Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We just got back a few days ago from the Swan. It was our first stay here. The hotel needs an update but other then that it was great. We were asked at check in if we wanted to upgrade to a balcony room. We declined. To our surprise, when we got to our room, we did have a balcony at no extra charge since we declined the upgrade.

We did a combination of buses from the Swan and the Boardwalk. The buses from the Swan were great in the morning for extra hours. However, the 2 days that we came back at about 12:30 from Animal Kingdom we waited 30-60 minutes for a bus.

The Swan rooms do have the shampoo, conditioner and body wash bottles attached to the shower.

The waterfall is now working. Though we didn't use the pool much as it was pretty chilly when we were there.

When you were coming back from Animal Kingdom, do you remember if you would have had a shorter wait if you had gone to the Beach or Yacht club? I've never park hopped before and am trying to figure out what our day will look like.

When you were coming back from Animal Kingdom, do you remember if you would have had a shorter wait if you had gone to the Beach or Yacht club? I've never park hopped before and am trying to figure out what our day will look like.
One of my worst bus waits was the BC/YC/BWI bus from AK in the afternoon, 45 mins. Such is the nature of Disney bussing. No way would I pick a Disney bus thinking it would save time over a Swolphin bus (unless it's MK obvs). The only way you can count on coming back quickly from AK is a rideshare or MV.

Actually, I'm a fan of rideshares for AK as they pickup/drop off closer than most of the disney buses actually, same-ish area as Swolphin buses use.

Hi S/D/SR experts. Rookie here still bumbling through my first upcoming S/D/SR stay. I am finally linked in MDE for both rooms and I know to watch the reservations don't disappear there, but I have a question for you experts - We have two rooms booked (two confirmation numbers) but booked under Marriott member (my husband) at SR for 12/26 - 12/31/23. We have 5 suite nights available to use and my SR reservations (2 rooms X 5 nights) doesn't have the option to apply for the suite nights. Would you think it's because the total is actually 10 nights (2 rooms X 5 nights) even though they both have their own confirmation number OR do you think it's because its Christmas week and in between the two holidays? I see I can apply for the suite nights on other reservations, just not these.

Trying save a deeper dive and many phone calls (SR or Marriott) unless you think I should reach out to SR or Marriott?

Thanks for any insight!

Best.

Anyone has recent experience using Marriott SNAs (suite night rewards) at the Swan Reserve? We have two concurrent three night stays coming up this summer where we have booked the base level rooms and applied SNAs to each room for suite upgrades. As the Swan Reserve seems pretty suite heavy I was curious to see if anyone had recent experience or success using SNAs there? Thanks!

We used the Swan and Dolphin bus coming back from Animal Kingdom and there was very little wait, it was a Mears bus with cloth seats and it dropped us right at the Swan (no more walking after a day where we put in 29000 steps!)

There was a gentleman in a reflective vest in the parking lot making sure that everyone got on the correct bus.

I think in our case Boardwalk would have been faster. We think it was close to a shift change because on our second day she said she was done after dropping us off. I think she was hanging out at the resort or just driving slow in hopes of not having to drive anyone back or to make it her last trip.

In the middle of the day there wasn't anyone in a vest telling people what bus was for which resort. We had to go ask the drivers.

Anyone has recent experience using Marriott SNAs (suite night rewards) at the Swan Reserve? We have two concurrent three night stays coming up this summer where we have booked the base level rooms and applied SNAs to each room for suite upgrades. As the Swan Reserve seems pretty suite heavy I was curious to see if anyone had recent experience or success using SNAs there? Thanks!
Plan on it not going through and be happy if it does. I had a trip mid-Mar that ended up during a huge conference, my SNA did not clear. A poster here was the week before me their SNA did clear.

Hi S/D/SR experts. Rookie here still bumbling through my first upcoming S/D/SR stay. I am finally linked in MDE for both rooms and I know to watch the reservations don't disappear there, but I have a question for you experts - We have two rooms booked (two confirmation numbers) but booked under Marriott member (my husband) at SR for 12/26 - 12/31/23. We have 5 suite nights available to use and my SR reservations (2 rooms X 5 nights) doesn't have the option to apply for the suite nights. Would you think it's because the total is actually 10 nights (2 rooms X 5 nights) even though they both have their own confirmation number OR do you think it's because its Christmas week and in between the two holidays? I see I can apply for the suite nights on other reservations, just not these.

Trying save a deeper dive and many phone calls (SR or Marriott) unless you think I should reach out to SR or Marriott?

Thanks for any insight!

Best.
I wouldn’t waste anytime tracking it down because at prime season you have a snowball’s chance in hell of that clearing. And when it doesn’t clear it expires before you get a chance to use them again. But that’s just me, you may find those odds good enough to try… if so I’d try booking a third refundable room for those dates, separate from the others and see if you can apply the certs then.

Last edited:
Plan on it not going through and be happy if it does. I had a trip mid-Mar that ended up during a huge conference, my SNA did not clear. A poster here was the week before me their SNA did clear.

I wouldn’t waste anytime tracking it down because at prime season you have a snowball’s chance in hell of that clearing. And when it doesn’t clear it expires before you get a chance to use them again. But that’s just me, you may find those odds good enough to try… if so I’d try booking a third refundable room for those dates, separate from the others and see if you can apply the certs then.
Great idea. I should try that, but I agree about the dates! Appreciate it!

What’s the benefit of booking Swolphin through Disney? (Not being sarcastic, genuinely curious. I always go straight to Marriott.)
I’d be booking from Uk so price is in £ Sterling and includes resort fees which means it’s a known quantity for me as I don’t have to take the exchange rate into account. Sometimes that works in my favour sometimes not but it’s always worth checking. I’ve only signed up to Bonvoy so no rewards build up as yet but I reckon a 14 night stay is a good way to start.

I was upgraded in March using SNAs and it was great. I posted the updates and photos of the room in this thread sometime in early March if you want to find it.

Thanks for any insight!

Best.
So you are correct that it is for 10 nights. When you have 2 rooms, you have to use the certificates for both rooms. And since you only have 5, you can't apply them.

What’s the benefit of booking Swolphin through Disney? (Not being sarcastic, genuinely curious. I always go straight to Marriott.)
Swolphin can only be booked through Disney as a package with tickets. Then money for tickets isn't being paid until 30 days before other than the $200 package deposit. Also Magical Extras are included with Disney package - the mini golf benefit is great with Fantasia Gardens being across the street. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/vacation-package-magical-extras/

So you are correct that it is for 10 nights. When you have 2 rooms, you have to use the certificates for both rooms. And since you only have 5, you can't apply them.
Thanks. Pretty annoying since I actually called SR before I chose the suite nights as I wasn't going to take the suite nights with my bonus choices but they assured me that there were 2 queen bed standard rooms that would connect to the suite if I only had suite nights for one of the two rooms. I wouldn't have choosen the suite nights if I couldn't use them for this trip. I will never get another 5 suite nights prior to December. lol. Bummer. But thanks for the info.

Picabu

Hours of Operation:

Monday - Thursday: Breakfast: 7:00am -

11:00am | Dinner: 5:00pm - 12:00am

Friday - Sunday: Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am

| Lunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm | Dinner: 5:00pm - 12:00am

Dolphin Lower Level

A curious gallery of evocative art and America's favorite foods. Self-service dining, snack items, and beer and wine available for purchase. Taqueria, Pizza Your Way, Chicken Meals and Kids Meals offered along with breakfast on the weekends.
Thank you!

We used the Swan and Dolphin bus coming back from Animal Kingdom and there was very little wait, it was a Mears bus with cloth seats and it dropped us right at the Swan (no more walking after a day where we put in 29000 steps!)

There was a gentleman in a reflective vest in the parking lot making sure that everyone got on the correct bus.
I've read that bus service to and from AK is generally quite good.

Don't rely on late checkout either if you're Elite. We weren't Ambassador yet (we usually just confirm we can check out at 3/4pm) and it was a surprise since every Marriott hotel we've ever stayed at has given us some form of late checkout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter