Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Am I correct in remembering that there is no way to avoid paying a double resort fee if booking 2 rooms on points? Also, no way to guarantee they connect, just a request only?

From the Swan to MCO…
How long before a flight should you leave to the airport?
Using Uber for a 7:30pm flight.
Thanks for advice!
I like to be leaving my WDW resort about 2.5 hours before my flight time when I am checking a bag and using TSA pre-check. Dropping off bags takes like 30 minutes these days, it depends on your airline but I find the Delta line is always so long and slow. This always leaves me enough time to get some lunch and chill a little bit. If you don't have pre-check I'd probably be leaving at least three hours before my flight, earlier if it's a school holiday. I usually wait 5-15 minutes for security using pre-check.

https://www.orlandoairports.net
You can check wait times by gate the day of your flight and get an idea if they are long or not. On a good day they're under 30 minutes, but they can creep up to an hour long even when it's not a school holiday.

Does the dolphin have a place to fill a bottle with filtered water? Like the self serve soda machines at the Disney Resorts? I need to limit tap water (medical) and just trying to figure out if I can refil my hydro flask or if I need to buy some. I know you get a couple of bottles when you check in but didn’t know if those get replenished.

From the Swan to MCO…
How long before a flight should you leave to the airport?
Using Uber for a 7:30pm flight.
Thanks for advice!
MCO is a mess. Unless you have TSA pre-check, I would plan to leave the hotel 3.5 hours before your flight. yes, 3 hours at the airport before a domestic flight is excessive but the airport lines can be so terrible. I'd much rather kill time at the airport than be stressed about missing my flight.

MCO is a mess. Unless you have TSA pre-check, I would plan to leave the hotel 3.5 hours before your flight. yes, 3 hours at the airport before a domestic flight is excessive but the airport lines can be so terrible. I'd much rather kill time at the airport than be stressed about missing my flight.
At MCO even the TSA lines can be long. Thankfully they usually have multiples open so I’ve never waited more than 10-20 minutes but it’s one of the airports that I never cut close. Never less than 2 hours even with Precheck.

Does the dolphin have a place to fill a bottle with filtered water? Like the self serve soda machines at the Disney Resorts? I need to limit tap water (medical) and just trying to figure out if I can refil my hydro flask or if I need to buy some. I know you get a couple of bottles when you check in but didn’t know if those get replenished.
In the last rerub they didn't add any, though may have changed. We prefered to a case of water, we'd top off our bottles with ice at night then add cold water in the AM while in our room. FL tap water sucks, and IMHO Disney could (and should) do a much better job of water filliing stations, but buying bottled water makes them to much money.

Am I correct in remembering that there is no way to avoid paying a double resort fee if booking 2 rooms on points? Also, no way to guarantee they connect, just a request only?
Marriott does NOT waive the resort fee for.point stays The resort fee is per room per night.

Why do you have enough doubt to even ask?

Edited to add I'm asking if you read something which suggested some kind of loophole.

Last edited:

In years past if you had connecting rooms it could be combined into a "suite" - sometimes. This came up in a previous discussion. I seem to recall this happened, but mostly I recall it was when the room was initially booked, but it it could have been from the suites that have option for lock-off rooms.

In the last rerub they didn't add any, though may have changed. We prefered to a case of water, we'd top off our bottles with ice at night then add cold water in the AM while in our room. FL tap water sucks, and IMHO Disney could (and should) do a much better job of water filliing stations, but buying bottled water makes them to much money.
Agree I don’t love FL water and usually just get water out of the food court soda machines when I’m at Disney. Now with an added medical element I really am trying to limit tap water even at home.

I think I’m going to end up doing a grocery delivery so I’ll just add some purified water to the cart. Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can transfer luggage from Pop Century to the Swan Reserve using bell services? I had to add a night at Pop prior to staying at the Reserve and would like to avoid paying for an uber/lyft if possible.

Does anyone know if you can transfer luggage from Pop Century to the Swan Reserve using bell services? I had to add a night at Pop prior to staying at the Reserve and would like to avoid paying for an uber/lyft if possible.
I would also add that if you use bell services at Pop, make sure they write down "Swan Reserve" and NOT "Swan" or "Swan/Dolphin" or any other combination. And look at what they write down, don't just take their word for it. A lot of the WDW CMs are a bit unfamiliar with the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve being three completely different hotels and will write a weird combination of the three and then you'll get a call when you're in the parks asking what resort you're going to so they can move your bags to the correct place. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything :rotfl:

I would also add that if you use bell services at Pop, make sure they write down "Swan Reserve" and NOT "Swan" or "Swan/Dolphin" or any other combination. And look at what they write down, don't just take their word for it. A lot of the WDW CMs are a bit unfamiliar with the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve being three completely different hotels and will write a weird combination of the three and then you'll get a call when you're in the parks asking what resort you're going to so they can move your bags to the correct place. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything :rotfl:
Thanks so much for the information. I know about the Swan/Swan Reserve. I was staying at the Reserve and the Mears Van shuttle went to the Swan instead. We got it figured out, when the text stated the ride was waiting for me and no ride was at the Reserve. I made my flight, but it was stressful. I am still trying to get a room in the Epcot area for one night but, it is expensive.

Thanks so much for the information. I know about the Swan/Swan Reserve. I was staying at the Reserve and the Mears Van shuttle went to the Swan instead. We got it figured out, when the text stated the ride was waiting for me and no ride was at the Reserve. I made my flight, but it was stressful. I am still trying to get a room in the Epcot area for one night but, it is expensive.
My Mears driver tried to drop me at the Swan too, when I was at Dolphin. He realized almost right away (brain fart) but I’m glad I knew I was at the wrong place or I’d have been in for an unpleasant surprise since I had so many bags! That is definitely stressful since yours was picking you up! The bag transfer is super seamless in my experience, having used it three times (both directions) in the last 6 months. I did have air tags in my luggage which gave me peace of mind.

We just got back a few days ago from the Swan. It was our first stay here. The hotel needs an update but other then that it was great. We were asked at check in if we wanted to upgrade to a balcony room. We declined. To our surprise, when we got to our room, we did have a balcony at no extra charge since we declined the upgrade.

We did a combination of buses from the Swan and the Boardwalk. The buses from the Swan were great in the morning for extra hours. However, the 2 days that we came back at about 12:30 from Animal Kingdom we waited 30-60 minutes for a bus.

The Swan rooms do have the shampoo, conditioner and body wash bottles attached to the shower.

The waterfall is now working. Though we didn't use the pool much as it was pretty chilly when we were there.

At the Dolphin now until Sat. if anyone needs me to look at something, let me know. In a resort view room 16101 which looks right across to the Swan, some of Boardwalk and if I lean on the window toward the edge, some of Epcot. I got offered an upgrade to a balcony for $69 per night, for that and what I'm paying a night in parking I could have stayed in BW so turned it down.

At the Dolphin now until Sat. if anyone needs me to look at something, let me know. In a resort view room 16101 which looks right across to the Swan, some of Boardwalk and if I lean on the window toward the edge, some of Epcot. I got offered an upgrade to a balcony for $69 per night, for that and what I'm paying a night in parking I could have stayed in BW so turned it down.
What are the hours of the quick serve buffeteria (whose name I am blanking on?)

What are the hours of the quick serve buffeteria (whose name I am blanking on?)
Picabu

Hours of Operation:

Monday - Thursday: Breakfast: 7:00am -

11:00am | Dinner: 5:00pm - 12:00am

Friday - Sunday: Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am

| Lunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm | Dinner: 5:00pm - 12:00am

Dolphin Lower Level

A curious gallery of evocative art and America's favorite foods. Self-service dining, snack items, and beer and wine available for purchase. Taqueria, Pizza Your Way, Chicken Meals and Kids Meals offered along with breakfast on the weekends.

We just got back a few days ago from the Swan. It was our first stay here. The hotel needs an update but other then that it was great. We were asked at check in if we wanted to upgrade to a balcony room. We declined. To our surprise, when we got to our room, we did have a balcony at no extra charge since we declined the upgrade.

We did a combination of buses from the Swan and the Boardwalk. The buses from the Swan were great in the morning for extra hours. However, the 2 days that we came back at about 12:30 from Animal Kingdom we waited 30-60 minutes for a bus.

The Swan rooms do have the shampoo, conditioner and body wash bottles attached to the shower.

The waterfall is now working. Though we didn't use the pool much as it was pretty chilly when we were there.
What type of room did you have that came with a balcony? We like to sit outside after the kids go to bed, so it is sort of important.

What type of room did you have that came with a balcony? We like to sit outside after the kids go to bed, so it is sort of important.
We just booked a standard room through Disney. They asked us if we wanted to upgrade to a balcony for like $50 a night, or something like that, and we declined. They upgraded us anyways without us having to pay for the upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter