Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone done Minnie Van from here or anywhere else on property recently? I'm just wondering how reliably you can get a quick pick-up. I would love to do this to get from Dolphin to MK for breakfast one day, but the only time I tried to get a Minnie Van previously (from WL in 2019), we waited about 30 minutes on a pick-up and then gave up and canceled and got a regular Lyft. (The app showed we had a Minnie Van, but then it never moved when we tracked it on the app.)
I did use the Minnie Van from Fantasia Mini golf, while staying at the Swan Reserve. On average, the wait was about 10 - 15 minutes for a pick-up. The caveat -- you have to request the Minnie Van during the operating hours of the mini-golf. At night, I had the Minnie Van drop off at the Boardwalk Inn and walked around Crescent Lake to the Reserve.

I agree the Parking and Resort Fees are "sticker shock", combined these are more than a room stay use to be many places. But it's 2022...

But an onsite hotel within walking distance of two parks and it gets the deluxe benefits that even onsite Value and Moderate users don't get... still the best value on site.

I am waiting for Disney to start offering "resort fees" to cover all the things you already are getting, to go along with their own "parking fees".

@Scalemaster34 I agree, need to compared all the benefits plus location and then take the fee, add-on's and taxes for SDR and Disney and compare. Just before Covid hit we did the comparison and POFQ was our best bet (by a lot), but I'd say since Covid the complete rates at SDR can still usually beat a Moderate and almost always beat a Deluxe by far. Be careful giving Chapek any ideas about the resort fee ;)

@Scalemaster34 I agree, need to compared all the benefits plus location and then take the fee, add-on's and taxes for SDR and Disney and compare. Just before Covid hit we did the comparison and POFQ was our best bet (by a lot), but I'd say since Covid the complete rates at SDR can still usually beat a Moderate and almost always beat a Deluxe by far. Be careful giving Chapek any ideas about the resort fee ;)

I bet he already has it lined up.... Hotel is a Hotel, but a Resort is a Resort.

We have only stayed once at the Dolphin and we enjoyed it but the family thought it was just so plain, but the DW and DD's totally enjoyed the coffee shop though. LOL We always compare price, amenities etc. But, I guess luckily for us money wise, location and added transportation is not a big deal, with the skyliner probably being the exception, which we really enjoyed especially at POP prices. We like the theme/ambiance of a lot of the WDW resorts like POFQ/POR more than SD and if it was available we would have most likely picked POP, since the last few trips there were all great:) Extra hours would be a big bonus if they had more evenings available for MK and Epcot other than 1 night each per week, bump it up to 2 nights each. I totally agree with you that SD prices kill the deluxe resort prices and we would definitely choose SD over most of them. I am sure the resort fees are coming at WDW, it's just a matter of time, WDW never likes to leave $$ on the table if they know they can get it.
Since it has been years since our last stay at SD, how are the bus waits and routes? I will say since POP is not available the DW is leaning to stay at Dolphin now. Tough decisions:rotfl2:

For those who are Bon Voy members see the attached article from The Points Guy. Apparently part of the “resort fee” includes WiFi/internet access which as a Bon Voy member is supposed to be a perk. The article says that since your paying the resort fee and therefore paying for WiFi the hotel should somehow compensate you for that. It says most hotels don’t know this but I looked it up in the Bon Voy terms (he tells you where). Don’t know if this will actually work or help anyone but figured I would share

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/marr...KsYQg8VteEQelQZWSIicEjUmRXr3j7Pq4g99dzDmrZfgQ
AllEars just posted a Swan resort tour video. In it, Quincy shows a card she received with her room key that lists what the resort fee covers. I noticed that underneath wifi, it says that loyalty program guests will receive enhanced speed wifi. I wonder if that’s making up for the fact that Bonvoy members automatically get free wifi during their stay.

Attachments

• 41E02D10-722E-4734-87FE-531269F2E1C3.png
    41E02D10-722E-4734-87FE-531269F2E1C3.png
    270.5 KB · Views: 41
  • E3C26A60-356E-4952-BD94-4D76A0F4CB4B.png
    E3C26A60-356E-4952-BD94-4D76A0F4CB4B.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 42

AllEars just posted a Swan resort tour video. In it, Quincy shows a card she received with her room key that lists what the resort fee covers. I noticed that underneath wifi, it says that loyalty program guests will receive enhanced speed wifi. I wonder if that’s making up for the fact that Bonvoy members automatically get free wifi during their stay.
Here is that link to the tour and video I have not watched it yet, but it must be very complete, 50 minutes long!! :thumbsup2

https://allears.net/2022/09/16/alle...ay-at-a-disney-hotel-disney-world-swan-hotel/

"Enhanced" wifi is already a standard benefit for Gold and above Bonvoy members. They're still required to provide something else to replace that part of the resort fee. From the terms: "Participating Properties that have mandatory resort charges, which include internet access, will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each Participating Property's discretion."

"Enhanced" wifi is already a standard benefit for Gold and above Bonvoy members. They're still required to provide something else to replace that part of the resort fee. From the terms: "Participating Properties that have mandatory resort charges, which include internet access, will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each Participating Property's discretion."
I am curious. DH is lifetime titanium, and we get the enhanced Wi-Fi anyway.

Last trip to the Dolphin, housekeeping skipped our room one day (and I always call when leaving the room to let them know to make it up). Called and explained that our room was skipped, and they asked what compensation I would like. I said I’d like to not pay resort fee today, since we got no service. They went above and removed resort fee for the entire stay. That was okay. Going next month, and not to be nit picky, but $40 a day for literally nothing I use is a bit much. And we got free breakfast daily, but now it looks like it’s scaled back; we’ll see and it’s no big deal. A $10 credit his nothing, but the continental was ok for me.

Wow such great info here. I just spent quite a bit of time scrolling and reading. Planning an 8 night stay right after Xmas this year. There will be 5 adults and 3 teenagers. Looks like SDR is the way for us to go. We are Magic Key holders in Disneyland but it’s been 18 years since I’ve been to WDW and so much has changed!

It seems as if booking through Disney is more expensive With no real advantage other than perhaps being able to use gift cards to pay down a balance. Generally do you find booking through Marriott, Expedia or Amex travel is better? Besides price are there any other factors to consider when booking through one of these? im Gold Elite status but won’t rely on that for anything. Plan to book Swan with view and balcony (hoping the construction is complete).

Ive read a lot about room reservations dropping from MDE. If they drop does that effect park or dining reservations?

thanks so much. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as I move along the process. I’m a type A planner so I’m about to start my color coded spreadsheet 😂

To anyone who has stayed at SD lately, how have the buses been? Wait times, time between buses and pickup/drop off routes?
We were there last week. We waited around 15 minutes for a bus to Magic Kingdom on a Halloween party afternoon. But we also saw that we had just missed a bus. It went to TTC and we took the ferry to magic kingdom since we weren’t in a rush. After the party we took the bus back to boardwalk and walked from there. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat.

@ChipnDaleRule thanks! Does it appear they still removing the railings? Does it look like any new railings have gone up, I assume they are not removing the platforms - but curious if you can tell at all?

We were there last week. We waited around 15 minutes for a bus to Magic Kingdom on a Halloween party afternoon. But we also saw that we had just missed a bus. It went to TTC and we took the ferry to magic kingdom since we weren’t in a rush. After the party we took the bus back to boardwalk and walked from there. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat.
Thank you, that is great to hear. I read that someone said that the buses got worse since they no longer use Disney buses, but when we stayed at SD years ago, when they used Disney buses, we found that the buses were one of the worst because they stopped at all Epcot resorts.

Thank you, that is great to hear. I read that someone said that the buses got worse since they no longer use Disney buses, but when we stayed at SD years ago, when they used Disney buses, we found that the buses were one of the worst because they stopped at all Epcot resorts.
I think it’s “worse” because the magic kingdom bus goes to the TTC. But you just have to be prepared for that and plan accordingly.

Wow such great info here. I just spent quite a bit of time scrolling and reading. Planning an 8 night stay right after Xmas this year. There will be 5 adults and 3 teenagers. Looks like SDR is the way for us to go. We are Magic Key holders in Disneyland but it’s been 18 years since I’ve been to WDW and so much has changed!

It seems as if booking through Disney is more expensive With no real advantage other than perhaps being able to use gift cards to pay down a balance. Generally do you find booking through Marriott, Expedia or Amex travel is better? Besides price are there any other factors to consider when booking through one of these? im Gold Elite status but won’t rely on that for anything. Plan to book Swan with view and balcony (hoping the construction is complete).

Ive read a lot about room reservations dropping from MDE. If they drop does that effect park or dining reservations?

thanks so much. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as I move along the process. I’m a type A planner so I’m about to start my color coded spreadsheet 😂
Week right after Christmas is the busiest week of the year; I’ve done it twice!

Are you a group of 5 or 8? I’m not reading it clearly.

If you are going before NYE, I’d book as soon as you can. My DH is lifetime titanium (for what it’s worth, which isn’t much) with Marriott, but either way I always book directly through Marriott (other than one time I got a killer deal).

Either way, if you are going that week I’d get it all booked as soon as you can. And, pack patience. The 2 times we did that we planned a lot of non park stuff as well, as the parks were crazy busy. Fun but insane!

Yeah, not much there. If you look at the card under the enhanced Wi-Fi comment it says Silver elite and above will receive free daily access to the Balinese relaxation area at Mandara Spa, no idea what that is.

The busses were better in that they are coaches and not transit busses, but at the Springs they closed down the entrances at the Circue side - so You had to walk to the parking garage by Coca Cola store-

The MK bus is fine since I don't mind TTC this time of year since there are no crowds. The walking from TTC to the boat is a lot less than walking to BW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter