• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We just got back from 11 nights at the Swan. We got upgraded to a balcony resort view room at check in.

PXL_20220430_134630772.jpg

Our stay was great as usual. The only real issue was that the only bedside power options were limited to the single outlet and one USB port that were in the lamps, and the USB ports in both lamps never worked, so I had to charge my phone across the room because my CPAP was using the sole outlet. But that was a minor issue. We said we were okay with "light" housekeeping, but the bed was made, trash cleared, and towels replaced every day anyway.

We walked over to the Screen Door store at Boardwalk and picked up a half gallon of milk (which fit just fine in the door of the room fridge) and a gallon of distilled water for my CPAP. The milk was significantly cheaper at Screen Door than at Java, which only had smaller bottles of milk for about the same price as we got the half gallon at Screen Door.

As for the transportation, our first full park day, was at AK, so we were deciding between the Mears buses, and walking to the Boardwalk. The Swan employee said the AK buses started running at 6:15, and we were aiming to be at AK by 6, so we walked to the Boardwalk, where the buses were already running. at the end of the day, we decided to take the Mears bus back. All the non-Disney buses park at one spot in the parking lot, so it was a bit chaotic. One bus driver seemed confused, and the parking attendants kept yelling at him to move because he was blocking the other buses from getting in. Eventually a bus showed up that just said "Dolphin", but the driver got out and yelled "Swan and Dolphin!". The bus was decent - a charter bus with upholstered bucket seats instead of the "city bus"-style of Disney transportation. For MK, we walked to the Boardwalk to avoid the TTC. On one of our other days, we were doing a resort morning with a later arrival at AK, so we decided to try the Mears bus, since we weren't concerned about getting there early this time. The AK bus (which was obviously a repurposed Magical Express bus since it still had a Disney Cruise Line wrap on it) showed up shortly after we got down to the bus pick-up, but they had to wait for the MK bus to finish loading. Unfortunately, once the MK bus pulled away, the AK driver couldn't get his bus started again, so we ended up walking over to the Boardwalk again anyway. 🤦‍♂️ We decided not to risk taking the Mears buses after that.

As usual, being walking distance from Epcot and DHS was one of the best features of staying Not having to rely on when transportation will arrive when you're trying to rope drop is a big plus for us, and also, on more than one occasion, the boat back from Epcot had a sizeable line at the end of the night, so it was nice to have the option to walk back (unlike the unfortunate people we saw who had no option but to wait in the insane line for the Skyliner), and we usually beat the boat back to the Swan when we did. 😏

All in all another great stay at the Swan.

We just got back from the Swan, and our non-accessible room had just a shower with a sliding door, so they do exist.
Oh thank you very much for that answer. I’m going to request one for our stay in August.

Much appreciated.

@jbaysingar one thing I learned when I did a stint of frequent travels was to carry a short corded power strip like this or a longer cord like this - I just leave it in my suit case and it's come in so handy. I bought another one for my wife as well.

@hedberg1661 it's interesting that so many hotels make distilled water available or at least available for purchase these days for this very reason, yet SD doesn't even stock it to sell it.

@jbaysingar one thing I learned when I did a stint of frequent travels was to carry a short corded power strip like this or a longer cord like this - I just leave it in my suit case and it's come in so handy. I bought another one for my wife as well.

@hedberg1661 it's interesting that so many hotels make distilled water available or at least available for purchase these days for this very reason, yet SD doesn't even stock it to sell it.
Right I don't even expect it for free, although that has happened to me before. I checked in to the JW Marriott in Chicago and as soon as I got to the door the bellman had a cart for our luggage. He noticed 2 cpap bags amongst our stuff and ran back and tossed a gallon of water for each on our cart. Now that's service.

Did you link your Swan / Dolphin reservation on MDE? I booked Swan and Dolphin via Expedia - would that preclude me from using MDE? Thanks in advance - I've never stayed at this resort before!
Yes you would need to link in in MDE...

But most booking sites don't give you the "real" conformation number, you'll likly need to contact them to get it. Generally two or three days are needed for Disney to see it in their system.

And it's not uncommon for it to disappear so keep the number handy if you need to relink it.

We just got back from 11 nights at the Swan. We got upgraded to a balcony resort view room at check in.

View attachment 668683

Our stay was great as usual. The only real issue was that the only bedside power options were limited to the single outlet and one USB port that were in the lamps, and the USB ports in both lamps never worked, so I had to charge my phone across the room because my CPAP was using the sole outlet. But that was a minor issue. We said we were okay with "light" housekeeping, but the bed was made, trash cleared, and towels replaced every day anyway.

We walked over to the Screen Door store at Boardwalk and picked up a half gallon of milk (which fit just fine in the door of the room fridge) and a gallon of distilled water for my CPAP. The milk was significantly cheaper at Screen Door than at Java, which only had smaller bottles of milk for about the same price as we got the half gallon at Screen Door.

As for the transportation, our first full park day, was at AK, so we were deciding between the Mears buses, and walking to the Boardwalk. The Swan employee said the AK buses started running at 6:15, and we were aiming to be at AK by 6, so we walked to the Boardwalk, where the buses were already running. at the end of the day, we decided to take the Mears bus back. All the non-Disney buses park at one spot in the parking lot, so it was a bit chaotic. One bus driver seemed confused, and the parking attendants kept yelling at him to move because he was blocking the other buses from getting in. Eventually a bus showed up that just said "Dolphin", but the driver got out and yelled "Swan and Dolphin!". The bus was decent - a charter bus with upholstered bucket seats instead of the "city bus"-style of Disney transportation. For MK, we walked to the Boardwalk to avoid the TTC. On one of our other days, we were doing a resort morning with a later arrival at AK, so we decided to try the Mears bus, since we weren't concerned about getting there early this time. The AK bus (which was obviously a repurposed Magical Express bus since it still had a Disney Cruise Line wrap on it) showed up shortly after we got down to the bus pick-up, but they had to wait for the MK bus to finish loading. Unfortunately, once the MK bus pulled away, the AK driver couldn't get his bus started again, so we ended up walking over to the Boardwalk again anyway. 🤦‍♂️ We decided not to risk taking the Mears buses after that.

As usual, being walking distance from Epcot and DHS was one of the best features of staying Not having to rely on when transportation will arrive when you're trying to rope drop is a big plus for us, and also, on more than one occasion, the boat back from Epcot had a sizeable line at the end of the night, so it was nice to have the option to walk back (unlike the unfortunate people we saw who had no option but to wait in the insane line for the Skyliner), and we usually beat the boat back to the Swan when we did. 😏

All in all another great stay at the Swan.
Great review, great view!! Thanks much.

We just returned from a great stay at the SWAN and used a discount code for Disney someone posted here in the forum. We are planning to go back in October but cannot find the discount code anymore. Could someone please share the code with me. Thanks
Catherine

I have my AAA membership card with barcode on my phone. Will that be sufficient to get the dining discount or do they need to swipe the magnetic stripe on the physical card? Also is the 20% discount valid on grocery items like milk and yogurt at Grounds or Fuel?

I have my AAA membership card with barcode on my phone. Will that be sufficient to get the dining discount or do they need to swipe the magnetic stripe on the physical card? Also is the 20% discount valid on grocery items like milk and yogurt at Grounds or Fuel?
Your app has your number by the barcode and that's what they record.

I do not think discount is given on store items.

They are Mears only at this time. Scooters are accommodated and loaded the same as they always have been.
Ok, so. they're different than the mears buses that have been "helping out" at the Disney resorts??? We've had that. experience multiple times and they say they can't take scooters. I know back when Magical Express was a thing you had to reserve ahead a time a magical express with a lift if u had a scooter. Just confused as they sound like the same buses.

Did you link your Swan / Dolphin reservation on MDE? I booked Swan and Dolphin via Expedia - would that preclude me from using MDE? Thanks in advance - I've never stayed at this resort before!
Yes. In the past Expedia has provided this info to me for other hotel stays. For S&D I found it easy enough to download the app, click I'm on property then text us! Go through the prompt and ask for your MDE and provide your time of stay and your hotel confirmation number provided by expedia

Has anyone been to the evening EMH at Magic Kingdom? I'm wondering about transportation back. We plan to stay until closing (1am) and at that point most offsite guests will be gone so I'm curious if transportation to TTC will still be frequent? Or if we should go to the Boardwalk bus and then walk back? I know we'll have a way back to SR, just curious if anyone has done this that late at night and what your experience has been. I'd prefer not to be waiting a while for the boat/monorail and then waiting a long time for a bus. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter