Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm at the Dolphin now. Some comments:
  • I was asked for my AP at check in (I had an AP rate).
  • My reservation had dropped off MDE but was easily re-linked.
  • My room is in terrific condition. I'm a hotel development consultant and see a lot of hotel rooms. This one is in far better condition than many.
  • I'm in a sixth floor, west wing room with a balcony. My view is the pools, the Swan Reserve and the ToT.
  • A housekeeper was in the hall when I left my room to go to Epcot. I asked her about housekeeping (as it wasn't mentioned when I checked in). She said the hotel standard is every three days but the sixth floor is a test and is supposed to have housekeeping every day.

• A housekeeper was in the hall when I left my room to go to Epcot. I asked her about housekeeping (as it wasn't mentioned when I checked in). She said the hotel standard is every three days but the sixth floor is a test and is supposed to have housekeeping every day.
Housekeeping did come today.

Also, I don't remember seeing it mentioned previously that Illy has been replaced by Kimbo as the coffee served at Fuel and Java. Not a fan.

I booked a package with hotel/ticket for the Dolphin for two people. I now have a friend who may join. She has some work stuff going on so she’s unable to commit until the last minute. Can I just add her when I check in? Will she then be added to MDE with access to early morning entry and extended evening hours?

I booked a package with hotel/ticket for the Dolphin for two people. I now have a friend who may join. She has some work stuff going on so she’s unable to commit until the last minute. Can I just add her when I check in? Will she then be added to MDE with access to early morning entry and extended evening hours?
You can add her to the reservation when she gets there but she will need park tickets and reservations which is risky to leave to the last min.

Here's an update in case it helps anyone: I did finally get through, the hold was almost exactly 3 hours. I was told that my tickets will be waiting for me at the front desk when I check in so she created a temporary "Park Planning Pass" that allowed me to make park reservations now. I was surprised that had to be done manually, but I'm very glad everything's finally set.
I’m new to staying at Swan/Dolphin. I booked my package through Disney too. I thought it would be just like booking any other package through Disney. Are you saying a “Park Planning Pass” will show up allowing me to book park reservations. But once I get to the hotel for check in the hotel will give me my park tickets, like a physical card?

I’m new to staying at Swan/Dolphin. I booked my package through Disney too. I thought it would be just like booking any other package through Disney. Are you saying a “Park Planning Pass” will show up allowing me to book park reservations. But once I get to the hotel for check in the hotel will give me my park tickets, like a physical card?
That’s my understanding. The Park Planning Pass usually shows up automatically but in my case had to be manually created. I’m expecting to get the physical ticket when I check in - not sure if I have to manually link it or that will happen automatically. Maybe someone else can update that’s booked through Disney as a package?

I also got housekeeping on day 2 at the Dolphin (sixth floor, west wing which I was told was a test for daily housekeeping if you missed my post from Friday). My dirty towels weren't taken this time (they were yesterday) but that's not a problem as I hung them up and I'm one person in a double/double with five more sets of clean stuff. My trash was taken, water replaced and bed made.

I've stayed at the Dolphin only once before and that was 15 to 20 years ago. All recent stays have been at the Swan. I have to say I haven't noticed the size difference and enjoy the lobby bar here (and had come over from the Swan to visit it previously). The Dolphin is a definite contender for future visits, especially if the rate is lower than the Swan.

Housekeeping did come today.

Also, I don't remember seeing it mentioned previously that Illy has been replaced by Kimbo as the coffee served at Fuel and Java. Not a fan.
That actually is just odd. I honestly didn't think Kimbo was doing much in the US at all. Hopefully it is just a matter of dialing in, and getting used to brewing with it. Though I kind of doubt it.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to get the in room maker to get hot enough water for aeropress?

That actually is just odd. I honestly didn't think Kimbo was doing much in the US at all. Hopefully it is just a matter of dialing in, and getting used to brewing with it. Though I kind of doubt it.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to get the in room maker to get hot enough water for aeropress?
You could use a microwave to get the water as hot as needed, though that’s a less convenient option.

I'm at the Dolphin now. Some comments:
  • I was asked for my AP at check in (I had an AP rate).
  • My reservation had dropped off MDE but was easily re-linked.
  • My room is in terrific condition. I'm a hotel development consultant and see a lot of hotel rooms. This one is in far better condition than many.
  • I'm in a sixth floor, west wing room with a balcony. My view is the pools, the Swan Reserve and the ToT.
Thanks for the feedback. Wondering if your room condition was also nice given the "test" they're conducting. We've stayed at Swan and Dolphin several times over the last few years and we love it but I do find the bathroom/closet areas to be a little tired/worn. Maybe I need to ask for the 6th floor on my trip in a few weeks. My reservation disappears about once every few weeks from MDE. It's just par for the course with staying at Swolphin. I'll deal with it so long as I continue to get deluxe accommodations at mod pricing.

I came home today after a 4 night trip at the Dolphin. At check in I was asked if I wanted daily housekeeping. I declined since it was just me and my husband. They came anyway and made the beds, emptied trash, exchanged towels and replenished water, coffee and toiletries.

ETA- make sure you check your folio before you depart!!! I was charged for self parking AND valet parking for all 4 nights (I used valet and told them that upon checking in).

Was just at the Swan last week. Any days we felt that we needed our room serviced/towels/etc, we just texted them and they came by without asking any questions. Brought us fresh water, too. By the 5th day, we had a huge pile of towels (there's a lack of places to hang towels so it made it hard to reuse them since they never dried). The housekeeper came by at 10pm after we got back from the parks and picked them up and delivered fresh towels/waters. No complaints about housekeeping at all.

Swolphin fans - anyone have a super secret phone number that leads to a human? A friend of mine booked the Swan through some discount site and needs to get her Marriott confirmation number for MDE. She tried the main Swolphin number today and held for 30 minutes with no human in sight.

Was just at the Swan last week. Any days we felt that we needed our room serviced/towels/etc, we just texted them and they came by without asking any questions. Brought us fresh water, too. By the 5th day, we had a huge pile of towels (there's a lack of places to hang towels so it made it hard to reuse them since they never dried). The housekeeper came by at 10pm after we got back from the parks and picked them up and delivered fresh towels/waters. No complaints about housekeeping at all.
Do they give you a number for texts when you arrive? That seems like a civilized way to make requests - no more hold time on the phone

Swolphin fans - anyone have a super secret phone number that leads to a human? A friend of mine booked the Swan through some discount site and needs to get her Marriott confirmation number for MDE. She tried the main Swolphin number today and held for 30 minutes with no human in sight.

I have used 1-800-227-1500

You have to call during business hours. When given the phone options, you have to select suite bookings to get back-of-house. If you select regular reservation, you will be sent to a general Marriott call centre & they know nothing about MDE.

My reservation had linked properly, but after a call to Bonvoy, my reservation “name” was changed messing up MDE. This number got me through to in-house and they did the reset no problem. And, they actually reconfirmed that the toll number I had used was the correct one should I have more problems.

Good luck!

Do they give you a number for texts when you arrive? That seems like a civilized way to make requests - no more hold time on the phone
If you download the Swan and Dolphin app, choose "I am on property". There is an option to text them in there. It was incredibly simple and it never took more than a couple minutes for them to respond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter