• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Yikes! The Dolphin rates nearly doubled for my stay, as of morning. Glad I booked early.

I’m booked for early October. About a week ago rates were at nearly the lowest I’d seen for APs, then this week boom, suddenly sold out of all rooms for most of my nights.

I wondered if they are reducing availability because of the balcony work. Was hoping it would be completed by then, we shall see.

I’m booked for early October. About a week ago rates were at nearly the lowest I’d seen for APs, then this week boom, suddenly sold out of all rooms for most of my nights.

I wondered if they are reducing availability because of the balcony work. Was hoping it would be completed by then, we shall see.

Strange that for Dec when we are looking at going... the only AP rate at the Dolphin, is an upgraded room with a Balcony... But still the highest prices we have see in a long time (but Pop is nearly the same).

I also wondered about that, since Swan rates didn't jump like that.

We will be staying at the Swan the night of 9/10 before moving over to Boardwalk Villas on the 11th through the 18th.

Never stayed at Swan before, what's the best way to get over to Epcot, I'm assuming just walking or taking a boat?

We will be staying at the Swan the night of 9/10 before moving over to Boardwalk Villas on the 11th through the 18th.

Never stayed at Swan before, what's the best way to get over to Epcot, I'm assuming just walking or taking a boat?
Walking may be faster. The boats are nice but I think it makes a couple stops before arriving at Epcot.

When I canceled my Dolphin reservation and re-booked at a lower rate, my confirmation number would not work on the Disney app for over a week. The reservation was in my Bonvoy account and obviously I had an email with a confirmation #.

I called Disney and spoke w/ a very nice lady who tried to help. Put me on hold... They could not find the reservation. Disney was going to reach out to the Dolphin but suggested I call them as well.

Called Dolphin and spoke with a nice lady at the Dolphin. She could not find the reservation either. 🥵 How does this even happen. It was stuck in their system and she had to log into a different system and pull it manually. When I checked the Disney site the next day it was magically there.

Something similar has happened before, but not Marriott not being able to find their own reservation....
It's my understanding that when you book at SDR the systems between SDR/Bonvoy do not communicate directly with Disney, it has to be done manually. They generally have said it take 24-72 hours to be in both systems, from what you said it sounds like it is still done manually.

Walking may be faster. The boats are nice but I think it makes a couple stops before arriving at Epcot.
I agree. Able bodied can walk there quicker than boat. I always take the boat now, not abled body now. But have walked many times. Boat goes HS>S/D>Y&BC>BW>Epcot. And reverse.

I'm wondering too if the balcony project is affecting the occupancy. I've been trying to change our dates and nothing is available in early October.

Quick Question:
I am staying at the Swan Reserve in a few days so, I wanted to estimate prices using a Minnie Van with the Lyft app for budgeting purposes and buying a Lyft gift card. However, the Lyft app does not list Minnie Vans as an option for the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve. Most of the websites states that Minnie Vans service these hotels, plus the Four Seasons. Anyone use a Minnie Van from these properties? I really want to use it at night when going to resorts for dinner reservations.

Thanks for any information.

We’re a long term S/D family - and have a trip coming up in February. Long story, but we’re booking 2 different 4 night stays. Got the first one (Presidents’ Day weekend), but patiently checking daily for the 2 part - 2/22 - 2/26. It’s been booked solid for weeks! Hoping something opens up eventually - it’s Princess half marathon weekend, school vacation week, etc.

Actually, I noticed all WDW hotels are also booked those dates too!

Gonna be busy in the parks!!

Yikes! The Dolphin rates nearly doubled for my stay, as of morning. Glad I booked early.
The Dolphin has been sold out for next week for about 2 months. Today is the first time I’ve seen it come back available and much higher than it was when I originally booked (I’ll be at Swan instead thanks to a great price drop). Swan is still unavailable for about 3-4 weeks now. I was hoping to see prices fall more. 🤞🏻

Odd the prices have jumped so high the last few years(obviously covid plays a factor i suppose)
when we last stayed rates were betwen 250-350 a night. Looking for a stay in May and thats gone to $414 + taxes and resort fee
Might have to find an alternative

Odd the prices have jumped so high the last few years(obviously covid plays a factor i suppose)
when we last stayed rates were betwen 250-350 a night. Looking for a stay in May and thats gone to $414 + taxes and resort fee
Might have to find an alternative
We booked a month ago for this December at $200 / night before fees & taxes so still very seasonal and prices change daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter