Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you for the clarification. I had watched a YouTube video about the Swan & Resort and it said that Swan Resort reservation balance could be paid using Disney Gift Cards. So, I’ll be paying the reservation balance due by another type of payment.
Do you know if they booked the reservation through Disney or directly with Marriott/the hotel? I don't know for sure because I've always booked directly through Marriott, but maybe a reservation made through Disney could be paid with gift cards since you're paying the balance to Disney.

I’ve never been able to get the modify option to work when my resort rate dropped. I had to rebook and then cancel the original. I tried on a mobile browser, the Bonvoy app, and on a computer in a regular browser and incognito. The cancelled reservation would fall off of MDE within a couple of days. With my most recent price drops I’ve called into the resort directly and had them adjust my rate to save time. They answered within a couple of minutes.

How do you remove a reservation from MDE? When I booked Swan and cancelled Dolphin, my Dolphin reservation still shows in my plans on MDE. It’s been ~2 weeks since I cancelled it so it’s annoying to see it there still. I’ve already gotten my refund which surprises me given all the horror stories I’ve read about refunds taking forever. It took about 10 days.

@oceanmarina Is that covering under construction at Swan or Boardwalk?

maybe a reservation made through Disney could be paid with gift cards since you're paying the balance to Disney.
Yes, only reservations made through Disney can be paid with Disney gift cards, even SDR and SOG.

Do you know if they booked the reservation through Disney or directly with Marriott/the hotel? I don't know for sure because I've always booked directly through Marriott, but maybe a reservation made through Disney could be paid with gift cards since you're paying the balance to Disney.

Yes, only reservations made through Disney can be paid with Disney gift cards, even SDR and SOG.
Well, that's good to know. I've never thought of that but guess that makes sense. I've only booked directly in the past so never thought of that. Thanks.

We were just there last week. We went by the paper they gave us when we checked in that said bused start running 45 minutes before park opening. We took the AK bus on our rope drop AK day. The park opened for us that day at 0730. We arrived at the bus stop a few minutes after 0645 and watched the AK bus drive off. We only waited a few minutes and another bus arrived. We stopped at the Dolphin and SR but no one else got on. We got into AK quickly and headed straight to FoP and was off the ride within 45 minutes.
Thank you for this! H and I will be at the Dolphin starting October 9 and I was wondering if the D/S busses would be able to get us to AK rope drop as early as Disney busses Or if I was going to have the battle of convincing him to walk over to YC or BW🤣

Thank you for this! H and I will be at the Dolphin starting October 9 and I was wondering if the D/S busses would be able to get us to AK rope drop as early as Disney busses Or if I was going to have the battle of convincing him to walk over to YC or BW🤣
Just understand it is a bit of a crap shoot. Sometimes it works as the other poster subscribed, other times, not so much. But this is true of the busses at Disney resorts as well.

Is there often a line for the water slide at the main pool midday? Debating whether to swim or stay in AC for our midday break next week, and easy slide access is the deciding factor.

I checked in this morning for a solo staycation - staying at Swan. Been about 2 years since we stayed here last.

Got my room at 7:30am (yay!) so that was a huge win. It's spacious, clean, good view for a standard rate (I'm watching the Skyliner right now), no line at counter to pick up room key and elevators have been almost immediate and never riding with anyone. Killer AP rate, too!

Quiet pool has plenty of chairs, towels, and space to spread out. I also love the option for mobile ordering at your pool chair.

Downside... the quiet pool is the opposite of quiet. They are building some tent structure on the sidewalk by the pools and it's LOUD. Constant beeping from lifts, machinery, etc. There is also a conference in the meeting room facing the pool and at every break they all step out and smoke by the pool. Right by the no smoking sign :rolleyes2 I'm pretty sensitive to smell so I could smell it on the clear other side.

I am hopeful the construction is almost done so maybe the next couple of days will be quieter.

Is there often a line for the water slide at the main pool midday? Debating whether to swim or stay in AC for our midday break next week, and easy slide access is the deciding factor.

If there is a line, it's usually just a couple of folks. Sometimes peak-season can be a handful but from my experience off-season, there's never a line. I know other resorts can have longer lines - but I'd tie that to their slides possibly being a longer slide/ride.

If there is a line, it's usually just a couple of folks. Sometimes peak-season can be a handful but from my experience off-season, there's never a line. I know other resorts can have longer lines - but I'd tie that to their slides possibly being a longer slide/ride.
My understanding from reading here lately is that the slide is currently not open. I may be wrong but that seems to be the current state of the slide.

I checked in this morning for a solo staycation - staying at Swan. Been about 2 years since we stayed here last.

Got my room at 7:30am (yay!) so that was a huge win. It's spacious, clean, good view for a standard rate (I'm watching the Skyliner right now), no line at counter to pick up room key and elevators have been almost immediate and never riding with anyone. Killer AP rate, too!

Quiet pool has plenty of chairs, towels, and space to spread out. I also love the option for mobile ordering at your pool chair.

Downside... the quiet pool is the opposite of quiet. They are building some tent structure on the sidewalk by the pools and it's LOUD. Constant beeping from lifts, machinery, etc. There is also a conference in the meeting room facing the pool and at every break they all step out and smoke by the pool. Right by the no smoking sign :rolleyes2 I'm pretty sensitive to smell so I could smell it on the clear other side.

I am hopeful the construction is almost done so maybe the next couple of days will be quieter.
Sounds mostly good, Aimee, that's great. Hopefully the noise will die down a bit. And I hear you on that smoke. I can smell smoke a long way away. Too bad those there are not paying attention to where the designated smoking areas are. There are several.

Here now at the swan, can confirm 3rd floor east elevator has a microwave. However ice machine is not working. Tried 2nd floor same thing but no microwave.

@tomeaine thanks for the realtime update. It is a short additional walk from the East Elevators to the West Elevators since both are equal distant from the main lobby hall.

If you have a chance could you check on your 3rd floor to see if the Ice Machine is up and working in the West Alcove?

There are times when the Ice machines are down for maintenance but it should not be both East and West Elevator alcoves.

Dave

My rates for 8/28-8/31 were $10 a night cheaper this morning. Even with the $5 resort fee increase for my 6 night stay (I have 3 nights free), I’ve still saved over $200 in the past 3 months by periodically checking. I’m really shocked they are still dropping since my trip is so soon.

It’s hit or miss for me if the modify button works. If it doesn’t, I just cancel and rebook.

I’m really shocked they are still dropping since my trip is so soon.
That just means they are trying to fill rooms based on occupancy projections for Business conferences and Meeting. That's good news for your visit.

The pricing is managed by a dynamic (automated) system. The more rooms they need to fill the lower the price. This also explains why the prices can jump above $599 per night as inventory is limited.

Dave

The slide was open last week. We were there mid-afternoon 2 days but both times got evacuated due to lightening. There was typically a handful of people waiting to go down the slide, there is an employee ( not sure if he was a lifeguard since there wasn't any at the pool), who would alert you when it is your turn to go down.

@tomeaine thanks for the realtime update. It is a short additional walk from the East Elevators to the West Elevators since both are equal distant from the main lobby hall.

If you have a chance could you check on your 3rd floor to see if the Ice Machine is up and working in the West Alcove?

There are times when the Ice machines are down for maintenance but it should not be both East and West Elevator alcoves.

Dave
Thanks Dave
I messaged them through the app to let them know about the machines and they kindly let me know that the 6th floor has one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter