• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Really liked having all the restaurants on site.. not really needing reservations, especially since I could get 20% off using the AAA discount for most of them (which also used on the room). The pool area was awesome,
Was the 20% discount offered at the Signature restaurants as well, or just casual/quick serve?

From memory, when we were there in March, this is where the SD bus dropped off at DS. X is about where the bus stops, and then you have to walk the rest of the line to the arrow before you can actually get 'in' to DS. Def worth getting an uber or a disney resort bus as an alternative.
Thanks for the map, we had lunch at City Works last week and I scoped it out!! Perfect map!

Thanks @DizParks - I've never been, just assumed, they would have all - I find that very interesting. It must be a contract that all locations on WDW property are Coke only.
Yep, I walk over there usually once a trip while staying at the Boardwalk for a 12 pack that won't make my wallet cry. In fact once I was waiting on the cashier and she got a call asking about Pepsi and mentioned how there's none on property.

I was at the Dolphin last week April 17 - 23. Was in a king room #9064 - my view
1651262897193.png
This is the second room I've had with this beautiful view, I think the other one was maybe on the 8th floor. Didn't really bother me since I don't even open the curtains unless I have a balcony. Used the Bonvoy app to check in but still had to go to the front desk as they had the wrong CC on file. Worked out fine since they did have a room ready for me at 12:30. Everything was pretty good except had an issue with The Fountain. I caught a cold and was feeling yucky by Thurs. and couldn't get the room service app to work (more on that in a minute) so I masked up and walked down to The Fountain to get some soup and fries to go. Was told I couldn't have a to go order, I could sit at a table then tell them to make it to go but it would be a half hour wait for the table. Ended up walking over to Epcot and just getting some gumbo from the booth in America. I did end up going back down on Friday and was able to sit at the bar thing and order something to go from there. Now the app. Evidently, the only way you can order room service is through the Swan/Dolphin app. The problem was every time I tried I got routed to a page that was for California/Nevada residents to turn down some tracking. Even when I tried that, it knew I was a Georgia resident and wouldn't let me get past that page. I even uninstalled the app. and reinstalled it. When I was down asking about to go and couldn't get it I went to concierge to see if I was doing something wrong with the app. She told me she could order it for me on her phone, she had to do for someone else the day before. I have android and am updated to the latest version so not sure what is going on there. There is no option to order room service the old fashioned way over the phone. Did tell them at check in I didn't want maid service. They came on Friday and at least made up the bed and replaced the towels/coffee and water. Since I was leaving on Sat. that made no sense. I did text them around Wens. and requested more water and coffee cups, which were waiting in my room when I got back. Well, the entire coffee service complete with cups, coffee, tea, sugar etc was waiting. All I needed was cups, which I put in my text since I had my own coffee (I don't like Starbucks). The pool was crazy crowded the one day I went down there, I think it was Tues. around 3:30 or so. The hot tub was actually totally at capacity so I couldn't even use that (part of it was about 6 kids). Otherwise, had a great stay and will be back to Swan in Aug. for two nights of a split stay with YC.

Has anyone booking with the AMEX Platinum had success with upgrades during busy times and were you notified of the upgrade or do you have to ask for it at the front desk

@armerida I agree with @SwanVT2 - the discount excluded the Signature restaurants in the past, I would assume that remains the same. In the past it worked at Picabu, Fountain, Cabana, Fresh, Garden Grove and Splash. I would assume that it is available for all the Quick Service and Casual locations throughout.

@armerida I agree with @SwanVT2 - the discount excluded the Signature restaurants in the past, I would assume that remains the same. In the past it worked at Picabu, Fountain, Cabana, Fresh, Garden Grove and Splash. I would assume that it is available for all the Quick Service and Casual locations throughout.
Good to know for my upcoming trip! Though I never remember to ask for a AAA discount anytime I dine out (which is rare in itself).

@melking23 it was funny on our last trip we ate at Picabu every morning, I had to remember to show it, even though the checker recognized me and knew I had AAA she couldn't remind me or ask for it. Would be nice if it was automatic if you have used it once and charge to the room... but nope. :)

I was at the Dolphin last week April 17 - 23. Was in a king room #9064 - my view
View attachment 665734
This is the second room I've had with this beautiful view, I think the other one was maybe on the 8th floor. Didn't really bother me since I don't even open the curtains unless I have a balcony. Used the Bonvoy app to check in but still had to go to the front desk as they had the wrong CC on file. Worked out fine since they did have a room ready for me at 12:30. Everything was pretty good except had an issue with The Fountain. I caught a cold and was feeling yucky by Thurs. and couldn't get the room service app to work (more on that in a minute) so I masked up and walked down to The Fountain to get some soup and fries to go. Was told I couldn't have a to go order, I could sit at a table then tell them to make it to go but it would be a half hour wait for the table. Ended up walking over to Epcot and just getting some gumbo from the booth in America. I did end up going back down on Friday and was able to sit at the bar thing and order something to go from there. Now the app. Evidently, the only way you can order room service is through the Swan/Dolphin app. The problem was every time I tried I got routed to a page that was for California/Nevada residents to turn down some tracking. Even when I tried that, it knew I was a Georgia resident and wouldn't let me get past that page. I even uninstalled the app. and reinstalled it. When I was down asking about to go and couldn't get it I went to concierge to see if I was doing something wrong with the app. She told me she could order it for me on her phone, she had to do for someone else the day before. I have android and am updated to the latest version so not sure what is going on there. There is no option to order room service the old fashioned way over the phone. Did tell them at check in I didn't want maid service. They came on Friday and at least made up the bed and replaced the towels/coffee and water. Since I was leaving on Sat. that made no sense. I did text them around Wens. and requested more water and coffee cups, which were waiting in my room when I got back. Well, the entire coffee service complete with cups, coffee, tea, sugar etc was waiting. All I needed was cups, which I put in my text since I had my own coffee (I don't like Starbucks). The pool was crazy crowded the one day I went down there, I think it was Tues. around 3:30 or so. The hot tub was actually totally at capacity so I couldn't even use that (part of it was about 6 kids). Otherwise, had a great stay and will be back to Swan in Aug. for two nights of a split stay with YC.
I would like to bring my own coffee. What type of coffee pot and what do I need to bring? I am staying at Swan
Thank you
Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter