• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@Dan Murphy I've always really enjoyed the After Hours! ❤️ It just gets tough to justify paying for a full day then paying again for the night. Makes for a great night for a non-park day and well worth the money for the ability hit the major rides a few times and take advantage of the treats.

I want to add that though the balcony refurb may appear underwhelming, it was certainly needed. From the looks of the un-refurbished balconies, a complete reconditioning does seem like the best way to go to keep the property looking nice. Glad to see they are doing it. :thumbsup2

1796165B-E045-4A57-B95F-EC0568CE124C.jpeg

BBD9759B-0507-4EAD-9F64-BAB0BD09D0EA.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F2906DD-D259-42C0-AAFD-90C964FA0A99.jpeg
    4F2906DD-D259-42C0-AAFD-90C964FA0A99.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I want to add that though the balcony refurb may be underwhelming, it was certainly needed. From the looks of the un-refurbished balconies, a complete reconditioning does seem like the best way to go to keep the property looking nice. Glad to see they are doing it. :thumbsup2

View attachment 708367

View attachment 708371
Yeah the balconies here aren't the best but it's something I guess. Thanks for the update!

I want to add that though the balcony refurb may be underwhelming, it was certainly needed. From the looks of the un-refurbished balconies, a complete reconditioning does seem like the best way to go to keep the property looking nice. Glad to see they are doing it. :thumbsup2

View attachment 708367

View attachment 708371
Thanks for sharing! I booked a 1 night balcony room stay at the Dolphin w/AP discount for 11/25. My first ever stay at the Dolphin, so I had no clue about the balcony refurb situation.

Thanks for sharing! I booked a 1 night balcony room stay at the Dolphin w/AP discount for 11/25. My first ever stay at the Dolphin, so I had no clue about the balcony refurb situation.

I am actually enjoying my balcony a lot. Through the Bonvoy app, I requested a “room with a working balcony away from the construction.” The view I got is very nice, and you would not know there is construction going on at all.

I am actually enjoying my balcony a lot. Through the Bonvoy app, I requested a “room with a working balcony away from the construction.” The view I got is very nice, and you would not know there is construction going on at all.

I’m about to book a night here through the app as well and I’m really glad I saw your post first. Great tip!

I want to add that though the balcony refurb may appear underwhelming, it was certainly needed. From the looks of the un-refurbished balconies, a complete reconditioning does seem like the best way to go to keep the property looking nice. Glad to see they are doing it. :thumbsup2

View attachment 708367

View attachment 708371

@JoJoGirl Thanks for the pictures and the up close shots. It does look better and could be more then just cosmetic work going on too.
Thanks for the closeups, JJG. Were those tree like items on the balcony fence?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter