• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Is this still happening? The language on the Marriott site has changed to 'bottled water, for a fee.' Of course it also says high-speed internet, for a fee.
We last stayed at Dolphin in April and got 2 bottles per day, had always thought this was included for marriott rewards members only, not all guests.

Can you buy cases of water at the Swan? Thanks!
I never saw cases of water at Swan or Dolphin. I always check since we drink a ton of water and we usually pack a few gallons and some cases since we drive in but if we run out or forget, I always know where to go nearby. If you really need water, you can drive to the speedway across the street, they usually have non-refrigerated cases or hit the Publix/WalMart at Vineland. If you don't have a car, you can get some groceries delivered using a myriad of apps.

The Screen Door at the Boardwalk has cases of water bottles I think...

We last stayed at Dolphin in April and got 2 bottles per day, had always thought this was included for marriott rewards members only, not all guests.

I never saw cases of water at Swan or Dolphin. I always check since we drink a ton of water and we usually pack a few gallons and some cases since we drive in but if we run out or forget, I always know where to go nearby. If you really need water, you can drive to the speedway across the street, they usually have non-refrigerated cases or hit the Publix/WalMart at Vineland. If you don't have a car, you can get some groceries delivered using a myriad of apps.
Yes, on both. BW or Speedway. Or any of the many grocery delivery services available.

I would have driven back to Dolphin's entrance, parked with the flashers, and gone inside to the front desk, and then allowed a member of management to figure it out with the parking staff while I went to my room. If they chose to treat me like hot garbage for their room rates, there is no chance I'd return. I'm not a jerk, and I know that in the service industry, a big party can throw stuff off, and they may have had to grab some new, inexperienced staff, and perhaps the SR peeps didn't get the memo about parking - all that is understandable, and I've dealt with similar, but smaller issues first hand as a customer, and as an employee. If they have service issues like that because of the party, I don't believe I have to suffer for it, and have time wasted for that amount of money. Nope. Hard no for me. Even MY blood is boiling for you on this one.

BTW - huge fan of Swan/Dolphin here. I've never had any sort of bad issues. For the most part, I've been extremely happy there, and it's the first place I'd try to book when going to Wallyworld.

I wish I’d done that! I guess I’m a little inexperienced with how to handle this sort of thing! My DD13 also asked me to please not be too embarrassing about it. :laughing:

Next morning, I received my folio with no adjustment to the parking charge. I stopped at the front desk and all they would do for me was turn the parking charge into a credit that had to be used in the hotel - so I ended up spending that $30 on a couple of snacks and some water before we headed back to the park. With it being our last park day, and a short day at that, I didn’t want to waste any more time on it than I already had, and technically I did still get to park on-site, so I just went with it.

Later that afternoon, my daughter accidentally left her phone in the restroom by Shula’s on our way to the pool to dip our feet in the hot tub one more time before we left for the airport. By the time she realized it and I went back, it had been moved - I could see on my Life360 app that it was just outside the hotel’s east wing. I went to the Concierge to ask what might be over there and he said that maybe another guest picked it up to turn it in, but that “these GPS trackers are usually not accurate anyway and it probably isn’t even over there.” So I told him I’d take it into my own hands and I went to exactly where it showed up on my app - turns out that’s where their Security office is, and they had the phone. I described it, they brought it over, I unlocked it to prove it was ours, and I went on my way. Why does the Concierge not know that’s where Security is?? :scratchin

Definitely not going for these “bargain” Dolphin rates again in the future. I got what I paid for!

I wish I’d done that! I guess I’m a little inexperienced with how to handle this sort of thing! My DD13 also asked me to please not be too embarrassing about it. :laughing:

Next morning, I received my folio with no adjustment to the parking charge. I stopped at the front desk and all they would do for me was turn the parking charge into a credit that had to be used in the hotel - so I ended up spending that $30 on a couple of snacks and some water before we headed back to the park. With it being our last park day, and a short day at that, I didn’t want to waste any more time on it than I already had, and technically I did still get to park on-site, so I just went with it.

Later that afternoon, my daughter accidentally left her phone in the restroom by Shula’s on our way to the pool to dip our feet in the hot tub one more time before we left for the airport. By the time she realized it and I went back, it had been moved - I could see on my Life360 app that it was just outside the hotel’s east wing. I went to the Concierge to ask what might be over there and he said that maybe another guest picked it up to turn it in, but that “these GPS trackers are usually not accurate anyway and it probably isn’t even over there.” So I told him I’d take it into my own hands and I went to exactly where it showed up on my app - turns out that’s where their Security office is, and they had the phone. I described it, they brought it over, I unlocked it to prove it was ours, and I went on my way. Why does the Concierge not know that’s where Security is?? :scratchin

Definitely not going for these “bargain” Dolphin rates again in the future. I got what I paid for!
Not good at all, Beesley. I can certainly understand your feelings, fully warranted.

A credit? Oh Hell No. I would have definitely embarrassed your 13yo 😆

And the phone to top that off? WOW.

Enjoy writing your trip advisor review, it can be a nice way to vent after an experience like that.

Is the Swan Reserve still doing the room service breakfast option for Titanium members? I know the menu is limited but it was perfect for our family who likes to hit the parks early. Last year at Christmas time they included Lattes as a drink option. We loved walking out our door with lattes in hand and our kids enjoyed the croissants. It was so easy!

I just clicked through Theme Parks -> Walt Disney World -> Scrolled down and found Swan/Dolphin (Reserve is separate) -> Clicked that and says it's good through Dec 2023. 5 night minimum

Would share a link but not sure if it's ok or not. If you need a link just PM me and I'll shoot it over.
Thanks, I checked and I see it now!

Is the Swan Reserve still doing the room service breakfast option for Titanium members? I know the menu is limited but it was perfect for our family who likes to hit the parks early. Last year at Christmas time they included Lattes as a drink option. We loved walking out our door with lattes in hand and our kids enjoyed the croissants. It was so easy!
They did for Plat in mid-Sept and I got a latte. I LOVED it. I came over from the JW where I had gotten a full breakfast (but I’m not much of a breakfast person) and they didn’t open until 7am so it ate into my early mornings. Light + grab & go delivered to my door was the perfect solution for me at SR!

Just wanted to confirm that I can book length of stay dining reservations at 60 days out when staying at the Swan and the reservation is linked to my MDE? Thx

Just wanted to confirm that I can book length of stay dining reservations at 60 days out when staying at the Swan and the reservation is linked to my MDE? Thx

Swan confirmation can be added to MDE... (keep it as you might need to add it again if it drops off).

Don't think a "stay" is required for dining reservations, but if it were S/D/R are included.

I just wanted to see if it is just me or if the "bargain" that the Swan/Dolphin have always been when compared to Disney on property resorts seems to be decreasing. I was just pricing out a Spring vacation and with the AP discount at Disney the EPCOT area hotels were basically the same price for a 5 night stay as the Swan/Dolphin using the teachers discount. I can remember in many years past the Swan/Dolphin being significantly less than Disney when comparing these two. I tried several different 5 day periods and came up with the same results.

Just wanted to see if others are seeing the same thing or if it is just my specifics that may be behind this.

If this is truly the case it will be kind of a bummer as being a Bonvoy member for decades, Swan/Dolphin were always a good go to to save a bit of money while still getting the same experience (for the most part) of staying Disney Deluxe in the EPCOT area.

I just wanted to see if it is just me or if the "bargain" that the Swan/Dolphin have always been when compared to Disney on property resorts seems to be decreasing. I was just pricing out a Spring vacation and with the AP discount at Disney the EPCOT area hotels were basically the same price for a 5 night stay as the Swan/Dolphin using the teachers discount. I can remember in many years past the Swan/Dolphin being significantly less than Disney when comparing these two. I tried several different 5 day periods and came up with the same results.

Just wanted to see if others are seeing the same thing or if it is just my specifics that may be behind this.

If this is truly the case it will be kind of a bummer as being a Bonvoy member for decades, Swan/Dolphin were always a good go to to save a bit of money while still getting the same experience (for the most part) of staying Disney Deluxe in the EPCOT area.
Swan/Dolphin also has an AP discount. Code QWH. Check that against Disney Epcot AP discount and see if it makes a difference. If it's still about the same price, then I'd pick a Disney Epcot Deluxe.

Swan/Dolphin also has an AP discount. Code QWH. Check that against Disney Epcot AP discount and see if it makes a difference. If it's still about the same price, then I'd pick a Disney Epcot Deluxe.

Yeah past few days... QWH hasn't been working for me. I don't know if they have changed the AP Code, there is a glitch or they just stopped offering it?

Just get the RATE UNAVAILABLE, even tried flexible and check several months.

It is still listed https://swandolphin.com/offers/ as a special rate code.... about the same time is when the non-cancelable rates came back under standard rates.

If nothing changes, might have to see about getting a discounted AAA Membership. They talk about Marriot Members getting the best rate... but I don't really see that's really true.

If nothing changes, might have to see about getting a discounted AAA Membership. They talk about Marriot Members getting the best rate... but I don't really see that's really true.

We went though AAA at first. We canceled and booked it ourselves. All the lady did was book it though the Disney site and every time we needed to do something (make a payment or add memory maker) she would call Disney to do it. It was a pain. Now I do think that we just had a bad TA but something to watch out for. The price was the exact same when we booked it ourselves so it did not save us anything by going through them.

We went though AAA at first. We canceled and booked it ourselves. All the lady did was book it though the Disney site and every time we needed to do something (make a payment or add memory maker) she would call Disney to do it. It was a pain. Now I do think that we just had a bad TA but something to watch out for. The price was the exact same when we booked it ourselves so it did not save us anything by going through them.

Didn't mean going through AAA (or Disney), just using that discount on the Marriot booking site.... if the Passholder rate/code doesn't show back up at some point.

I've found you really need to book further in advance for Swan/Dolphin. The prices are really dynamic, even day to day. I was able to get a Swan room for the beginning of February at an all-in price of $300 per night, with an AP discount. Yacht Club with the AP discount is $430 per night for the same time.

Did you try all the different discounts (AAA, AP, Bonvoy status, etc.) from the Marriott app/webpage? Do you have points, free nights, Marriott gift cards? Bonvoy credit card? Sometimes I have to fiddle around with variations of these at any Marriott stay.

QWH the AP rate hasn't been working for me the past week or so either. Not sure if calling would make it possible but I'm probably at the lowest my dates will go anyways. I have found the AP rates to be FAR lower than deluxe rates and usually below moderate rates however they change every day, and my exact booking would vary by $100-150/night from one day to the next. So rates definitely do drop, if you get in the habit of looking once or twice a day. It's definitely a bummer if this rate code is over because I thought it gave fantastic deals when you got lucky and booked/rebooked at the right time.

All these rates include all taxes/fees:

In mid August I booked our Thanksgiving stay for three nights for $303/night. Through WDW the cheapest AP rate for a moderate is POR at about the same price, Coronado is just a bit more though surprisingly the standard tower room is available and discounted at $316 pre-tax which I don't think I've ever seen especially so late in the game. Tempting, but I want to walk to a park!

At the end of August I booked two nights around New Years for a whopping $213/night. Remember this INCLUDES the resort fee! AP discount through WDW is not available for my stay so Pop is still $242/night.

At the end of last month, I was able to rebook my Princess weekend three night stay for $280/night. With the AP discount Pop is still $291/night.

I booked all of these trips much earlier than August and was able to rebook periodically to save, so early bird doesn't always get the worm it seems.

I'm renting DVC at AKL for just over $200/night over Marathon Weekend so that really beats everything for me. I can never go back to paying rack rates through WDW again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter