in January when dates first became available. It's a matter of dynamic pricing and heavy demand.

I will say that often about 30 days out they get some inventory back from 3rd parties and that can open up availability and drop prices. You can book now and keep checking and if prices fall... have it adjusted or rebook.

I tried searching, but I can’t find the answer… I seem to remember a reservation at the SwanAndDolphin falling off of my Disney experience the day before check-in… will this have any effect on the extra evening hours? it was a very last-minute reservation so I didn’t need it to book dining reservations or use it to book theme park reservations, but I was wondering if there was any reason I would need to add it back on if I was planning to utilize the extra evening magic hours?

I tried searching, but I can’t find the answer… I seem to remember a reservation at the SwanAndDolphin falling off of my Disney experience the day before check-in… will this have any effect on the extra evening hours? it was a very last-minute reservation so I didn’t need it to book dining reservations or use it to book theme park reservations, but I was wondering if there was any reason I would need to add it back on if I was planning to utilize the extra evening magic hours?
Yes, you will need it attached to MDE for deluxe late hours Or, at least , I did.

Sadly that isn't uncommon even now.... yes you'll need to go back into MDE and restore you conformation number in order to use Genie or participate in Extra Evening Hours. I've got where I make a quick not of the conformation number, and each morning I check to make sure it's still in my MDE.

We are checking in on Monday and we’re hoping someone could post any of the resort activities that are going on on this Monday (Memorial day). I know they wouldn’t normally have a DJ at the pool or anything unique on a regular Monday but was wondering if they would have anything special going on since it’s the actual holiday. We would really appreciate it!! Thank you!

Not to exceed your length of stay. One night stay means you can book only 60 days out, not 60+ 10.
I think I have been able to in the past but that is very much in the before days. And probably I had a second on property stay so it may have recognized that..

Sorry for the not a viable option post.

I think I have been able to in the past but that is very much in the before days. And probably I had a second on property stay so it may have recognized that..

Sorry for the not a viable option post.
There was a weird glitch sometime a long while back. I noticed that ressies were makable way beyond my stay dates. That’s an IT glitch that was fixed, so this is probably what you noticed back then.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get SNAs to clear into suites at the reserve? One or two night stays…

Also, do I understand that the Swan Reserve Junior Suites are really not Junior Suites at all, but just slightly larger rooms? (I.e. no separate door between bedroom and living room)

And… while I”m thinking about it… the Family Rooms/Studios at the Dolphin… they do not include a door between the living and sleeping areas, correct? Just a partial wall that is cutout?

Does anyone know how easy it is to get SNAs to clear into suites at the reserve? One or two night stays…

Also, do I understand that the Swan Reserve Junior Suites are really not Junior Suites at all, but just slightly larger rooms? (I.e. no separate door between bedroom and living room)

And… while I”m thinking about it… the Family Rooms/Studios at the Dolphin… they do not include a door between the living and sleeping areas, correct? Just a partial wall that is cutout?
It wasn't a SNA, but last year when we arrived we got an upgrade to a Signature Suite at the Reserve (as a Platinum member). I don't know how it actually works, but I'd think SNAs would get higher priority than at-check-in upgrades.

I do believe you're correct about the Junior Suites. I probably wouldn't list that as a SNA option if it were me. It doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade to use an SNA on, unless maybe your SNAs were in danger of expiring. We did enjoy the Signature Suite though. Neither room is very large, but overall it was very comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter