Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Good morning! Just returned from a two night stay at Swan. We have been to the property multiple times, but first time at Swan! Will definitely be our go to from now on as long as pricing/point values are comparable. Def was a smaller building, had the bigger beds, and the walk seemed slightly faster to EP. Java was never that crowded, even through the nasty weather we were there for (Nicole). We also enjoyed our adult dinner at Kimonos and felt better leaving the kids upstairs while we ate. Anyway....question about my bill.....

I have two duplicate charges of $253 on my credit card, but not on my folio. Any folio we received shows the correct charges for our hotel stay plus the upgrade fee for the Executive Suite (awesome btw).

Before I spend time inquiring/disputing this - could this be a hold that might get returned? It's been over a week since we checked out.

Finally - DH made one night reservation and I made the second, and they linked them together so we didn't have to change rooms. But I see a $45 back to back charge on there that they never told me about. Anyone know?

Thanks!!!!!

@JJ2017 It very well could be a hold. I'd probably start off with a text chat, let them look into that and the $45 charge. Do you see a charge for the resort fee in addition to the $45?

Can you provide some detail on exactly how the breakfast vouchers work for Platinum/Titanium? Thanks!
  • Are they physical vouchers issued at check-in?
  • Do they have a dollar value, or are they good for 1 "meal"?
  • Can they be used for room service?
Yes, physical cards.
Good for free continental breakfast. Otherwise, I believe it's $10 per person per day (so $20 per day) or you can use it to upgrade to the buffet ($14.99 person).
Not to my knowledge - no

Yes - I see the resort fee also listed. What is the text chat???
If you don't yet have the SwanDolphin Mobile App, grab it. Then click on I'm on Property, then click on the Text Us! You may end up having to call, but try the text first. Copy down your reservation number so you can share that in the chat, anything to help them find you reservation quickly. If you get the info you want, be sure to screen cap it and save it, until everything gets sorted out.

I totally didn't notice your second post ;) I thought it was a double post ;)

@JJ2017 that's awesome, did they say what the charges were even for?
It looks like they double charged us since we technically had two rooms, but once we paid for the upgrade for the executive suite, should have just been considered “one” room. At least what’s what I’m thinking.

Anyone have issues with S&D pre-paid deposits getting refunded? I had a 1 night stay canceled well before the cancellation period. Been about 3 weeks and still no refund. Will follow up soon but curious.

I’ve been checking multiple times a day for months for any room at S/D/SR for our trip in February - and nothing!!

I’ve never seen bookings so tough to get! I’m hoping some conference holds open up, but in my gut, I suspect it’s a combo of school vacation and Princess Half Marathon weekend.

Our back-up is WL - which we love, and maybe it’s better to not be tempted with so much walking to Epcot and DHS when I’m running all 3 races?

We love the S/D/SR though!

Anyone have issues with S&D pre-paid deposits getting refunded? I had a 1 night stay canceled well before the cancellation period. Been about 3 weeks and still no refund. Will follow up soon but curious.
I had a delayed refund on a canceled Swan reservation last year. I called the Swan and was given an e-mail address to contact (I think it was accounting@swandolphin.com but am not 100 percent sure). I did so and had the refund in a day or two. I sent my details (reservation number, stay dates, date of deposit, last few digits of the credit card used, cancellation date and cancellation number) in the e-mail.

I had a delayed refund on a canceled Swan reservation last year. I called the Swan and was given an e-mail address to contact (I think it was accounting@swandolphin.com but am not 100 percent sure). I did so and had the refund in a day or two. I sent my details (reservation number, stay dates, date of deposit, last few digits of the credit card used, cancellation date and cancellation number) in the e-mail.
Fantastic - thank you. I figure I'd have to go directly through the hotel and not corporate/Marriott. It's odd because I've always had the deposits refunded a few days after canceling.

Yes, but... make sure you have the ability to show you have your ADR or the gate security might turn you away. I'm not sure when Mears starts running but @Ross Kratter might know, but I figure is Disney is open taxi drivers will be around. For a taxi you can also ask valet and most can summons one near by. Uber/Lyft will work too.

Yes, but... make sure you have the ability to show you have your ADR or the gate security might turn you away. I'm not sure when Mears starts running but @Ross Kratter might know, but I figure is Disney is open taxi drivers will be around. For a taxi you can also ask valet and most can summons one near by. Uber/Lyft will work too.
Mears taxis operate 24/7. Mears also has black cars waiting at the Swan and Dolphin throughout the day.

Will we be able to take a taxi from Swan and get dropped at Contemporary for an early breakfast reservation?

Yes but YMMV on without a reservation. I've gone slow-season without a reservation for the Steakhouse 71 lounge without issue and other times, busy times, they've asked for my reservation, which I've had.

I made a 3rd party booking for our stay at the Dolphin, so I had to call in to get the Marriott confirmation number to link to MDE. I was able to use the Marriott confirmation they gave me to link the stay to my Marriott profile. I’m curious if we might get our breakfast vouchers for being platinum despite not booking direct.

Has anyone else with higher Marriott status done this & received status perks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter