Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Will be there next week, hoping it's functional. Will report back.
Is there a working hot tub at the Swan? We will be there in November and coming from the desert SW so that’s hot tub weather for us, not pool weather. is there more than one at Swolphin? Which is better, less likely to have lots of kids in it? Thanks

Not for S/D/R though.

A suggestion has been made to use the Fantasia mini golf as a pick up/drop off for MV. However, be aware of the closing time of that location, not good for late returns from the parks.
Two weeks ago, I stayed at the Swan and got a Minnie Van in front of Boardwalk Inn. I wrote about my experience here.

Is there a working hot tub at the Swan? We will be there in November and coming from the desert SW so that’s hot tub weather for us, not pool weather. is there more than one at Swolphin? Which is better, less likely to have lots of kids in it? Thanks
There are 4, they are marked WP on this map. Probably least kids in the one by the Swan lap pool. We were there a year ago and the ones by the grotto pool were not terribly crowded.

https://allears.net/wp-content/uploads/archive/acc/ResortMaps/swan-dolphin-map.pdf

We are planning our first stay at Swan Reserve and haven't been to WDW for many years. My understanding is since we are staying at Reserve we can book our Genie+ and ILL at 7 am since it is considered an on property resort. That being said we are checking in on Jan 1 for for three nights. Since we are checking in on Jan 1 but won't be waking up on property on Jan 1 will we still have access to booking our rides at 7 am or do we have to wait until parks open that day?

Also, how long is the walk from Reserve to Hollywood Studios or Epcot?

Hi! A few questions related to food/beverage (sorry - some of these are very specific):
  1. Still no food at Phins, correct?
  2. Does Dolphin have refillable mugs? It looks like they don't but wanted to verify.
  3. It looks like Il Mulino lounge opens at 3:30. Can you get food then or is food not available until the dining room opens at 5?
  4. How is the food at Cabana Bar and Beach Club?
  5. Is oatmeal available at Fuel? If not, it looks like it is available at Picabu - can you get coffee there as well?
Thank you!

@AussieFan8
1. Correct, Phins only has drinks
2. I don't think they have returned.
3. 99% sure its drinks only, and then for meals reservations start at 5PM
4. I can't say been to many years since but here is a search for cabana bar that might help.
5. I don't think Fuel has Oatmeal, but they do think they have Overnight Oats, but it is on the menu for Picabu.

Be sure to get the SwanDolphin Mobile App if you don't already have it.

Hi! A few questions related to food/beverage (sorry - some of these are very specific):
  2. Does Dolphin have refillable mugs? It looks like they don't but wanted to verify.
  3. It looks like Il Mulino lounge opens at 3:30. Can you get food then or is food not available until the dining room opens at 5?
  5. Is oatmeal available at Fuel? If not, it looks like it is available at Picabu - can you get coffee there as well?
Thank you!
Looks like Steve got all of them but #4 so I will chime in on that one. The food at Cabana Bar and Beach Club is among some of the best pool bar food I have ever had. Pretty diverse menu as well. Enjoy!

Thank you!
Oatmeal is available at Fuel- they had overnight oats when we stayed in April.

Hello! Quick question… for the resort fee for the Dolphin, that’s paid when I book the room, right? Because there’s a 40 dollar fee that is included in the current price of my room. But then I’ve also heard you pay it when you check in/out?

Looks like Steve got all of them but #4 so I will chime in on that one. The food at Cabana Bar and Beach Club is among some of the best pool bar food I have ever had. Pretty diverse menu as well. Enjoy!
I'm so glad to hear this! The menu has several items I think we would like, and I love that we can eat outside and they are open mid to late afternoon. Thanks!

Hello! Quick question… for the resort fee for the Dolphin, that’s paid when I book the room, right? Because there’s a 40 dollar fee that is included in the current price of my room. But then I’ve also heard you pay it when you check in/out?
We've stayed a handful of times and we've always paid the resort fee is paid upon check out. It's actually 3 charges that equal the resort fee, the fee itself, taxes on the fee and taxes on the package. But my experience is that the resort fee is not a part of the nightly room rate. If you had to pay one night's stay to book your room, then yes it's possible you may have paid the resort fee in advance. It would be your room rate for the night + the resort fee+ taxes.

Question about the resort fee. We booked through Disney and there is no mention of the resort fee. Do we still get charged the resort fee? I just want to make sure we are prepared if we are.

Question about the resort fee. We booked through Disney and there is no mention of the resort fee. Do we still get charged the resort fee? I just want to make sure we are prepared if we are.
Yes, everyone pays the resort fee, it's just included in the price disney gave you for your rate already. What's not included is parking so if you'll have a car, the resort will charge you that directly.

We are planning our first stay at Swan Reserve and haven't been to WDW for many years. My understanding is since we are staying at Reserve we can book our Genie+ and ILL at 7 am since it is considered an on property resort. That being said we are checking in on Jan 1 for for three nights. Since we are checking in on Jan 1 but won't be waking up on property on Jan 1 will we still have access to booking our rides at 7 am or do we have to wait until parks open that day?

Also, how long is the walk from Reserve to Hollywood Studios or Epcot?

You will be able to book boarding groups (assuming those will still be around in January), Genie+ and ILL at 7:00 am. I did this on our check-in day in August (staying at the Swan). We were on the bus to our airport when I opened up the app to try to get Guardians for my party. I was amazed that I got it and for a boarding group and for a pretty decent time. I forgot the BG number, but the estimated wait was such that it was about 5:00 pm -- our flight got in at 2:30, we got to the Swan at 3:15, and our BG was called at 4:15. I didn't want to buy ILL for our arrival day since you just never know how things are going to go with flights, but getting the BG was no real risk. Good luck: January 1 will be a super busy day at WDW. Hope you enjoy the Swan Reserve.

Anyone with an upcoming stay at Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve get information if they're waiving their cancellation policy for the hurricane? We're supposed to check in on Thursday which is the worst day for the hurricane supposedly. Wanting to see if our travel plans get delayed if we can re-schedule or cancel without penalty.

I tried calling Marriott and they said no change in the cancellation policy but please call the hotel directly. I tried calling the hotel directly and after waiting on hold for 30 mins to talk to a reservation person, they transferred me to Marriott customer service - so round and round I go.

I wish they would have something posted on the Swan and Dolphin website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter