Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@Eastern thanks I shot them a message about updating their app. I knew they were not taking them at one point so figured they were finally doing it again. Bummer.

It doesn't look like the Sunshine Flyer goes to the Swan. Does anyone know if you can ride SF to the YC or do you have to show proof of resort reservation?
I doubt anyone would care, you might consider the Mears Connect as they do provide service to SDR. I have no idea why Sunshine Flyer doesn't, SDR is right in the mix with YC/BC/BW - makes no sense unless SDR doesn't want them I guess.

I doubt anyone would care, you might consider the Mears Connect as they do provide service to SDR. I have no idea why Sunshine Flyer doesn't, SDR is right in the mix with YC/BC/BW - makes no sense unless SDR doesn't want them I guess.
It is strange. And I can't imagine SWR not wanting guests to get on their property. Maybe they just overlooked them.

Looking at Dolphin next Feb 27-March 6 and it says booked
Then looked at Swan and with teacher’s rate it is 378 a night before the resort fee. I’m sorry but this is totally out of my teacher’s budget. We used to always stay here and miss it but not at these prices!

@hedberg1661 I agree though I wonder if there is some exclusivity agreement between Mears & SDR, but looking at Sunshine Flyer I don't see any non-Disney properties listed while Mears Connect has about all the properties that are close by; Waldorf, Four Seasons, etc. I can't see why you wouldn't offer it to anything nearby.

Then looked at Swan and with teacher’s rate it is 378 a night before the resort fee. I’m sorry but this is totally out of my teacher’s budget. We used to always stay here and miss it but not at these prices!
Those dates might have something going on. I would keep looking and use a few different codes if you have them. Lots of corporate codes if someone who's going with you works for one.

Can I use Marriott Bonvoy points at Swan/Reserve/Dolphin for restaurants? How? (I am a new Bonvoy member. Staying on points/certificates in May, will have some left over and not a lot of use for them anytime soon.) Thanks!

@lfcfan to my knowledge you can't use points for any meals at Swan Dolphin, or any other Marriott property. There are ways to earn points though the Eat Around Town and you could Shop with points but the selection is very limited.
You can apply points towards your folio https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/redeem/hotels/instant-rewards.mi

It's a terrible exchange rate, but if someone is looking to blow the leftovers, you can. I don't know about the restaurants there as they're not just the standard Marriott lobby restaurant.

You can apply points towards your folio https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/redeem/hotels/instant-rewards.mi

It's a terrible exchange rate, but if someone is looking to blow the leftovers, you can. I don't know about the restaurants there as they're not just the standard Marriott lobby restaurant.
That is a horrible exchange rate but I guess it's an option. I always put everything on my folio (room) and pay it with my Bonvoy credit card so I maximize my points earning.

Yeah it’s a strange situation. Didn’t have a problem until they tried to charge a deposit according to the person on the phone. I gave them my credit card again on the phone and then they charged me a deposit. 5 days before our stay seems like a strange time to do so after nothing for months. Sounds like inconsistent messaging.
This happened to me yesterday too. I made a 2 night September reservation online with Marriott for WDW Swan on 2/17/22. On 3/30/22 they charged my card a one night deposit. Its like they just figured out they needed to catch up on billing, or cash flow!

We finished 10 nights at the Swan last week and loved it! Will definitely stay there again. We had our room serviced every two days. When I checked rates (one month before Texas spring break week), prices were similar to AKL. Only dolphin would price similar to a moderate. We were very happy with the Swan.

I do want to add I was able to purchase ILL and genie plus at 7am the morning of our check in date on the plane in Texas. I had already checked in on Marriot app two days prior. The reservation dropped from MDE after checking in, I added it back the night before we left and it stayed in MDE the entire 10 day stay.

We finished 10 nights at the Swan last week and loved it! Will definitely stay there again. We had our room serviced every two days. When I checked rates (one month before Texas spring break week), prices were similar to AKL. Only dolphin would price similar to a moderate. We were very happy with the Swan.

I do want to add I was able to purchase ILL and genie plus at 7am the morning of our check in date on the plane in Texas. I had already checked in on Marriot app two days prior. The reservation dropped from MDE after checking in, I added it back the night before we left and it stayed in MDE the entire 10 day stay.
That's great, GM. Thanks for your feedback, welcome home.

Keep checking as Dolphin may open up and keep checking for codes/specials. Feb is a busy time and I think there is a disney race the 23-26 of Feb, but there could be some other stuff too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter