Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I thought when I asked earlier some reported that you could use a gift card to pay down the balance before they submit the final CC statement I'll see if I can find that - it's up a ways.....

ETA: Found it...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...s-information-questions.3264274/post-64177437
On my answer there, I was understanding that the restaurant charging was coming from S/D/R restaurants, not Disney restaurants.
And I was not thinking of using a Disney gift card for payment. When I read it, I was thinking of using your room key card to charge back to the room and then just paying it off with credit card at checkout, not a Disney gift card.

Sorry if my reply misled you or anyone else. I'll have to edit my reply there. :blush:

On my answer there, I was understanding that the restaurant charging was coming from S/D/R restaurants, not Disney restaurants.
And I was not thinking of using a Disney gift card for payment. When I read it, I was thinking of using your room key card to charge back to the room and then just paying it off with credit card at checkout, not a Disney gift card.

Sorry if my reply misled you or anyone else. I'll have to edit my reply there. :blush:
Ok. I guess I misunderstood. Disney gift cards cannot be used at all either directly or indirectly to pay off room charges done by using your room key. Is that what you're saying?

Ok. I guess I misunderstood. Disney gift cards cannot be used at all either directly or indirectly to pay off room charges done by using your room key. Is that what you're saying?
Yes. ::yes:: Can not use Disney gift cards for anything at S/D/R other than at the two Disney stores located at the S/D.

Will be checking into Swan in 18 days. Got a great deal, so had to do a spur of the moment trip.

Just canceled my Dolphin reservation in December, 16 through 20, and rebooked for $100.00 less. I'll keep watching, maybe it will come down more...?
It just might! My November reservation came down another $24 today, it seems like every week I'm able to knock a few more $ off. I think I've saved over $200 since I booked in April over 3 nights.

I understand why people walk over to the BoardWalk to catch a bus to MK (you get dropped off right at MK rather than at Transportation & Ticket Center).

But are you sure the BoardWalk bus to AK is better than the Swan bus? I haven't tried it, so I can't compare. I'm sure someone who has taken it will pop in to comment.

When front desk said it was a 2 minute walk to get over to the Dolphin to do your laundry: I assume they meant the time from exiting the door at Swan to entering the door at Dolphin. That makes sense to me. When you said it was 15 minutes, did you mean the time from exiting your room at Swan to entering the laundry room at Dolphin?
We took Swan bus to AK, however we were doing a late start that day. We would never use it for rope drop as it would never get you there in time.

The walk from any room at Swan to the laundry room at Dolphin is way more than 2 mins.

It just might! My November reservation came down another $24 today, it seems like every week I'm able to knock a few more $ off. I think I've saved over $200 since I booked in April over 3 nights.
When you see the rate come down do you keep cancelling online and then rebooking a new reservation at the reduced price or do you modify the price online or by phone? I ask because in the past when I.ve cancelled and rebooked it took forever for the refund to my credit card. Thanks.

poster who is there now, did you try the small pool at the Swan Reserve? You would have to walk across the street but it sounds much more adult oriented. I have not been there though.

We took Swan bus to AK, however we were doing a late start that day. We would never use it for rope drop as it would never get you there in time.

The walk from any room at Swan to the laundry room at Dolphin is way more than 2 mins.
We haven't stayed at Swan since they changed to their own buses - why wouldn't they get you there for AK rope drop? Do they start running later than Disney transportation?

When you see the rate come down do you keep cancelling online and then rebooking a new reservation at the reduced price or do you modify the price online or by phone? I ask because in the past when I.ve cancelled and rebooked it took forever for the refund to my credit card. Thanks.
You just modify your existing booking online.

We haven't stayed at Swan since they changed to their own buses - why wouldn't they get you there for AK rope drop? Do they start running later than Disney transportation?
Yes, they, nor does Shades of Green (both on Disney property, but not owned by Disney) do not start running buses as early as Disney buses.

We were just there last week. We went by the paper they gave us when we checked in that said bused start running 45 minutes before park opening. We took the AK bus on our rope drop AK day. The park opened for us that day at 0730. We arrived at the bus stop a few minutes after 0645 and watched the AK bus drive off. We only waited a few minutes and another bus arrived. We stopped at the Dolphin and SR but no one else got on. We got into AK quickly and headed straight to FoP and was off the ride within 45 minutes.

Thank you. Great news that I can modify the price online and not have to rebook.
Yes I have it on my Marriott account so I just log in, go to the reservations details, hit edit/modify, and it usually pops up with the current pricing and an “update” button. I click update and confirm and it’s done! Same confirmation number, no deposit change or impact to credit card, super easy. One time the site didn’t let me do it (glitch) but it worked again the next day.

Thank you for the clarification. I had watched a YouTube video about the Swan & Resort and it said that Swan Resort reservation balance could be paid using Disney Gift Cards. So, I’ll be paying the reservation balance due by another type of payment.

Thank you for the clarification. I had watched a YouTube video about the Swan & Resort and it said that Swan Resort reservation balance could be paid using Disney Gift Cards. ( prior to arriving at the resort). So, I’ll be paying the reservation balance due by another type of payment, if I can’t use Disney gift cards.

Hi everyone! This will be our first time staying at Swan or Dolphin. We had originaly booked the Dolphin for our 9/2-9/11 trip because it was cheaper. Thanks to the comments above I checked to see if we could get a cheaper rate. We eneded booking the Swan for only $9 more for our entire stay. Excited for bigger beds!

My question is once I link our new Swan reservation and delete our Dolphin reservation, will I loose all of my park pass reservations and have to rebook?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! This will be our first time staying at Swan or Dolphin. We had originaly booked the Dolphin for our 9/2-9/11 trip because it was cheaper. Thanks to the comments above I checked to see if we could get a cheaper rate. We eneded booking the Swan for only $9 more for our entire stay. Excited for bigger beds!

My question is once I link our new Swan reservation and delete our Dolphin reservation, will I loose all of my park pass reservations and have to rebook?

Thanks!
I would link the Swan reservation first and then delete the Dolphin but either way as long as you have a resort booked you won't lose your park pass reservations. I switched resorts a couple times before my May trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter